• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As long as they keep out all the trash and keep in all the good Pokemon, I'm game.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
I hated the huge Pokédex in XY but it should be great now that we have overworld encounters. I'm also suspecting we'll get most of the other starters, I doubt they'd leave the Alola ones locked on the 3DS until remakes in ~15 years from now

Faiyaz

Nov 30, 2017
Bangladesh
I hated the huge Pokédex in XY but it should be great now that we have overworld encounters. I'm also suspecting we'll get most of the other starters, I doubt they'd leave the Alola ones locked on the 3DS until remakes in ~15 years from now

Keep in mind that overworld encounters are only in the Wild Area (which is still apparently a pretty large part of the game).

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
1568000653659.jpg

Technoxtic

Aug 30, 2019
Customisation is actually looking incredible, after the whole National Dex debacle, I'm actually really looking forward to just dressing up and playing with my Pokemon in camp hahaha.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Yes.

And I expect 300 to be available before the league, and the rest being available either in new areas or as new spawns in the Wild Area once you're champion.
Wouldn't be surprised if more were included (patch or not patch) through periodic max raid battles too

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Where people see laziness, I see a hidden feature.

Sword and Shield has mouse support.

Rolling out three different mouse designs; a Pikachu, Eevee, and Morpeko.

All £49.99, all come with a mythical.

Dec 21, 2018
As someone who is planning multiple playthroughs, all these customisation options have me really excited.

Although I usually pick the Male, the female design and options have made me decide to do at least four different playthroughs with the female character.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Guessing tons of fake starter evo leaks will show up soon with the reveal being within a month.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
As long as they keep out all the trash and keep in all the good Pokemon, I'm game.

And this is the kind of comment that saddens me the most, I think I get more offended when I see something like this than when I see a racist or sexist comment about a real human lol

What is "trash" even supposed to be in terms of Pokémon? And even if everyone agreed on this term or category, imagining a game without them will result in the most boring and predictable game ever. If good Pokémon are useful, or "good" for that matter, is because there is these other Pokémon that are not so good (style-wise or whatever people are complaining about) or not so useful in contrast.

Plus, they're not getting rid of them forever anyways. The Pokémon that don't make the cut in SwSh are supposedly coming back in future games, but the no National Pokédex policy will still be the standard. So as I've said before, there'll come a day when they won't be able to fit all the popular Pokémon or the "good Pokémon" in a single game if they want to make room for the Pokémon that didn't appear in previous entries. Maybe only then people will start realizing how awful and unfortunate this direction is, when each time more and more of their favorite Pokémon start getting cut, or it becomes impossible to have all of their faves in one single version, or when their faves become useless because all the Pokémon they could've used their strategies against aren't present in that game.

Dec 21, 2018
"Trash" Pokemon is subjective. In my opinion there is no badly designed Pokémon, and every single Pokémon is going to be liked by one person or another. There's hardly Pokémon considered trash by "most" either.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pokémon "roster" discussion is one of the worst things to happen to the fanbase. Can't wait for now every discussion for every future entry to be about "they should cut this trash pokémon".

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised we've gotten this far into, a talk on trash Pokémon that didn't immediately mention Trubbish and Garbador. Well, until I brought them up I guess.

I love Grabador, it was one of my best Pokémon of Gen 5, and suck it to anyone upset it's in the new games.

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky

Was a consensus ever reached about this little fishy? I vote it's a new Pokémon. Just looks like such a dopey fun fishy friend. I want to catch it and evolve it and watch the anime episode where a big evolved mama version of it attacks a flock of Cramorants for trying to eat her babies.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
I think the fish is a Pokémon. If it's not then it's the first time we've seen such a descript non Pokémon creature.

I also hope they don't reveal starter evolutions at all at this point

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Of course its a Pokemon. Its a fictional creature in the Pokemon world.
Whether or not its going to be something you can use in battles who knows.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
I'm still not sure about the fish. It looks too detailed indeed to just be a prop, but it also looks too simple to be a Pokémon. However, it could be that in its official artwork it's actually more detailed, or at least doesn't look as lifeless.

Mantine's original artwork depicts a very simplified Remoraid in contrast to Remoraid's artwork
226Mantine_GS.png
vs
120px-223Remoraid_GS.png

though in the new artwork it became a bit more similar to the new Remoraid artwork
600px-226Mantine.png
vs
250px-223Remoraid.png

*The in-game Mantine sprite lost Remoraid since Mantyke (and the evolution method requiring Remoraid) was introduced, though.

I don't know what to think. If it's a Pokémon, it better have an evolution. But if it ends up not being a Pokémon (at least this generation) I won't be surprised at all. I think it'd add mystery to the whole gimmick to make it more interesting and fun.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
It could also be another case similar to Kangaskhan, though not exactly the same.

The baby could very well be another Pokémon, a pre-evolution, or a Kangaskhan in another form; either way we never get to have it separately
600px-115Kangaskhan.png
600px-115Kangaskhan-Mega.png

Delio

Oct 25, 2017
I think the fish is totally a Pokemon and will evolve in a way to combat Cramorant's attacking it. Maybe some Water/Electric Barracuda.

Armite

Mar 30, 2018
Barracuda is also a name for a type of torpedo (and submarine, so maybe that's something for an evolution) and considering its design and use as a projectile, I could see it being/becoming Water/Steel

hxZLM9a.jpg

Barracuda_torpedo_and_IDAS.jpg

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
We're getting kinda overkill on weaponized/explosive fish/Water Pokemon. We already have a torpedo shark, an artillery octopus, a howitzer shrimp, a cannon turtle... and probably other things I'm forgetting.

Serif

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It could also be another case similar to Kangaskhan, though not exactly the same.

The baby could very well be another Pokémon, a pre-evolution, or a Kangaskhan in another form; either way we never get to have it separately
600px-115Kangaskhan.png
600px-115Kangaskhan-Mega.png

Similarly I expect Cramorant to have a Gigantamax form where the 'fish' becomes a full on huge missile, or Cramorant shoots multiple of them.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
I hope the fish is a catchable monster, I really like its design and the vacant expression it has. Dopey mons are the best mons