• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
Hy5yur0.jpg

Can we talk about the energy this absolute lad exudes?

edit: fuck, why can't i get this image to insert? sorry for this awkward edit

Edit 2: there we go

Beaten, or, at least I hope I am.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of remakes and regional forms, wouldn't it be awesome if we get regional forms of the remake region? Galarian forms kinda make that likely.

Sinnoh forms, here we come (I hope)!

Regional forms really are some of GF's best ideas lately. It's the best way to add 'new' pokemon without padding the dex and refreshes many of those forgotten lines.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2669

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess it'd make sense the Poison/Steel if it was supposed to represent the pollution of big industries (given its appearance) but the concept is that it actually expels a purified air, kind of like what a good fairy would do. The green gas is the residue of what it's cleaning.
Does this mean it's self-purifying? I feel like Steel/Fairy would fit this too, especially since Steel is immune to Poison. But Poison/Fairy is unique and better anyway.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Speaking of remakes and regional forms, wouldn't it be awesome if we get regional forms of the remake region? Galarian forms kinda make that likely.

Sinnoh forms, here we come (I hope)!

Regional forms really are some of GF's best ideas lately. It's the best way to add 'new' pokemon without padding the dex and refreshes many of those forgotten lines.
I'd love some Sinnohian forms

Secondary Ice types for everyone! No Fire types allowed

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I'd love some Sinnohian forms

Secondary Ice types for everyone! No Fire types allowed
Alternatively Flint redeems himself by using his original team now with actual fire
Scalding Steelix, heated Driftblim and and HOT Lopunny...no not that kind of hot you deviants!

Nintendo has confirmed that the new team will say nothing but

IT'S COMING HOME
IT'S COMING HOME
IT'S COMING HOME
IT'S COMING HOME
It's kind fitting that Marnie is destined to runner up at best to the player character

Garjon

Oct 27, 2017
If it is, then this dex is going to be very small.
Possibly, but it could be GF are just doing something different rather than making new throwaway early route pokemon fpr each gen. They haven't shown the regional bird yet either, so we could be getting a Galarian form for one of the other region's 3 stage birds (assuming Corviknight isn't it)

Grain Silo

Dec 15, 2017
I was hoping they would give some kind of Badger pokemon some representation for the Britain region. Re-introducing regional variants with Linoone getting an evolution on top was a fun idea. Puffins, manx loaghtans, a new fox of some kind, a hedgehog, and a beluga whale would also be neat to see.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I really hate Bede's design. It's so close to being half decent but the weird sideways eyelashes make him look like he has wrinkles and when combined with his hair makes him look like an old woman, and then his outfit is pretty trash too. Like I get hes wearing a jacket over his gym uniform but the weird things on the back of his legs and the big shoes ruin it.

Prefty

Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Man...why, why do they do this?? Im fine with new forms depending on the region but...PLEASE, dont make a weezing look like an industrial chimney, that is man made, there is no reason for an animal (pokemon) to look like a man made thing, please...just keep it natural, dont do this game freak :(

And yeah, I know that theres a lot of pokemon that look like man made things, and I hate that trend

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Man...why, why do they do this?? Im fine with new forms depending on the region but...PLEASE, dont make a weezing look like an industrial chimney, that is man made, there is no reason for an animal (pokemon) to look like a man made thing, please...just keep it natural, dont do this game freak :(

And yeah, I know that theres a lot of pokemon that look like man made things, and I hate that trend
You mean that trend that's been going since gen 1? Lmao

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017

Voltorb, Electrode, Porygon, Grimer, Muk.

Charizard

Oct 25, 2017

They arent just chimneys.

They are also ye olde british men wearing top hats, a classic stereotype (note how the green gas looks like facial hair)

gardfish

Oct 25, 2017

Idk, even aside from the fact that Pokemon have resembled manmade objects literally from day 1, there's implications in the lore of Pokemon itself that Pokemon appear and change shape in response to cultural concepts, things like Klink not appearing until around the time of the industrial revolution. Either way, by Pokemon standards Galarian Weezing is a pretty damn tame one, lol.

Prefty

Banned
Jun 4, 2019
I admit Gen 1 has some designs that look like man made things (magnemite being the most notorious example) but they kind of look good, gen 2 and 3 doesnt really have anything like that.

But lately you have things like:

-Rotom.
-The ice cream and cake pokemon
-This weezing

And more that I just forget right now and im sleepy.

Its just how they implement the design I guess?

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I admit Gen 1 has some designs that look like man made things (magnemite being the most notorious example) but they kind of look good, gen 2 and 3 doesnt really have anything like that.

But lately you have things like:

-Rotom.
-The ice cream and cake pokemon
-This weezing

And more that I just forget right now and im sleepy.

Its just how they implement the design I guess?
there it is

they only look good to you because of nostalgia lol, Muk, Magneton, and Electrode have always looked like ass

Rotom was DPPl, nearly what, 15 years ago? That isn't recent, and neither is Vanilluxe who is almost 10.

Feb 22, 2019

Even normal Weezing is based on a man-made object, a naval mine.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Mr Buddy brought up the idea of a Poison Legendary based on th St George Dragon whom crawled out of the Poisonus Bog and he made it a Poison/Dragon Pokémon. I want to see a Galarian Dratini line based on the same thing

Serif

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Never agreed with the idea that Pokemon can't be based on manmade/abstract things, otherwise we wouldn't get awesome designs like Aegislash. The original Weezing itself is based on naval mines, so its Galarian form makes sense while also evoking the British gentleman.

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
Just saw the new trailers. My takeaways:
  • Galarian Weezing is very good.
  • Galarian Zigzagoon is fine.
  • Galarian Linoone is great.
  • Galarian Linoone evolution is bad.
  • Marnie is GREAT.
  • Other guy is fine.
  • Team Yell is BAD. These are the first bad character designs they've shown us, and it's a shame that these are designs we'll be seeing frequently.
  • Jobs have me concerned. I've been wanting to see a quest system in Pokemon for ages, but this seemingly timer-based mission system with no actual player involvement ain't the way to go.
  • I will never not be upset that "Hangry" is now a part of Pokemon canon. I I picked the right time to duck out.

Last edited:

Anidav

Oct 25, 2017
Brisbane
Galarian Weezing is the strongest critique of Capitalism since Das Kapital. Poison due to fossil fuels, fairy because denying climate change is essentially believing in fairytales.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Just saw the new trailers. My takeaways:
  • Galarian Weezing is very good.
  • Galarian Zigzagoon is fine.
  • Galarian Linoone is great.
  • Galarian Linoone evolution is bad.
  • Marnie is GREAT.
  • Other lady is fine.
  • Team Yell is BAD. These are the first bad character designs they've shown us, and it's a shame that these are designs we'll be seeing frequently.
  • Jobs have me concerned. I've been wanting to see a quest system in Pokemon for ages, but this seemingly timer-based mission system with no actual player involvement ain't the way to go.
  • I will never not be upset that "Hangry" is now a part of Pokemon canon. I I picked the right time to duck out.
What other lady? Bede? Bede is a dude.

Raonak

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I don't think it's much different than an evolution exclusive to a regional form.

• Pikachu evolves into Alolan Raichu in Alola. It evolves into standard Raichu everywhere else (so far).
  • Standard Meowth evolves into standard Persian.
  • Alolan Meowth evolves into Alolan Persian.
  • Galarian Linoone evolves into Obstagoon (and I suppose it'll still evolve into Obstagoon outside of Galar, as long as it's the Galarian Linoone)
  • (Not so) standard Linoone doesn't evolve (as of yet)

that's what I mean though, every other regional evolution is an alternate variant on an existing evolution, while Obstagoon is not a "regional variant" in that it has no "normal variant" at all. It's completely different than all the aloan pokemon. It'd be like if Raichu evolved into Aloan Raichu.

I wonder how to order these pokemon... what's Obstagoon's non-regional pokemon number be? does it sit next to lineoon, or sit in the Galar area.
I guess it makes sense since there's no national dex, but yeah that feels like a seismic change.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
there it is

they only look good to you because of nostalgia lol, Muk, Magneton, and Electrode have always looked like ass

Rotom was DPPl, nearly what, 15 years ago? That isn't recent, and neither is Vanilluxe who is almost 10.

Now you're both just arguing opinion vs opinion without saying anything quantifiable.

Serif

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Mr Buddy brought up the idea of a Poison Legendary based on th St George Dragon whom crawled out of the Poisonus Bog and he made it a Poison/Dragon Pokémon. I want to see a Galarian Dratini line based on the same thing

Ahhh this would be the perfect opportunity for Dragonair to get another evolution (no offense Dragonite, I love you... but Dragonair should get an elegant serpentine evolution).

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
that's what I mean though, every other regional evolution is an alternate variant on an existing evolution, while Obstagoon is not a "regional variant" in that it has no "normal variant" at all. It's completely different than all the aloan pokemon. It'd be like if Raichu evolved into Aloan Raichu.

I wonder how to order these pokemon... what's Obstagoon's non-regional pokemon number be? does it sit next to lineoon, or sit in the Galar area.
I guess it makes sense since there's no national dex, but yeah that feels like a seismic change.
It'd just be in the 800's or so, it shouldn't be an issue. Sylveon for example is nowhere near Eevee in National Dex order.

LordByron28

Nov 5, 2017
Possibly, but it could be GF are just doing something different rather than making new throwaway early route pokemon fpr each gen. They haven't shown the regional bird yet either, so we could be getting a Galarian form for one of the other region's 3 stage birds (assuming Corviknight isn't it)
It would be interesting, if they did that while still introducing ~ 100 new pokemon. Also interestingly the regions bug hasnt been shown off either. I could be remembering wrong but I think at this stage we were aware of Pikipek, Ribombee, and Vikavolt. It would allow for more creative designs while also giving the forgotten pokemon some use.

I wouldn't mind a Gen 4 amount of cross Gen evolutions, which had 27, iirc coupled with ~20 regional variants and the remaining ~75 pokemon are brand new lines.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018

Gamefreak has never given a shit about Pokemon NEEDING to resemble natural creatures, Gen 1 even has Porygon, a literal artificial Pokemon made in a lab, along with Electrode and Voltorb who are just fictional objects with eyes. And don't even get me started on Jynx.

It's not their fault that you want to dictate what Pokemon should or shouldn't look like, especially when Gamefreak has always been open to objects and weird humanoids being Pokemon since day one.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Guys don't hate me but I want some regional pre-evolutions. I love those.

Idk, even aside from the fact that Pokemon have resembled manmade objects literally from day 1, there's implications in the lore of Pokemon itself that Pokemon appear and change shape in response to cultural concepts, things like Klink not appearing until around the time of the industrial revolution. Either way, by Pokemon standards Galarian Weezing is a pretty damn tame one, lol.
I think it's more like, in the Pokémon world these Pokémon existed before the actual man-made objects and it's the humans that made the objects look like the Pokémon because they were inspired by them

Feb 20, 2019
I don't get why people think that pokémons are animals. They are monsters. They are different creatures to what we are used to see in the real world. Of course a monster can be a keychain, some gears or a couple of chimneys stacked on naval mines. They are fictional creatures, I don't want to look at a xerox of an already existing animal in my monster collecting game.