New Pokémon Sword and Shield Info (Rivals, Team, Galarian Forms, cross-gen Evos)

sunnpeace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The scale being off in X and Y was fine, because it was still a relatively abstract representation of battle, like the sprites. But with Gen VI and the trainer models being visible in battle, it looked... well, off.

Small to medium sized Pokemon are represented fine but large Pokemon are shrunken.
It's not like they can't represent really large Pokemon - Zygarde is 14 feet tall, Wailord is a little more than 3 times that much.

ERAsaur

Oct 25, 2017
3. Something tells me with that Corviknight cry in the Jpn. Trailer that its gonna be the 3rd Stage in a Galarian Skarmory Line. It just sounds too similar. Dunno if it could work like that with no type change however.
Unless it was like Scyther-Scizor but also got a slight stat boost, I doubt it. Back when I calculated them from the demo it was slightly higher than Skarmory by like 10-20 points and was in the middle of a bunch of regional birds' BSTs.

Feb 22, 2019
I'm not deciding which Pokémon I'm going to have on my team until I know all Pokémon and stats, but Sir Weezing is a strong contender due to its interesting looks.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
I'm not deciding which Pokémon I'm going to have on my team until I know all Pokémon and stats, but Sir Weezing is a strong contender due to its interesting looks.
It's funny 'cause I see lots of posts about the team they're using but I usually don't decide anything beforehand, besides the starter. I just go by whatever I stumble upon first, and if it helps me, it stays, if I found something better along the way I replace it, and it isn't until after the 4th or 5th gym that I kinda stick to the same 4 or 5 and the spot(s) left is occupied by a Pokémon I need to evolve, an egg, etc.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
The scale being off in X and Y was fine, because it was still a relatively abstract representation of battle, like the sprites. But with Gen VI and the trainer models being visible in battle, it looked... well, off.

Small to medium sized Pokemon are represented fine but large Pokemon are shrunken.
It's not like they can't represent really large Pokemon - Zygarde is 14 feet tall, Wailord is a little more than 3 times that much.
Yeah, it's interesting because the models are all to proper scale, so they actually implement a scaling engine to scale them down.

I am curious why they have re-implemented this in Sword & Shield

Oct 27, 2017

What makes this even more bizarre is with dynamaxing we literally already have pokemon much larger than ever before on the field with pokemon their normal size so there should be no reason to adjust the scales whatsoever!

Birdie

Oct 26, 2017
The Sword and Shield demo in Gamescon was the first time Imipidimp was given names outside of English so I wonder if his reveal is coming soon.

JUSTICE FOR IMPIDIMP