• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
September 1st 2016: Nintendo Direct. Reveals Alolan Rattata & Alolan Raichu's Z-Move and the Munchlax with Snorlium Z event(play game before mid Jan for it)
September 6th 2016: Pokémon Sun & Moon reveal of Nihilego, Gladion, Type: Null, Alolan Raticate, Jangmo-o, Zygarde Cells & Aether Foundation#

September 13th 2017: Nintendo Direct. Reveals Stakataka & Blacephalon plus Rockruff event with Lycanium Z (play game before mid Jan for it)
September 22nd 2017: Pokémon USM reveal of Mantine Surfing, Alola Photo Club, new trials & increased Alola Pokédex

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
In
In one trailer Chairman Rose throws out an obscured Pokemon for a frame that resembles a tea pot with an elephant snout.
Do you remember which trailer it was?

EDIT: Nevermind, I googled it. It's the Gigantamax trailer with Alcremie. The Japanese trailer made the same transition but covered it way better than the US trailer. lol

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Do you remember which trailer it was?

EDIT: Nevermind, I googled it. It's the Gigantamax trailer with Alcremie. The Japanese trailer made the same transition but covered it way better than the US trailer. lol
The japanese trailers are very stylish, I like them a lot even ignoring their extra or diffetrently edited footage

Feb 24, 2018
Question because I didn't know where to post this and the concerns thread didn't seem right. Which Pokemon would you like to see new evolutions that:

1. Have a sizeable fandom but are not great competitively?
2. Don't have a mega, regional form or an an evo they got in a later gen?
3. Likely from the first 1-3/4 generations?
4. Not a legendary or mythical?
5. Can have a potentially interesting evolution design?

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Question because I didn't know where to post this and the concerns thread didn't seem right. Which Pokemon would you like to see new evolutions that:

Rapidash needs something. Anything.
Also a Carnivine evolution could be really cool if done well

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Claydol deserves the spotlight once more with a new form/evo with usable offenses

Spiritomb could use it as well.

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018

I'm gonna cheat and say Maractus since it is one of my favourite gen V pokémon who hasn't gotten anything. A Beheeyem evo would also be awesome.

If we are going by gen 2-4 then I'd say Claydol, Shuckle, Smeargle and Delibird.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana

I really ignore which Pokémon have a sizeable fandom, but considering everything else I'd say:
  • Gen I: Rapidash, Mr. Mime, Jynx, Ditto (maybe a new, interesting gimmick of some sort? Surprise us GF)
  • Gen II: Lanturn, Skiploom (side evo like Gloom), Qwilfish, Octillery, Skarmory (is it even gonna appear on SwSh?)
  • Gen III: Zangoose, Seviper, Claydol
  • Gen IV: Male Combee, Spiritomb, Weavile
  • Gen V: Excadrill, Maractus, Cinccino, Stunfisk, Mienshao, Heatmor, Durant
  • Gen VI: Meowstic, Aromatisse, Slurpuff, Hawlucha, Gourgeist
  • Gen VII: Male Salandit, Pyukumuku, Komala
Of course I'm not expecting that many, but they're just ideas.

Whenever I think of this, I tend to give all the single stage Pokémon an evolution, but at the same time we need those Pokémo to exist as well, so we don't lose that magic, so that's why I tried to include more Pokémon that already have an evolutionary family.

Similarly, I'd give other Pokémon a pre-evolution, like Tropius, Lapras, Furfrou, Oranguru, Passimian, Turtonator, Drampa, Druddigon, whether they're needed or not.

Hentz

The Fallen
Mar 9, 2018

Impressive how Arcanine is still up there for a Mega or regional version.... yet is one of the most popular Gen 1 and checks all the questions you made.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I really ignore which Pokémon have a sizeable fandom, but considering everything else I'd say:
  • Gen I: Rapidash, Mr. Mime, Jynx, Ditto (maybe a new, interesting gimmick of some sort? Surprise us GF)
  • Gen II: Lanturn, Skiploom (side evo like Gloom), Qwilfish, Octillery, Skarmory (is it even gonna appear on SwSh?)
  • Gen III: Zangoose, Seviper, Claydol
  • Gen IV: Male Combee, Spiritomb, Weavile
  • Gen V: Excadrill, Maractus, Cinccino, Stunfisk, Mienshao, Heatmor, Durant
  • Gen VI: Meowstic, Aromatisse, Slurpuff, Hawlucha, Gourgeist
  • Gen VII: Male Salandit, Pyukumuku, Komala
Of course I'm not expecting that many, but they're just ideas.

Whenever I think of this, I tend to give all the single stage Pokémon an evolution, but at the same time we need those Pokémo to exist as well, so we don't lose that magic, so that's why I tried to include more Pokémon that already have an evolutionary family.

Similarly, I'd give other Pokémon a pre-evolution, like Tropius, Lapras, Furfrou, Oranguru, Passimian, Turtonator, Drampa, Druddigon, whether they're needed or not.
They said not great competitively. Excadrill, Hawlucha, Skarmory, and Weaville are all OU by usage in the current meta. Hell, Skarmory is one of the most infamous competitive Pokemon and has been a major part of OU since it's arrival in gen2

edit: Ok, just needed to make a correction, since Weaville is currently not OU by usage, and it's tier on smogon is UUBL (as in, it's too powerful for Underused, but not used enough to be considered properly OU)