• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Only reason i dont want a new type is because i'm sure they would find a way to make it super effective against ice just to make ice even more shittier

the pokemon staff must really hate the japanese winter

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
ice would be better if it wasnt weak to literally everything, resisted only itself and one of the better types in the game got most of their good moves by default. plus also giving it to more fast pokemon like weaville i guess.

Oct 26, 2017
Hmm speaking of spoilers, there is one aspect while also taking into account Team Yell that has me thinking. What if Sound Type is the last huge thing they have to reveal? So far each evil team has an obvious type they want to use besides the usual Dark/Poison, and since a lot of sound inspired moves are normal type, I feel they might repurpose a lot of em to let Team Yell have a multitude of Pokemon to use.

This is the 1st time since Gen 5 where the pre release info pieces are the bare minimum and not everything is being shown. Its logical for the hype to be less apparent as there is far less to talk about as the freshness of the trailer wears off.

A type reveal would have already happened by now (Fairy happened in June 2013 iirc, either at E3 or just before E3). It doesn't make sense to start unveiling a new type when you're closer to game release and have other stuff to show off. Also, that type reveal had nothing to do with the Team, so I can't see the Team being representative of new gameplay element.

Wealthydave3

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Honestly, I think Ice should be strong against Water (cold temperatures freezes water), and Water should be weak against Ice.

I think the problem with ice type is not their offense but rarher their defense. By making ice types super effective to water that would just make water types more effective since they would also just use ice type moves. Plus freeze dry exist. I think the best thing that can be done for ice types is to increase the average speed of all ice type pokemon. Ice type pokemon are supposed to be glass canon but they can't do that if they aren't fast so that would be the first thing i would do. Giving a fairy resistance and immunity to flying would be nice too. Lastly, removing ice beam from a lot of water pokemon and making it almost exclusively to ice pokemon would be a cool change. One other thing that's kind of extra would be to make an ice move that reflects the move of the attacker but these are just some changes that can be done to make ice types a little more viable.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think the problem with ice type is not their offense but rarher their defense. By making ice types super effective to water that would just make water types more effective since they would also just use ice type moves. Plus freeze dry exist. I think the best thing that can be done for ice types is to increase the average speed of all ice type pokemon. Ice type pokemon are supposed to be glass canon but they can't do that if they aren't fast so that would be the first thing i would do. Giving a fairy resistance and immunity to flying would be nice too. Lastly, removing ice beam from a lot of water pokemon and making it almost exclusively to ice pokemon would be a cool change. One other thing that's kind of extra would be to make an ice move that reflects the move of the attacker but these are just some changes that can be done to make ice types a little more viable.
I personally want to see ice types just get rework for its defensive capabilities.

Though the idea of ice and fire types being super effective and weak to one another would make a ton of sense.

Ramsay

Jul 2, 2019
Australia
Personally, I think that if Ice is going to remain the weakest defensive type, then it should clearly be the strongest offensive type. Right now, Ice, as an offensive type, is strong, but you could make the argument that Fighting, Ground and Rock are just as good.

Corrie1960

Banned
Mar 19, 2019
It's so obvious that team yell is another team skull and team rose is the real villains

Team tell should be called team scream

Wealthydave3

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Personally, I think that if Ice is going to remain the weakest defensive type, then it should clearly be the strongest offensive type. Right now, Ice, as an offensive type, is strong, but you could make the argument that Fighting, Ground and Rock are just as good.
Actually, those typings are much stronger than ice. Fighting types average attack is 120, Ground and rock ypes, defensive types have 109 Attack an 100 respectively. While ice types, who rely on special moves, only average a 92 Sp attack. They need at least 10 more points in that stat to be in the conversation of strongest offense

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
So is Farfetch'd getting a galarian form and evolution? Lore wise is doesn't completely make sense for it to have a form, since it already uses its leek as a sword, not much would be worth changing to justify a new form, but at the same time it doesn't make sense for it to be normal but only evolve in Galar.

1000% H

Oct 25, 2017
So is Farfetch'd getting a galarian form and evolution? Lore wise is doesn't completely make sense for it to have a form, since it already uses its leek as a sword, not much would be worth changing to justify a new form, but at the same time it doesn't make sense for it to be normal but only evolve in Galar.
I don't think anything needs to necessarily make sense lore-wise. If they want to make a new form I'm sure they'll find a way to justify it, remember how for Raichu becoming Psychic the reason was "Uhhhh....it was pancakes, probably"?

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Water type Galarian Farfetch'd with a Water/Steel Evolution. More closely based off of the Mallard, the base stage can be seen deliberately chewing on a Water Reed while using its wings for defense. Its evolution uses the Reeds it chewed on while younger to fancy itself a sword stronger than steel itself.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Water type Galarian Farfetch'd with a Water/Steel Evolution. More closely based off of the Mallard, the base stage can be seen deliberately chewing on a Water Reed while using its wings for defense. Its evolution uses the Reeds it chewed on while younger to fancy itself a sword stronger than steel itself.

Yeah a water reed or cattail does make sense and could be worth a change, they're also edible like onions.

KamenRiderEra

Oct 25, 2017
Playing a lil bit pokemon this weekend (Let's go and Ultra Sun) make me wish the option to choose which of the 6 pokemon to enter a battle ..... Like, why one must always be the front-primary? And to not be unfair with the opponent just let their pokemon in secret till the ball is thrown.

The first NI No Kuni does this right, see 0.09 seconds:

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
I find it funny that argument about continuity or consistency of why only Galar forms will get cross-gen evolutions, so eviolite can still make sense. Like, they can't explain why normal Linoone didn't benefit from eviolite in previous games or why it didn't evolve into Obstagoon, or why Eeevee didn't evolve with the Leaf Stone, or why Chansey used to hatch from eggs but not Happiny, but somehow they'll have a supposedly very convincing reason as to why some Pokémon can't be brought in to Galar and subsequent regions, while others will.

OP
OP
Dwebble

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Personal Opinion: I expect much more info to be revealed at Worlds then during Sun/Moon's devlopment
I'd be a bit surprised- they revealed Crabrawler and the localisations for Sangygast, Palossand and Stufful (which had only previously been detailed by Coro Coro) at Worlds for Sun and Moon, so that's a fair bit.

A new Pokémon, Mega or Z-move is standard- previous reveals have included Mega Kangaskhan, Mega Slowbro, Kommo-o's Z-move, etc.

Cynn

Oct 27, 2017
pokemon_190807_01.png
The core color should be white not yellow. White is more like a hamster and less like Pikachu.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I'd be a bit surprised- they revealed Crabrawler and the localisations for Sangygast, Palossand and Stufful (which had only previously been detailed by Coro Coro) at Worlds for Sun and Moon, so that's a fair bit.

A new Pokémon, Mega or Z-move is standard- previous reveals have included Mega Kangaskhan, Mega Slowbro, Kommo-o's Z-move, etc.
True - i expect a fair bit to be revraled at Worlds. If the whole Eeveeoultions rumour is true then Worlds is the place

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
You know I have been thinking about this prerelease cycle and how barebones it is, and I am loving it more and more as the days pass by. Just thinking about what we know and how little we know about them in detail is pretty fun to think about. I mean some examples are:
-Rotom Phone. In previous gens we would know what the Pokedevice does, but here all we know is that its a dex and likely the map. Does it make calls? Does it have apps like the Poketch?
-Rotom bike possession. The site alluded that it has other uses but so far only the lake bike has been seen.
-Badges were shown in the E3 Demo to be part of a larger whole but there has been no word on this.
-We know that you need to be endorsed by someone to challenge the gyms, but we have no idea if that includes the various companies.
-This also means we have no idea to what extent these companies play a role in the games' story and if anyone else is working with rose.
-We know from the map that there is extensive train line but we have no idea when its gonna be used and how frequently.
-No official data on the Legendaries, just their names.
-We have no official word on Y-Comms beyond the fact that it works similarly to the PSS. Is there a separate menu function for it as well? No idea. Will it have other multiplayer uses beyond the wild area and raid battles? No idea.
-No official town names or cities, and from the looks of it the biggest city in game will not feature at all till the release of the game, which is gonna be fun to watch unfold cause it could be a hefty amount of content.

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
I have two things I want from Let's Go to return in this game. Being able to access the boxes from anywhere in the over world and have "HMs" no longer take up move slots. I assume we won't know if they make it back until release. Plus, please don't have less than 50 new Pokemon.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
I have two things I want from Let's Go to return in this game. Being able to access the boxes from anywhere in the over world and have "HMs" no longer take up move slots. I assume we won't know if they make it back until release. Plus, please don't have less than 50 new Pokemon.
HMs are never coming back as per Masuda's own comment
I don't think the PC will be accessible everywhere since we have seen the traditional one in Pokémon Centers

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's no point to HMs or secret techniques anymore. As we already saw, the bike took the place of Surf. Unless we get bike/phone upgrades that do the same thing, that shit's dead

GoldStarz

Oct 25, 2017
PC being always accessible is such a game-breaking feature, it should never be in a traditional Pokemon game.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Yeah Rotom Phone hijackjng other transport is gonna replace HMS. I can only assume the Rotomi featured in the PCs will be for pushing Bloudera and the other strength based HMs.

Nov 14, 2017
You know I have been thinking about this prerelease cycle and how barebones it is, and I am loving it more and more as the days pass by. Just thinking about what we know and how little we know about them in detail is pretty fun to think about. I mean some examples are:
-Rotom Phone. In previous gens we would know what the Pokedevice does, but here all we know is that its a dex and likely the map. Does it make calls? Does it have apps like the Poketch?
-Rotom bike possession. The site alluded that it has other uses but so far only the lake bike has been seen.
-Badges were shown in the E3 Demo to be part of a larger whole but there has been no word on this.
-We know that you need to be endorsed by someone to challenge the gyms, but we have no idea if that includes the various companies.
-This also means we have no idea to what extent these companies play a role in the games' story and if anyone else is working with rose.
-We know from the map that there is extensive train line but we have no idea when its gonna be used and how frequently.
-We have no official word on Y-Comms beyond the fact that it works similarly to the PSS. Is there a separate menu function for it as well? No idea. Will it have other multiplayer uses beyond the wild area and raid battles? No idea.
-No official town names or cities, and from the looks of it the biggest city in game will not feature at all till the release of the game, which is gonna be fun to watch unfold cause it could be a hefty amount of content.
Yeah, it really bugs me. The majority of the reveals so far have been characters / Pokemon. And Poke Jobs was only revealed in the Japanese version of the trailer.

As far as endorsement is concerned, what if each time you beat a gym, you gain an endorsement from a company and that company is also made available for Poke Jobs?

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain

I think this is the main reason people were so upset about the Dex cuts. We know very little about the games so far and it's exciting to think what else they could be keeping hidden.

Nov 14, 2017
I wish that we unlock HMs for the Rotomphone as the game goes. I enjoy discovering new places with new abilities.
Tying that back to the Poke Job companies, what if you receive the HM apps or whatever from those companies when you earn their endorsement? Joining a mining company gives you Rock Smash, joining a nautical-based company gives you Surf, etc.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Yeah, it really bugs me. The majority of the reveals so far have been characters / Pokemon. And Poke Jobs was only revealed in the Japanese version of the trailer.

As far as endorsement is concerned, what if each time you beat a gym, you gain an endorsement from a company and that company is also made available for Poke Jobs?
I was saying it in a positive way, but I can see why some people would be annoyed by it. As for the Pokejob companies that unlock over time, I would think its based on the gyms, but it would be neat if each one is unlocked by a sidequest completing a small story that involves you helping the company catch a certain Pokemon or running an errand. Like the mail company could have you deliver mail cross region, the Klink company can have you mining ores from the mine caves, and so on so forth.

klauskpm

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
Tying that back to the Poke Job companies, what if you receive the HM apps or whatever from those companies when you earn their endorsement? Joining a mining company gives you Rock Smash, joining a nautical-based company gives you Surf, etc.
I really like the premise, but I think that tying it with PokeJobs wouldn't work, because I assume they are optional and rotational. Going to the companies base and doing special jobs for bike upgrades would be my dream scenario.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I realized there is a little detail no one pointed out yet, we might just have our first official city name indirectly revealed:
4th image showing the exp gain, its from a company called Turffield Orchards. This company also endorses Milo. So from that, we can come to the conclusion that this city is likely called Turffield City. Or perhaps they drop the City and Town nomenclature and its just called Turffield. I dunno if I hate it, but I definitely don't love it. Turffield sounds like a boring trying to sound British style and its boring after Kalos and Alola had some flair.