• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Best gym leader

• #TeamBea - Sword Exclusive

• #TeamAllister - Shield Exclusive

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Great designs as usual. Guess I'll have to follow the Galar anime season to know these characters and Pokémon. :/

Also, exclusive version gym leaders seems a bit shady. As an one time gimmick for one game (BW) it was fine, but if it keeps happening it's not a good change.

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Allister's design >>>

D-9Jlx4WsAAsDOw.png:large

Version Exculsive Pokemon

Team Shield just got a new member.

Kiraly

Oct 30, 2017
Trailer looks good. Surprisingly really enjoying the music, though I don't think it will be in game?

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Gigantimaxing has... potential, I guess. If it applies to the vast majority of creatures, it would be the first good reasoning they've given us for Dexit.

That said, we're getting a wedding cake and it's not an evolution of Slurpuff, everything is terrible.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017

Confirmed version-exclusive gym leaders.

GamingRobioto

May 18, 2018
Exeter, UK
The "dynamaxing" is a real turn off for me, it just looks lame. It's going to be a big part of the games isn't it? :(

I like everything outside of that.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Those two forms that we have seen would be ridiculous at normal size. They are designed to be huge, one is a kaiju and the other is an absurdly high cake.

Jun 2, 2019
ngl, while each individual gym leader looks great, I fucking hate the idea of version exclusive gym leaders. I already didnt like the idea of 2 versions with exclusive Pokemon, but differentiating them even more with content that cant be acquired with just trading? Fuck that shit.
However maybe im jumping the gun and theres a postgame, doubt it though.

It's not the first time it happens. The lauded Gen V does exactly this.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Version exclusive gym leaders is a big no-no. Pokemon is one thing, at least you can trade for them, but this? Nah. Not okay.

Oct 25, 2017
Those two forms that we have seen would be ridiculous at normal size. They are designed to be huge, one is a kaiju and the other is an absurdly high cake.

Yeah, they're both obvious extensions of the normal forms, "what if it we're huge?". The cake becoming a layer cake and the turtle becoming Godzilla are great concepts. I expect there to only be a handful of forms like that.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One is literally just Blastoise but better, another is just a more detailed Corviknight.

Size has no bearing on what makes a design good, this is the dumbest argument ive ever seen.

Mashy

Oct 28, 2017
Gigantimaxing looks trash as a gimmick. I didnt think they could get much worse than Z-moves yet here we are.

Shield has the best version exclusives so far imo.

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I've never been that much into Pokémon, but these character designs are simply fantastic. First time since...ever that i want to see more and more about a game in this franchise.

Oct 27, 2017
So I can get Sword and get the better Gym leader or Shield for the better Pokemon (Larvitar is dope) neat....

Trailer looks great but some of these ideas are just bad...still excited though

Kraq

Oct 25, 2017
The leak didn't have any mention of the ghost or fighting gym leaders, but it did mention Rose. Perhaps they changed it later into development?

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
The gym leaders have been all amazing so far, can't wait for them to be added to Pokemon Masters :)

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
One is literally just Blastoise but better, another is just a more detailed Corviknight.

Size has no bearing on what makes a design good, this is the dumbest argument ive ever seen.
Yes, I'm sure artists do not take into account when designing a monster if it's going to be a kaiju the size of a building or a 20-centimeter lizard.

Armite

Mar 30, 2018
Both gym leaders look awesome, so I'm happy with either. I'm still undecided on my version.

The three new Pokémon aren't so much my thing, but I've love plenty of the others. Anyway, Yamper art:

JRBzSLY.jpg

Where's Impidimp? =[

Status
Not open for further replies.