• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Best gym leader

• #TeamBea - Sword Exclusive

• #TeamAllister - Shield Exclusive

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
Updated chart for all the currently confirmed Legacy Pokemon.

tAP0gJv.jpg

Not so relevant, but I was pointed out that Mudkip - Mightyena had the wrong numbers, so I updated the original pic. It's already on Deviantart if you're interested for the next update :P

What I hope that they do again with the designs are Pokémons based on animals, but like, lesser known animals.

Let's take a look at dolphins. For an awful lot of time, people have been asking for a dolphin Pokémon. Of course, many people want it to be the more popular specie of dolphins, the oceanic dolphin:
images

...But I hope that if they do a dolphin mon, it would rather be based on a less popular specie, I think that it would make it much more original and interesting. One cool choice is the Gangetic dolphin:
Look at this guy. He looks so goofy and cute, it's just unfair at this point.

I wish they made more abstract looking monsters. Like, creatures with animal-like features but that you can't tell for sure what kind of animal it is. Like Drowzee, Jigglypuff, Sableye or Impidimp.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Well, remember when Lusamine was introduced as the head of the benevolent Aether Foundation?

And then it turned out both she and the AF were the bad guys?

They seemed to regret that considering US/UM though.

Also, going by the leaks,
the enemy team seems to be just a bunch of hooligans who cheer for the champion. Then, again, it also mentioned an evil legendary, so I guess they might just have overlooked mentioning the human associated with them.

I wish they made more abstract looking monsters. Like, creatures with animal-like features but that you can't tell for sure what kind of animal it is. Like Drowzee, Jigglypuff, Sableye or Impidimp.

Drowzee is just an humanoid Baku (Japanese mythological animal that eats dreams).

Last edited:

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Alcreme is just Espurr full of cream.... can't unsee. Ugh these new designs aren't very good. I can't stop laughing at the cake and cream pokemon.... the cake is making me die of laughter. It looks so damn silly.... And hmmm Gigantamaxing feels absolutely unnecessary to me. They wanted to go for no megas and no z moves but this seems stronger unless i'm missing something? I wonder how rare they will be. If they are as rare as shinies then fine but if they are common ... no.

Feb 20, 2019
Not so relevant, but I was pointed out that Mudkip - Mightyena had the wrong numbers, so I updated the original pic. It's already on Deviantart if you're interested for the next update :P

Yeah, I adore Hypno
Gothitelle is also a pretty nice humanoid monster, it's not too uncanny

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
I dunno why everyone seems certain that Leon is a secret villain, just because they did that with Aether and Lusamine. It would be a pretty blatant rehash only one gen later, complete with a friendly companion (Hop/Lillie) who has to deal with a shitty family member.

Me neither. If any, he might have been used by the company, and made believe that he won all those battles, but it wasn't his main intentions to fool people. Then he might help you to defeat the organization once he realizes that he's been used. I mean, giving Charizard to a main villain would be, strange.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
I hope there's a way to control what type of Pokemon you find with a Raid, because if it's spending Crystals to get a random Pokemon that might be able to Gigantamax, I'm sensing some Gacha undertones here.
Also, is it even confirmed if EVERYONE catches the Pokemon in a Raid, or just the person who Dynamaxes?

The foundation is definitely there for some GACHA bullshit. The outcry if they did this would be unlike anything we've ever seen, so I don't think it will happen. But it does make you wonder how Crystals will be obtained.

Garjon

Oct 27, 2017

Hell I'd settle for Fighting types that aren't humanoid or human/animal hybrids. For instance, a python or a crocodile

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
Updated chart for all the currently confirmed Legacy Pokemon.

tAP0gJv.jpg

Additions since the last version.

- Added info box in bottom right corner explaining each colour and symbol.
- Added version number in top right corner. Going to be v 0.something until the game comes out/datamining tells us all just to show image is incomplete.
- Added Last Updated in top left corner to show when the chart was updated last.
- Added Noibat evolution line. (Was revealed previously, was waiting on next big update)
- Added Togekiss (Missed adding it in previous chart by mistake.)
- Added Hitmontop evolution line.
- Added Woobat evolution line.
- Added Helioptile evolution line.
- Added Pumpkaboo evolution line.
- Added Jangma-O evolution line.
- And added Maractus! Everyone lets get your Maractus Dance Party started!

CalculatingQualifiedIberianbarbel-small.gif

EDIT: 0.2.1 update, actually add Tyrogue and Hitmontop to the chart. Hitmontop gif to apologise. Let it rip.

UKsGF8R.gif

Yes we are still waiting on Shuckle.
Good to see the Hitmons make their first appearance in regional dex since HG/SS (GSC if you don't include remakes)! Maractus joins Bronzor/Bronzong and Tympole/Palpitoad/Seismitoad in making its first appearance since Gen V.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Yes, if everything in a raid could be achieved the first time people would stop doing them right away, I'm sure there's going to be a random factor in them, like in Pokemon Go.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The worst thing is that even if they confirm Lilligant, that doesn't confirm Whimsicott.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Making players repeat Max Raid Battles to capture Gigamax-capable Pokemon is one way to add post-game content, I guess.

Typhon

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, all I see when I look at Rolycoly is a rock version Beldum. Completly unoriginal.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
It's no more gacha than the other dozens of random elements in catching and breeding Pokémon imo.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fair enough, I guess I wasn't paying enough attention to the Treehouse when they explained that.
Still reeks of Gacha-like mechanics to me, though.

there's nothing gacha-like in it. It's just a classic raid/trial mechanic taken straight from MMOs and MMO-lite games with a minor chance to drop the rare gigamax pokémon.

It's what the franchise needed since a long time as some real long term content.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Why? You think they are going to not put the evolution stones in the game?
Lilligant isn't related to Whimsicott.
It was just the version exclusive counterpart in past games.

But Petlili was in the Friend Safari in Y, but Whimsicott/Cottonee could only be transferred in.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Lilligant isn't related to Whimsicott.
It was just the version exclusive counterpart in past games.

But Petlili was in the Friend Safari in Y, but Whimsicott/Cottonee could only be transferred in.

Oh, gotcha. I thought it was because of the stones, I barely remember Gen 6.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If the majority of non-Gen VIIII Gigantamax Pokemon are Generation I, there's a few ones I think would be neat...

Giant Venomoth looking like Mothra, a Giant Tentacruel that transforms into a Kraken, and maybe Machamp looking like Ultraman?

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Sorry, all I see when I look at Rolycoly is a rock version Beldum. Completly unoriginal.
Wtf is this take. They barely look similar, and it looks much more like Roggenrola anyway.

And it doesn't matter either way, since Rolycoly looks different enough with its wheel and all, and will almost certainly evolve into something completely different from Metagross or Gigalith.

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
Not much variety in types shown so far really. 2 Steel types, 3 Grass types, 2 Water types, 2 Rock types, 2 Fairy types. Early signs that the last few Gens most neglected types (Ground, Poison and Ice) will be suffering again.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Rolycoly's ability is really interesting.

Wtf is this take. They barely look similar, and it looks much more like Roggenrola anyway.

And it doesn't matter either way, since Rolycoly looks different enough with its wheel and all, and will almost certainly evolve into something completely different from Metagross or Gigalith.
Rolycoly is definitely going to be speed-based and be completely different from those other Pokemon.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
their insistence on pikachu, geodude, and zubat clones got old years ago

I kinda don't mind the Pikaclones, even though I never use them. Always a little interested in what they come up with next.

It's prolly that train of thought that led them to go all in and create Mimikyu lol

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
I hope Octillery, if it's in, receives a Gigantamax form reminiscent of its original design

Don't remember if it was mentioned on a leak...

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
I'm not sure you're really using the term "gacha" correctly
I'm not saying it's going to cost real life money, what I'm getting from this is that you spend an in-game currency (the crystals) to get something at random (whatever Pokemon you end up encountering in a raid.) I can't remember if they tell you what Pokemon you're going to battle beforehand, but if there's no way to select what Pokemon to battle, it's definitely similar to a gacha in that you have to keep rerolling until you get what you want. I feel the same way toward this as I feel about breeding for a shiny or something with certain IVs or a good Nature, I feel like it's needlessly obtuse for the sake of artificially making these things more difficult to get.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not saying it's going to cost real life money, what I'm getting from this is that you spend an in-game currency (the crystals) to get something at random (whatever Pokemon you end up encountering in a raid.) I can't remember if they tell you what Pokemon you're going to battle beforehand, but if there's no way to select what Pokemon to battle, it's definitely similar to a gacha in that you have to keep rerolling until you get what you want. I feel the same way toward this as I feel about breeding for a shiny or something with certain IVs or a good Nature, I feel like it's needlessly obtuse for the sake of artificially making these things more difficult to get.

ONXSYIS.jpg

They tell you though.

Status
Not open for further replies.