• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Best gym leader

• #TeamBea - Sword Exclusive

• #TeamAllister - Shield Exclusive

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
No, I just blocked those. People are fucking insufferable, dude.
for normal people, it's just a cute animation of a corgi doing cute stuff
Seriously. The average person just sees a cute dog shaking its booty. It has been fun to see people rage about tail whip though.
Sorry but I don't get why people are so dismissive. If they didn't use new animations as the reason for the cut Pokemon nobody would care about this tail whip animations look. The fact they did use it is their fault and people can be disappointed by that. Obviously people who don't care about bringing Pokemon from older games or that never paid for Pokebank don't care about it. I just don't get why it's wrong for people who did both of these things to voice their concerns.

This feels like when people complained about the "out of season april fools joke" guy. Let people be disappointed.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
The silhouette of the greyhound being one giant lightning bolt is fun. The sort of did it with mega manectric, but this will be sleeker, I imagine
Game looks great. Only thing I don't like is how each gym is just a generic stadium. I miss each having their own uniquely themed dojo
At e3 they showed a more standard water gym that you have to fight through first. So there's a regular gym, and then you have your big showdown with the leader in the stadium.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry but I don't get why people are so dismissive. If they didn't use new animations as the reason for the cut Pokemon nobody would care about this tail whip animations look. The fact they did use it is their fault and people can be disappointed by that. Obviously people who don't care about bringing Pokemon from older games or that never paid for Pokebank don't care about it. I just don't get why it's wrong for people who did both of these things to voice their concerns.

But I don't care, dude. I just don't want to see those tweets and people insulting the devs.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This feels like when people complained about the "out of season april fools joke" guy. Let people be disappointed.

And let me make fun of people being outraged at a CM posting a gif that some people see as provocating or made acknowledging the few people mad about the animations.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018

No, it's fucking tail whip. We've seen a bit of the new stuff with gigantamax and the new moves. Plus we know their is more to come. Pointing at tail whip is ridiculous.

Feb 20, 2019

Hey, I completely agree with the fact that we should get better animations and we have absolutely all the rights to be pissed about it. Actually, I think that a lot of people blindly defend this stupid decision just because the people that actually want the game to have good animations are being really rude sometimes. But even, there are a ton of people that want the game to be good and aren't harassing the devs.

However, I simply don't see how the tail whip animation could be improved. Animating all the tails of each single pokémon knowing the move would actually be madness, even with the cutting of some mons.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
But I don't care, dude. I just don't want to see those tweets and people insulting the devs.
I skimmed through that tweet and nobody insulted them as far as I could see. Voicing critique on a decision a dev made is not equal to insulting them. None of those hashtags are offensive. I'm not saying don't block it of course, you do you. I just don't get why you get so angry at people being disappointed by the statements Gamefreak made. Because let's be honest, the animation argument was a lame excuse that is being debunked left and right, that gif included.

I guess bringing this up here when you don't care is kind of moot but all I'm saying is that it's not really hard to see why others care.

And let me make fun of people being outraged at a CM posting a gif that some people see as provocating or made acknowledging the few people mad about the animations.
The fact this outrage was going on for so long or the lenght of the threads here should tell you those aren't just a few people. A lot of people paid for their service to transfer Pokemon and now basically got told to suck it up. Personally I don't see it as provocating, but I also don't see people who simply throw some hashtags at some bad animation (that's used as a sorry excuse for cut Pokemon) as provocated, either. Just people voicing disappointment.
No, it's fucking tail whip. We've seen a bit of the new stuff with gigantamax and the new moves. Plus we know their is more to come. Pointing at tail whip is ridiculous.
Yeah it's the same tailwhip animation since ages. Obviously there's more to come, but when they cut old Pokemon to "improve animation quality" then that tail whip is ridiculous to some people indeed. When you improve something you usually improve things that are already there, not things that didn't exist previously. Pointing at bad animation when they sacrificed one of the series core features for said animation is completely valid.

Saying things like "the average person doesn't care about it" isn't an argument when the unaverage person used paid services to bring their old stuff over and now can't do that.

Last edited:

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
Yeah it's the same tailwhip animation since ages. Obviously there's more to come, but when they cut old Pokemon to "improve animation quality" then that tail whip is ridiculous to some people indeed. Pointing at bad animation when they sacrificed one of the series core future for many people for said animation is completely valid.
If I had a list of things to improve, tail whip wouldn't be at the end of it. It wouldn't be on it at all. I'm not going to entertain people being dishonest that tail whip was even a consideration. Instead I am going to laugh as the corgi shakes his way into my heart.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hey, I completely agree with the fact that we should get better animations and we have absolutely all the rights to be pissed about it. Actually, I think that a lot of people blindly defend this stupid decision just because the people that actually want the game to have good animations are being really rude sometimes. But even, there are a ton of people that want the game to be good and aren't harassing the devs.

However, I simply don't see how the tail whip animation could be improved. Animating all the tails of each single pokémon knowing the move would actually be madness, even with the cutting of some mons.
We had that thread a few days ago where the OP constantly conflated harmless hashtags with harassing devs. I'm aware of the instances where they got actually harassed and it sucks, but the vast amount of people just voice their opinions. Be it through dumb OoT tree comparisons or hashtags. Most of them aren't even attacking the devs themselves but the higher-ups who made the decision and used the animations as their reason for making it.

Well since they are cutting Pokemon the amount of Pokemon using Tail Whip should be decreased significantly no?

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If I had a list of things to improve, tail whip wouldn't be at the end of it. It wouldn't be on it at all. I'm not going to entertain people being dishonest that tail whip was even a consideration. Instead I am going to laugh as the corgi shakes his way into my heart.
It's an animation and they said they wanted to improve animations instead of bringing all Pokemon over. How is that being dishonest? What things on your hypothetical list for improvements have to do with their reasoning for cutting Pokemon? Genuinely curious.

Last edited:

Mashy

Oct 28, 2017
Love how people are so dismissive about things. I get you don't care about any issues some people have with the game, but there's no real need to get worked up over it. If you're obviously fine with the games why is there a need to get so worked up over the opinions of others that a dissatisfied with particular aspects?

Some people really just need to stop reading comments under tweets too lol.

Anyways, for me, if they are going to get rid of some Pokémon, then they should definitely look at making animations better for most skills. While tail whip isn't the top of my list, I wouldn't be shocked if it's a sign of things to come.

Yiazmat

Oct 25, 2017
I guess I'm not normal then, because to me it looks like a 3D model rotating 45 degrees back and forth with no movement or change in pose.
That's exactly what it is.

ToSl3GS.gif

Feb 20, 2019
We had that thread a few days ago where the OP constantly conflated harmless hashtags with harassing devs. I'm aware of the instances where they got actually harassed and it sucks, but the vast amount of people just voice their opinions. Be it through dumb OoT tree comparisons or hashtags. Most of them aren't even attacking the devs themselves but the higher-ups who made the decision and used the animations as their reason for making it.

Well since they are cutting Pokemon the amount of Pokemon using Tail Whip should be decreased significantly no?
Honestly, there might be a lot of cut pokémons but the number of dudes learning tail whip probably stays way too high: it's a very common move. And considering it's the type of move you delete when your pokémon is level 10, I really don't see this as an outrageous thing.

Feb 20, 2019
Although double kick is a much different situation. They could have easily made the attacker come near the opponent. It would've made the scene much more dynamic without that much effort.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Honestly, there might be a lot of cut pokémons but the number of dudes learning tail whip probably stays way too high: it's a very common move. And considering it's the type of move you delete when your pokémon is level 10, I really don't see this as an outrageous thing.
I don't either. Your reasoning makes sense, but I wouldn't bet on them actually improving lategame skills, either.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
It's an animation and they said they wanted to improve animations instead of bringing all Pokemon over. How is that being dishonest? What things on your hypothetical list for improvements have to do with their reasoning of cutting Pokemon? Genuinely curious.
It's dishonest because no one would assume when they were talking about creating quality animations, that they were talking about fucking tail whip. I also didn't say I had a list. I don't have the game yet so I don't know what I would improve.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
It's dishonest because no one would assume when they were talking about creating quality animations, that they were talking about fucking tail whip. I also didn't say I had a list. I don't have the game yet so I don't know what I would improve.
Tail Whip isn't the only thing people are mad about. I'm not even mad about it, I just think it's funny that they posted it, but everyone is all of a sudden acting like this is the ONLY thing anyone is complaining about and not the myriad of other animation issues and stuff like that.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
Tail Whip isn't the only thing people are mad about. I'm not even mad about it, I just think it's funny that they posted it, but everyone is all of a sudden acting like this is the ONLY thing anyone is complaining about and not the myriad of other animation issues and stuff like that.
I'm not pretending it's the only thing people are mad at. But being mad at it isn't worth entertaining seriously at all.

Apa504

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They took the most hated thing from their trailer and made a funny tweet about it, it makes sense to me. But heeey thanks for laughing at me

Yeah, how dare they to show a funny gif of a new Pokemon , GF is the worst.

well obviously they don't, but in theory they would and that's why people expect better

They dont what ?
I mean the cut half the Pokemon part, not going to entertain the other ridiculous part of the comment.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That's why I said hypothetical list. Why wouldn't they assume tail whip gets an upgrade in animations after years of staying the same, after they announced they will cut Pokemon to improve animations? Why is tail whip excempt? "Because it's tail whip" isn't an honest argument, either. It's an animation, it doesn't look good, so they could improve it. And it's not like it's just tail whip. From Wingull to double kick it's the same thing. So what animations are they improving?

It's not like the reaction to this gif happened in a vacuum. And again, why I originally quoted you was the "the average guy doesn't care". Which is still a nonsense argument, because those people weren't the ones Gamefreak was targeting with their paid service to store and transfer Pokemon that is now useless for a lot of these people. Emphasis on paid service.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2019
Yeah, how dare they to show a funny gif of a new Pokemon , GF is the worst.

They dont what ?
I mean the cut half the Pokemon part, not going to entertain the other ridiculous part of the comment.
I absolutely didn't say that GF is the worst for showing us a cute gif. Are you thinking that I'm some kind of villain? That tweet is pretty funny, however I have all the rights to believe that this might be a reference

Apa504

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I absolutely didn't say that GF is the worst for showing us a cute gif. Are you thinking that I'm some kind of villain? That tweet is pretty funny, however I have all the rights to believe that this might be a reference

If you say so.

ohhhh

it's called a figure of speech, I thought a literary scholar like you would have heard of it

Its called misinformation.
And I wish I was a literary scholar, I still get very nervous when I have to write or talk english, in fact sometimes I have to check on google translate to see if I expressed correctly.
Thank you though.

Jun 2, 2019
Even if this is really a reference/mocking/whatever from their part, they're in their right to do so.

A light jab in response to aaaaall that harassment.

And don't @ at me with answers by the style of "people are just protesting" because you guys know what I'm talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.