New Pokémon Sword & Shield Trailer (Gigantamaxing, new pokémon, version exclusive gym leaders and Pokémon)

Best gym leader

• #TeamBea - Sword Exclusive

• #TeamAllister - Shield Exclusive

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gengahrrr

Oct 25, 2017
The demo for Sun and Moon was released nearly a month before the full game, so if history repeats itself, we'll possibly know the entire dex at least a month before release.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure the entire dex for Sun and Moon leaked from a data mine of the demo.

So if for some reason we get a demo for SwoShi, we might know the entire dex a month out from release.

Edit: Sandfox already pointed this out
I'm not expecting a demo for this very reason. With Let's Go they waited until a few months after release to put a demo on the eshop.

--R

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, we're probably not getting a demo until after launch. I hope it's not like 6 months down the line like Let's Go.

Mario_Bones

Oct 31, 2017
Australia
I'd love a demo that let you do raids against a couple of Pokemon with friends and then transfer the Pokemon over to the full game

The raids are the feature I'm most curious about and would love to try them out before release

Feb 22, 2019
I don't think GF will be able to balance PvP even though a lot of Pokémon are gone since there will still probably be more than 200 fully evolved Pokémon. Good luck trying to make all of them useful. There will always be Pokémon that are better than the rest. If Landorus is gone, some other Pokémon might rise to the top and take its place.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think GF will be able to balance PvP even though a lot of Pokémon are gone since there will still probably be more than 200 fully evolved Pokémon. Good luck trying to make all of them useful. There will always be Pokémon that are better than the rest. If Landorus is gone, some other Pokémon might rise to the top and take its place.
the "they took out pokemon because balance" thing makes me laugh... they cant balance their way out of a paper sack, even with a cut roster.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I hope we do get a demo before release. And we get datamined content that reveals all Pokemon made it into these games and that this was just a poorly thought out publicity stunt to get these games talked about all over.

I know it's not true, just let me have this.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Given the number of Pokemon there are the game isn't in that bad of a place with balancing. Even Landorus isn't broken, it just has a high usage.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
I mean I'm not gonna get mad if Scor's another Fire/Fighting, to be honest I'm indifferent to the idea of another Fire/Fighting lol, but it would be awesome to see a less used typing for a final starter evo. That's why I would love Scorbunny's final evolution to be Fire/Electric.
The last 2 gens didn't even have fire/fighting starters (/psychic then /dark). you would think it had always been the case or something going by all the memes.

Smash community: offered the highest quality game Nintendo can offer

Pokemon community: Gamefreak
Smash has serious gameplay issues, especially in regards to online and the last piece of news was about the Ally controversy, and before that the whole Salem thing. You also had quite a few noteworthy players come out and say they prefer 4 so I dont think the image macro is apt at all.

ILikeFeet

Oct 25, 2017
I hope we do get a demo before release. And we get datamined content that reveals all Pokemon made it into these games and that this was just a poorly thought out publicity stunt to get these games talked about all over.

I know it's not true, just let me have this.
there's a rumor that the game has entries for all the pokemon, but if it's like Let's Go, there's nothing in there but dummy data

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
The last 2 gens didn't even have fire/fighting starters (/psychic then /dark). you would think it had always been the case or something going by all the memes.
Gen 3 to Gen 5 had Fire/Fighting but I quite liked using them! But I do want to see a typing that a fire starter hasn't used before for Scorbunny. That's why I'm really favoring Electric despite not having any hope that it will happen. I just like the idea lol.

steviejd1

Nov 8, 2017
That wont stop people from staying in there to remind anyone buying it that they are trash. I'd rather avoid that honestly.
Nah, I honestly believe the OT will be ok. I'm sure it will be quite heavily moderated if it gets out of hand as OT's are usually 'safe spaces' for people to discuss and get advice on a game.

The review thread will probably be a mess though, I'd certainly avoid that.

Delio

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, I honestly believe the OT will be ok. I'm sure it will be quite heavily moderated if it gets out of hand as OT's are usually 'safe spaces' for people to discuss and get advice on a game.

The review thread will probably be a mess though, I'd certainly avoid that.
Well hopefully. I just want a place I can trade and battle honestly. Yeah review thread will prob be a graveyard.

Garjon

Oct 27, 2017
Gen 3 to Gen 5 had Fire/Fighting but I quite liked using them! But I do want to see a typing that a fire starter hasn't used before for Scorbunny. That's why I'm really favoring Electric despite not having any hope that it will happen. I just like the idea lol.
If Scorbunny's final evo is just Fire it would only be the second pure Fire type final form of a starter, so I've no problem if they go with that this time

Apa504

Oct 25, 2017
Yet you're still posting in a thread about said Pokemon game. It really makes no sense...
They cant help themselves, and they will still buy it, its the same on twitter, people saying that they are gonna leave the Pokemon franchise but they still post the hastag and dont cancel preorders.
Its even more funny when people say that they are not gonna give money to GF, and instead are gonna play Pokemon Masters.

Lusamine

Oct 25, 2017
They cant help themselves, and they will still buy it, its the same on twitter, people saying that they are gonna leave the Pokemon franchise but they still post the hastag and dont cancel preorders.
Its even more funny when people say that they are not gonna give money to GF, and instead are gonna play Pokemon Masters.
People championing Masters just to masturbate on hating Gamefreak is too funny, especially how anti-lootbox/microtransaction this place is.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Cyber Sleuth is alright. I enjoyed the game for what it was, but It definitely isn't as good as Pokemon, especially when it comes to monster raising. I haven't played SMT, but that seems like a weird comparison to me.

People championing Masters just to masturbate on hating Gamefreak is too funny, especially how anti-lootbox/microtransaction this place is.
I'm curious to see what happens there because the game is very likely going to have super bad rates given the developers.

Delio

Oct 25, 2017
Typhlosion is fun but yeah I realize how weak it is just being monotyped. I'd rather Scorbunny have SOMETHING. Tho doesnt matter im doing Sobble this gen and I bet it will have a fun subtype.

Apa504

Oct 25, 2017
Haha yeah, you are not going to give 60 dollars to GF, but you are going to spend god knows how much on gacha... and your money still goes to GF. its so hilarious.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
The Fire/Fighting Meme never really made sense to me.

There have been 3 Fire/Fighting Starter lines, but there have also been 3 Pure Grass and 3 Pure Water Starter lines.

But i never saw anybody complaining that they will definitively make another pure Grass or Water line.

If anything, Fire has had it the best when it comes to types, with only one Generation having a full Single element line(that being gen 2, where every starters line is monotype),

Would people really have been happier if the Tepig line was pure fire, like the other starters there ?

NeonZ

Oct 28, 2017
The main issue isn't the typing, it's that's fire/fighting results in humanoid designs rather than various designs based on the starting animal. It's why Incineroar still gets complaints in spite of being dark/fire. If the leak is correct,
this starter likely will get the same complaints even though fire/fighting isn't its actual type.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
The main issue isn't the typing, it's that's fire/fighting results in humanoid designs rather than various designs based on the starting animal. It's why Incineroar still gets complaints in spite of being dark/fire. If the leak is correct,
this starter likely will get the same complaints even though fire/fighting isn't its actual type.
Hating on anthropomorphic designs makes even less sense to me than repeat typing. At that point its 100% just character design preference and quickly goes into "but Pokemon should be more like real animals" nonsense.

brinstar

Oct 25, 2017
There's not many pure Fire Pokemon to begin with, so if Scorbunny stays that way that's arguably more interesting to me lol

Gridlock

Oct 25, 2017
Unova
Either way its a strange notion to champion said game as this retroactive savior of monster battle games.

The comparisons just doesn’t work in my book so I ignore those comments as they’re meant to trigger and are not worth it.

I’ve never bother with Digimon

In Shin Megami Tensei series the demons plays crucial roles within the games that it’s not comparable to the Pokémon series.

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
If it looks like King Kazma, it's all forgiven.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I'm interested to see what direction they go when we eventually get the fire sheep and fire cow.

Maybe it's just me, but I think fans deserve to know how many Pokemon (and which ones) are going to be in the game before spending $60.
They never give us the full list prior to release.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I get it and if it turns out to be pure Fire Type I hope it’s hidden ability boosts Fighting type moves like Dehlmise got STAB Steel Type moves because of its ability.
I have the feeling that they are going to create a ability that increases the power of the attacks that involve kicks. Stomp, Blaze Kick, Mega Kick...

Status
Not open for further replies.