New Pokémon Sword & Shield Trailer (Gigantamaxing, new pokémon, version exclusive gym leaders and Pokémon)

Best gym leader

• #TeamBea - Sword Exclusive

• #TeamAllister - Shield Exclusive

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
There's not many pure Fire Pokemon to begin with, so if Scorbunny stays that way that's arguably more interesting to me lol
Exact opposite for me.
Anything is better than a Starter that stays pure one type.

I want my starter to be a viable member of my team through my journey, and a single type is just too restricting.

I think Gen 6 did it best, with the first 2 stages being single Type, but once you are later in the journey, your starter gets its full potential and maybe even gives a surprise if the typing was not obvious beforehand.

Oct 26, 2017
This video and the one he made recently about things from other RPGs he'd want added to Pokemon really resonate with me. There are a ton of places where I feel like Pokemon has fallen behind compared to other Nintendo games or video games in general. There aren't many meaningful side-quests, not a whole lot of side content or post game content as of late, and the characters are laughably flat when compared to other RPGs.
This is why my biggest issue with Game Freak is their design philosophy regarding the game itself, as well as the narrative, the gameplay mechanics, etc. We know Pokemon isn't simply played by young children, it's also played by teenagers, young adults, and adults (especially when you hear stories about parents playing Pokemon with their children). In fact, we see such varied demographics when people play Pokemon Go, and we will inevitably see the same varied demographics when Pokemon Masters is released. So why Game Freak pretends like only children play their games is rather strange (I will admit, there was an improvement with SM and USUM, but then took a step backwards with Let's Go, and the jury's still out on what Sword and Shield will be. The last time I felt so overwhelmingly positive about the game and its components was in Gen V).

The most common example I see is a company like Pixar. They make movies that most people will say is for children, but often times, they have so much depth to them that people of all ages will find enjoyment in watching. It's why I hate the argument that "well maybe you outgrew Pokemon", because it's a huge missed opportunity that Pokemon Go marketed around nostalgia and bringing people back into the series. But if all you're doing is centering your gameplay only on what kids would enjoy, then it's no wonder that people on other demographic segments end up ignoring the series and moving on to other things.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
why keep it secret except to stop articles about what pokemon are gatekept from being in the game?
Because GF never wants to spoil the Pokedex. They do it with every single Pokemon game and I doubt they are concerned about articles telling people which Pokemon are in the games. If stuff like that bothered them they would've backtracked a long time ago or released a different statement than the one we got.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
why keep it secret except to stop articles about what pokemon are gatekept from being in the game?
I don't think "keeping it secret" will be their goal, but they simply have never revealed that kind of info about any game, I mean, the regional Pokédex.

I don't see why they'd treat these entries differently, and I would find actually pretty surprising, and quite ridiculous if they post, "here they are the 500 Pokémon we're including." I doubt they want to sell their games under that tone.

If anyone wants to make sure which Pokémon are in before buying, because no trailer and no info revealed is enough to convince them, then they should wait until after the release and check the official site, or wait around a month for the official strategy guide and see the list of Pokémon (if they live under a rock and don't pay attention to dataminers or fansites reporting the leaks).

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
What I'm getting from this thread is that we need a SMT and Pokémon crossover game ASAP

Pokémon with press turn would be pretty fun tbh

ILikeFeet

Oct 25, 2017
What I'm getting from this thread is that we need a SMT and Pokémon crossover game ASAP

Pokémon with press turn would be pretty fun tbh

there's several more here, including a continuation of the second one

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
Post apocalyptic Pokemon would probably look like Colosseum, with its many shades of brown.
I actually always found Orre to be an interesting Pokémon region. There's hover bikes, cool glasses, Pokémon underground fighting. It's all pretty different from mainline games. Very sci-fi.

It doesn't even really look all that bad in 4K tbh. The human models are a whole nother story though lol

Status
Not open for further replies.