• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Best gym leader

• #TeamBea - Sword Exclusive

• #TeamAllister - Shield Exclusive

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And I wish I was a literary scholar, I still get very nervous when I have to write or talk english, in fact sometimes I have to check on google translate to see if I expressed correctly.
Thank you though.
you should keep working on it before you start criticizing others for poor reading comprehension

riq

Feb 21, 2019
I don't know, I kept saying how much I love the new pokémon designs earlier in the thread, and I plan on buying Sword. But I still have the rights to believe in something, right?
People are so defensive of GF that even entertaining the thought of the person running the account just having fun and laughing at the backlash a bit is straight up "lazy devs rhet" and "typical gamer trash", even if you don't support the backlash yourself.

Yep

Dec 14, 2017
I May be wrong but when have they said the reason was that they modify existing animations? If i remember well the quote if that they want to make better animations, so as long as we have new animations for existing pokemon they wouldn't be lying, and we are really far to have seen more than 10% of the animations of any single pokemon seen

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
because you cut half the Pokémon for this reason and you have pride in your work
There are 90 Pokemon that can know tail whip. Let's say exactly half of those got cut, that's still 45 unique animations they need to make plus however many new Pokemon can learn it in gen 8. For an utterly useless move. Now let's look at just one other move that most people would probably agree has a shitty animation, Body Slam. You can see Sun and Moon's version of it here at 13:38 and it'll probably be pretty similar in SS. That's a move that can be learned by damn near every Pokemon in the first three gens because of a move tutor in Emerald, plus a handful of later gen Pokemon. That's hundreds. If they wanted to update the animation to something that looked nice and unique for everyone, it would require hundreds of unique animations for a single move, even cutting 50% of the Pokemon. In a series that's approaching 800 moves. Trust me, I understand the frustration with Pokemon's lack of ambition, but some things are simply not feasible and their effort would be better directed elsewhere.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
Even if this is really a reference/mocking/whatever from their part, they're in their right to do so.

A light jab in response to aaaaall that harassment.

And don't @ at me with answers by the style of "people are just protesting" because you guys know what I'm talking about.
I mean, aside from the false Masuda sexual assault stuff (which is absolutely horrible, by the way, not defending it in the slightest) people are horrible on both sides of this at this point, not so much on here but on Twitter. My girlfriend yesterday got called a landwhale and SJW trash and whatever else goes along with that for being upset about some of the character and Pokemon designs on Twitter. Tons of people calling each other corporate dicksuckers or babies or whatever. It's not just people upset about the national dex, Twitter's a fucking warzone about this lmao

Oct 25, 2017
Why do y'all go back and forth with the same 5 ppl that don't care about? Complain about what you wanna complain about and keep going. If they don't care what happens to the series that's cool too. Seeing the same arguments back and forth every thread is wild. You don't care about any changes then don't bother the ones that do simple

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Stealth Rocks is OP now? If you say that to people who seriously play a format that uses SR they'll either laugh or tell you why you're wrong lol.

Also, I don't see how you can call something unbalanced when you know nothing about the power of the move or Pokemon.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
they were. they said it was because they had to bring all of the Pokémon onto the new hardware when they just copy-pasted. balance was brought up as well.

They mentionned explicitely animations and balance. They didnt say a word about models, you are extrapolating.

You mean the balance like slapping stealth rocks, an already op as fuck move, on a damaging move? That balance?
This is what they said.

We'll see how the meta will evolve once the games is out but anyone trying to guess whether the games are going to be more balanced than before is speaking too soon.

Feb 20, 2019
Why do y'all go back and forth with the same 5 ppl that don't care about? Complain about what you wanna complain about and keep going. If they don't care what happens to the series that's cool too. Seeing the same arguments back and forth every thread is wild. You don't care about any changes then don't bother the ones that do simple
Ye, just ignore them

You can laugh at the sparky doggo gif while ignoring the disappointed guys

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
watch gamefreak introduce a decent damage-dealing defog for normal mons with widespread coverage

BUT MUH NO BALANCE

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
So everyone that's commenting "that's just tail whip! Everyone deletes it!" will surely criticize the game if endgame moves' animations are also terrible, right?

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I do not understand what you see so unbalanced of that Stealth Rock of gigantamax. You will dedicate your only dynamax to a movement that a lot of Pokémon can count on with a simple rapid spin.

And then your opponent has a dynamax that he can use at will against you.

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I don't think they're much inferior if they've got good stat spreads. Mono type Pokémon definitely can be and are good. it's just lame for the starters to be monotype lol
Depends on the type, as currently there doesn't exist any good mono ice type pokemon. None that I would classify good in competitive play. same goes for mono bug type pokemon.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I can so much see the thing being thrash tier thanks to lame base stats and the fact that you can't dynamax first turn making it a bad suicide lead
Damaging SR on a dynamax Pokemon honestly isn't all that much better than regular SR. It seems like it would be a waste of a slot.

I do not understand what you see so unbalanced of that Stealth Rock of gigantamax. You will dedicate your only dynamax to a movement that a lot of Pokémon can count on with a simple rapid spin.

And then your opponent has a dynamax that he can use at will against you.
This. Apparently it's broken though.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can so much see the thing being thrash tier thanks to lame base stats and the fact that you can't dynamax first turn making it a bad suicide lead

Unless he has a surprise evolution, he's guaranteed to not be a very useful pokémon in comp' yeah

and yet he's somehow an argument that balance isn't a focus in those games

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
An ice-cream turning into an ice-cream cake just shows what the superior dessert is. Thank you Gamefreak for ensuring all know.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Because their circlejerk of laughing at and getting angry at people that care or trying to one-up themsleves in who cares less in an attempt to feel above people that do and paint them in a toxic light is kind of annoying to read. They should make a dm group or something.
wow i cant believe you guys all already predicted how drednaw is going to be an uber pokémon six months before launch
Packing Stealth Rocks on a damaging move is just a dumb idea. People played against and with Stealth Rocks for way too long to not be aware of that.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Exactly. Just forget about them. Like Toei did with Goten. :D

Jbone115

Oct 25, 2017
Stealth Rocks isn't even a good move in the "official" VGC meta, why would Gamefreak care about balancing Smogon's version?

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Packing Stealth Rocks on a damaging move is just a dumb idea. People played against and with Stealth Rocks for way too long to not be aware of that.
Given the limitations/commitments of dynamax and the fact that we don't even know the power of the move or the Pokemon I don't really see how you can say this.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Because their circlejerk of laughing at and getting angry at people that care or trying to one-up themsleves in who cares less in an attempt to feel above people that do and paint them in a toxic light is kind of annoying to read. They should make a dm group or something.

But this is not just "damaging stealth rock" this is shouting from the rooftops "EH GUYS, I'M GOING TO USE STEALTH ROCK CONCRETLY WITH THIS POKEMON DURING THIS PARTICULAR TURN".

Yep

Dec 14, 2017
I don't really see which advantage this attack is giving over just putting SR with tyranitar first turn and not wasting my only dynamax on such a shitty double typing

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Okay you are annoying me.

I presented facts when people had the courtesy of asking but I see know that they don't care.

Thanks Wamb0wneD for calling me a jerk I guess while ignoring my answer, at least you are saving my time now.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
well they did stealth rock but better, so rapid spin but better

but I guess that's the G-Max wind move

of course, GF doesn't care too much since defog is everywhere (and the preferred option) and nobody uses sneaky pebbles in doubles
Defog on it's own will more than likely be the way better option.

The new move locks you into using a specific Pokemon that we know little about as your defogger and dynamax slot.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

what happened to "let people voice their opinion" ? does it only work one way (yours) ?

Apa504

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

So now we are Jerks and shouldnt post here.
Lovely fanbase.

Omegamon

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So we all can agree that Giga Sword and Giga Shield will have exclusive Gigantamaxing Pokémon that you cannot use in the base games even if patching games is a thing that exist.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Given the limitations/commitments of dynamax and the fact that we don't even know the power of the move or the Pokemon I don't really see how you can say this.
Is it confirmed that it's the only Pokemon to learn that skill? I kind of doubt that, but maybe I'm wrong there. Saying Rapid Spin counters Stealth Rocks doesn't say much, because that has always been the case and yet Stealth Rocks still got played for good reason.
But this is not just "damaging stealth rock" this is shouting from the rooftops "EH GUYS, I'M GOING TO USE STEALTH ROCK CONCRETLY WITH THIS POKEMON DURING THIS PARTICULAR TURN".
If it's truly just that Pokemon then it's getting more predictable for sure, but you can't be sure when they'll use it. Maybe my assesment of "giving an already borderline broken move a damage portion is just not a good idea" is wrong, sure. We will see when the game comes out. I still think cutting Pokemon to be able to balance more is weird when you bring in moves like this. But what do I know, I'm not a dev. Only got fucked by stealth rocks too often in my life. maybe it's the saltiness speaking.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really see which advantage this attack is giving over just putting SR with tyranitar first turn and not wasting my only dynamax on such a shitty double typing
some other g-max pokemon might have the move. but honestly, rain is more beneficial over rocks anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.