• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Best gym leader

• #TeamBea - Sword Exclusive

• #TeamAllister - Shield Exclusive

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So now we are Jerks and shouldnt post here.
Lovely fanbase.
I never called you a jerk and I never said you shouldn't post here. All I said was that I found that particular behaviour annoying, but keep putting words in my mouth. It's interesting to see that you identify with that behaviour though.
Lovely fanbase.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
I never called you a jerk and I never said you shouldn't post here. All I said was that I found that particular behaviour annoying, but keep putting words in my mouth. It's interesting to see that you identify with that behaviour though.
Lovely fanbase.
I think some people don't know what circlejerk means. <_<

Apa504

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I never called you a jerk and I never said you shouldn't post here. All I said was that I found that particular behaviour annoying, but keep putting words in my mouth. It's interesting to see you identify with that behaviour though.
Lovely fanbase.

Yeah, because you clearly were not calling out the people that are disagreeing with you.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Okay you are annoying me.

I presented facts when people had the courtesy of asking but I see know that they don't care.

Thanks Wamb0wneD for calling me a jerk I guess while ignoring my answer, at least you are saving my time now.
I never called you a Jerk, and my notifications are kind of steadily notifying me right now, so I missed your response. But sure, glad I saved you some time then, since you probably won't even be able to read this answer anymore. Completely missreading someone's post by mistaking circlejerk for getting called a jerk and then immediately putting someone on your ignorelist has to be some new record of misguided discussion. Like god damn.
I think some people don't know what circlejerk means. <_<
Either that or they just read what they want to read. Two people in 5 minutes not knowing what a circlejerk is, on an online forum, is a bit much.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
I don't agree that it's a circlejerk, but people are a bit quick to get mad about the people criticizing the whole thing and act like everyone who's criticizing the games are similar to the people who have actually harassed and spread false allegations.
Like I've said, myself and my girlfriend have definitely faced our fair share of insults for sharing the fact we're disappointed on Twitter, without even posting the hashtag or anything like that. I'm not going to act like everyone defending the game is that kind of person, though.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Can this thread go back to discussing actual new stuff instead of pointless back and forth about the same old stupid arguments? Thanks

Scarlet Spider

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
That's exactly what it is.

ToSl3GS.gif

I can't get angry at this. I can only grow more disappointed in Gamefreak. I just ignore people who whine about complainers anyways.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Huh, so there's actually is a counter protest wishing for the national pokedex to not come back, and it even has its own hashtag. Its kinda sad that people find joy that other people's favorite are excluded from this game.
it's not that they get joy from the cuts, it's that they've gone completely nutso bananas overboard in defending gamefreak at all costs.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, because you clearly were not calling out the people that are disagreeing with you.
No, I called out people in here patting each other on their shoulders for how much they don't care about things and calling simple hashtags insults and harassment. We can disagree all we want, that's part of a discussion forum. It's more about how we treat each other, and I don't like people making up reasons to dismiss other people's more or less valid concerns.
Not everyone is a native english-speaker so they may not have come across the term. Either way it was a dumb word to use and his whole post was antagonistic.
I guess pointing out they are antagonizing everyone they disagree with can be seen as antagonistic. Wasn't really intended as such, and definetly not in the fashion they took it. Because I most certainly didn't insult anyone or told anyone they can't post here.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
what happened to "let people voice their opinion" ? does it only work one way (yours) ?
One opinion is spamming dumb hashtags and tree memes on twitter to voice their disappointment and the other is trying their best to dismiss these people by making fun of and antagonizing them. It's wild to me that the opinion that's involving spamming dumb shit on twitter looks to be the more reasonable one to me.

And yes, I'm aware of the actual harassment going on. That's something you sadly have in any larger fanbase. It sucks, but these assholes shouldn't be used as ammunition against everyone you disagree with. Not saying you in particular did that, just people that share your opinion.

Let's leave it at that though, it really seems like this whole thing derailed the thread.

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
Back on topic, the trailer seems to subtly reveal a few things about the path of progression. It seems we get introduced to the Gym challenge in the large, steampunk city as the cutscenes with Chairman Rose appear to take place in the stadium there. The billboards and colour scheme are very generic inside the stadium itself so it will be interesting to see how this stadium is involved in the Gym challenge itself. Also seems to be confirmation that the Pokemon League takes place in the flower like stadium based on Wembley located in the northern-most city as the distinctive roof be seen in the cutscene of the player entering the stadium alongside the other challengers.

Pekola

Oct 27, 2017
Would be nice if members would stop peddling in slander or hearsay.

I don't really trust translations 100% because they're not literal (and they shouldn't be). But I don't think USGamer imagined the fanbase would become this agitated over an interview.

Here's the excerpt:
Junichi Masuda, Producer: There are a couple of different parts to the thinking behind it, but really the biggest reason for it is just the sheer number of Pokemon. We already have well over 800 Pokemon species, and there's going to be more added in these games. And now that they're on the Nintendo Switch, we're creating it with much higher fidelity with higher quality animations. But even more than that, it's coming down to the battle system. We're making sure we can keep everything balanced and give all the Pokemon that appear in the games a chance to shine.

We knew at some point we weren't going to be able to indefinitely keep supporting all of the Pokemon, and we just found that Sword and Shield would probably be a good point to go back and reevaluate what would be the best selection of Pokemon that appeal to the widest audience while keeping into consideration the balance of the battle system. It isn't just going to be all-new Pokemon in the Galar region Pokedex; there's still going to be a lot of favorites that fans will be able to bring over that they've adventured with previously. But yeah, it was pretty much just balancing and getting this optimal selection of Pokemon for the adventure we wanted to provide.

Note that he never said "we're gonna redo all the animations" because that would have been a ridiculous undertaking.

He could also be talking about trainer animations, attack animations and/or additional Pokémon animations. More specifically (from the wording on the article) it sounds like he's talking about the -new- animations they're making on Switch hardware that allow for flashier attacks.
(Electivirer pls make more cool gifs)
Pa8GyJUy.gif

On to the point of balance. Balance can exist even with all these extremely powerful moves. So me or anyone arguing "omg an attack that sets stealth rocks!? That's broken!" doesn't really hold water if say, every other Pokémon can also pull off those kinds of moves (which is the case, thanks to Dynamax).

But I know me saying this is kinda pointless. A lot of the arguments are just an emotional response where people are being intentionally misleading to prove a point.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
I hope it's both an elephant and a teapot.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
Would be nice if members would stop peddling in slander or hearsay.

I don't really trust translations 100% because they're not literal (and they shouldn't be). But I don't think USGamer imagined the fanbase would become this agitated over an interview.

Here's the excerpt:

Note that he never said "we're gonna redo all the animations" because that would have been a ridiculous undertaking.

He could also be talking about trainer animations, attack animations and/or additional Pokémon animations. More specifically (from the wording on the article) it sounds like he's talking about the -new- animations they're making on Switch hardware that allow for flashier attacks.
(Electivirer pls make more cool gifs)
Pa8GyJUy.gif

On to the point of balance. Balance can exist even with all these extremely powerful moves. So me or anyone arguing "omg an attack that sets stealth rocks!? That's broken!" doesn't really hold water if say, every other Pokémon can also pull off those kinds of moves (which is the case, thanks to Dynamax).

But I know me saying this is kinda pointless. A lot of the arguments are just an emotional response where people are being intentionally misleading to prove a point.
It's hard to imagine that some are getting so emotional over tail whip, but it's also good comedy.

Kirbivore

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Re: Tail Whip

Doing an overview and tail whip is definitely a move that hasnt changed too much per generation. There may be sound effects differences, but other than that, it basically changes like every 2 gens.

The Gen 7 tail whip is different from Gen 6 though. While his body rotates here, and does not shake the model side to side like in Gen 7 and Gen 8.

Verdict: If you want to point out bad animation, unfortunately, Tail Whip ain't your guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.