• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Best gym leader

• #TeamBea - Sword Exclusive

• #TeamAllister - Shield Exclusive

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Delio

Oct 25, 2017
Typhlosion is fun but yeah I realize how weak it is just being monotyped. I'd rather Scorbunny have SOMETHING. Tho doesnt matter im doing Sobble this gen and I bet it will have a fun subtype.

Apa504

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People championing Masters just to masturbate on hating Gamefreak is too funny, especially how anti-lootbox/microtransaction this place is.

Haha yeah, you are not going to give 60 dollars to GF, but you are going to spend god knows how much on gacha... and your money still goes to GF. its so hilarious.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
I'm imagining a dolphin based on pink river dolphins. Psychic/water, and more on the "senses and affects emotions" end of psychic because I'm hack, and went with a pink heart theme:
nrGQOvy.png
Brace for a literal bottle shaped like a dolphin. His nose is a bottle cap. That bottle nosed dolphin.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
The last 2 gens didn't even have fire/fighting starters (/psychic then /dark). you would think it had always been the case or something going by all the memes.

The Fire/Fighting Meme never really made sense to me.

There have been 3 Fire/Fighting Starter lines, but there have also been 3 Pure Grass and 3 Pure Water Starter lines.

But i never saw anybody complaining that they will definitively make another pure Grass or Water line.

If anything, Fire has had it the best when it comes to types, with only one Generation having a full Single element line(that being gen 2, where every starters line is monotype),

Would people really have been happier if the Tepig line was pure fire, like the other starters there ?

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
The main issue isn't the typing, it's that's fire/fighting results in humanoid designs rather than various designs based on the starting animal. It's why Incineroar still gets complaints in spite of being dark/fire. If the leak is correct,
this starter likely will get the same complaints even though fire/fighting isn't its actual type.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
The main issue isn't the typing, it's that's fire/fighting results in humanoid designs rather than various designs based on the starting animal. It's why Incineroar still gets complaints in spite of being dark/fire. If the leak is correct,
this starter likely will get the same complaints even though fire/fighting isn't its actual type.

Hating on anthropomorphic designs makes even less sense to me than repeat typing. At that point its 100% just character design preference and quickly goes into "but Pokemon should be more like real animals" nonsense.

brinstar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's not many pure Fire Pokemon to begin with, so if Scorbunny stays that way that's arguably more interesting to me lol

Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Either way its a strange notion to champion said game as this retroactive savior of monster battle games.

The comparisons just doesn't work in my book so I ignore those comments as they're meant to trigger and are not worth it.

I've never bother with Digimon

In Shin Megami Tensei series the demons plays crucial roles within the games that it's not comparable to the Pokémon series.

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
If it looks like King Kazma, it's all forgiven.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I'm interested to see what direction they go when we eventually get the fire sheep and fire cow.

Maybe it's just me, but I think fans deserve to know how many Pokemon (and which ones) are going to be in the game before spending $60.
They never give us the full list prior to release.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I get it and if it turns out to be pure Fire Type I hope it's hidden ability boosts Fighting type moves like Dehlmise got STAB Steel Type moves because of its ability.
I have the feeling that they are going to create a ability that increases the power of the attacks that involve kicks. Stomp, Blaze Kick, Mega Kick...

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
There's not many pure Fire Pokemon to begin with, so if Scorbunny stays that way that's arguably more interesting to me lol

Exact opposite for me.
Anything is better than a Starter that stays pure one type.

I want my starter to be a viable member of my team through my journey, and a single type is just too restricting.

I think Gen 6 did it best, with the first 2 stages being single Type, but once you are later in the journey, your starter gets its full potential and maybe even gives a surprise if the typing was not obvious beforehand.

Oct 26, 2017
This video and the one he made recently about things from other RPGs he'd want added to Pokemon really resonate with me. There are a ton of places where I feel like Pokemon has fallen behind compared to other Nintendo games or video games in general. There aren't many meaningful side-quests, not a whole lot of side content or post game content as of late, and the characters are laughably flat when compared to other RPGs.

This is why my biggest issue with Game Freak is their design philosophy regarding the game itself, as well as the narrative, the gameplay mechanics, etc. We know Pokemon isn't simply played by young children, it's also played by teenagers, young adults, and adults (especially when you hear stories about parents playing Pokemon with their children). In fact, we see such varied demographics when people play Pokemon Go, and we will inevitably see the same varied demographics when Pokemon Masters is released. So why Game Freak pretends like only children play their games is rather strange (I will admit, there was an improvement with SM and USUM, but then took a step backwards with Let's Go, and the jury's still out on what Sword and Shield will be. The last time I felt so overwhelmingly positive about the game and its components was in Gen V).

The most common example I see is a company like Pixar. They make movies that most people will say is for children, but often times, they have so much depth to them that people of all ages will find enjoyment in watching. It's why I hate the argument that "well maybe you outgrew Pokemon", because it's a huge missed opportunity that Pokemon Go marketed around nostalgia and bringing people back into the series. But if all you're doing is centering your gameplay only on what kids would enjoy, then it's no wonder that people on other demographic segments end up ignoring the series and moving on to other things.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
why keep it secret except to stop articles about what pokemon are gatekept from being in the game?
Because GF never wants to spoil the Pokedex. They do it with every single Pokemon game and I doubt they are concerned about articles telling people which Pokemon are in the games. If stuff like that bothered them they would've backtracked a long time ago or released a different statement than the one we got.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
why keep it secret except to stop articles about what pokemon are gatekept from being in the game?

I don't think "keeping it secret" will be their goal, but they simply have never revealed that kind of info about any game, I mean, the regional Pokédex.

I don't see why they'd treat these entries differently, and I would find actually pretty surprising, and quite ridiculous if they post, "here they are the 500 Pokémon we're including." I doubt they want to sell their games under that tone.

If anyone wants to make sure which Pokémon are in before buying, because no trailer and no info revealed is enough to convince them, then they should wait until after the release and check the official site, or wait around a month for the official strategy guide and see the list of Pokémon (if they live under a rock and don't pay attention to dataminers or fansites reporting the leaks).

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
What I'm getting from this thread is that we need a SMT and Pokémon crossover game ASAP

Pokémon with press turn would be pretty fun tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.