• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Best gym leader

• #TeamBea - Sword Exclusive

• #TeamAllister - Shield Exclusive

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone talking about Mawile and Ferrothorn but ignoring my boy Lapras is in smh

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Dang it. Mawile is in, but they dont have their awesome Mega counterpart.

Character designs are on freaking point though. Game Freak never disappoints me with those.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I thought Steel Fairy was good a bufd regardless?
It's stats are still pretty shit though. I'd be nice if they buffed its stats a bit and gave it Huge Power as it's regular or hidden ability to make it closer to Mega Mawhile in terms of how good it was, but I'd never expect GF to do that.

killertofu

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Didn't we just get a new trailer a few days ago? Do you guys think this is damage control or am I just overthinking it?
Comments on the video are disabled too

Soran

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep. I basically gave a historical thing about Wingull flying to counter the t-posing claim and got slammed to hell because it didn't mesh with their narrative.

I would point out the stuff about the mobile knock off, but when I did to a youtuber on Twitter who was pushing the same BS, once again I got slammed.
What historical thing? The one about the pokedex entry?

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
They've recovered from the brink of extinction, Lapras will not have humans exploit it anymore.

R/B: A POKéMON that has been overhunted almost to extinction. It can ferry people across the water
FR/LG: Its high intelligence enables it to understand human speech. It likes to ferry people on its back.

I feel like they backpedaled a bit there

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I don't miss HMs at all, but it would be awesome if we could do things with our Pokemon like fishing in deeper waters with a Lapras.

Is it needed? Probs not. But I want it lol.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
So...does that confimed Pokemon chart need to be updated? I saw Ferrethorn and some others in that new commercial.

Alexhex

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Base Mawile stats are so terrible it doesn't really matter it's typing tbh. It's highest stat is 85. Both Atk and Def.

(For reference, Mega Mawile got 105 Atk/125 Defense and Huge Power)
I could see mawile getting a stat bump now that its mega is gone. S/M saw a lot of stat changes for once and I expect even more rebalancing with this game all things considered

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
I could see mawile getting a stat bump now that its mega is gone. S/M saw a lot of stat changes for once and I expect even more rebalancing with this game all things considered
And lower them again in the next game with megas? I guess there's nothing stopping them from flip flopping like that, but it seems pretty unlikely.

Alexhex

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
And lower them again in the next game with megas? I guess there's nothing stopping them from flip flopping like that, but it seems pretty unlikely.
Is there a reason to believe mega would be coming back?
If it is like past gens, not even a +10 boost in one stat will be enough to save it.
Didn't some Pokémon get more than that in each stat? Not that it would do much for her either way lol

Like super big stat bumps would be fun but I wonder if Pokémon lose a part of what makes them unique if you do that, in a way? Like you shouldn't increase beedrill's stats to make it more comprable to his mega form

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Didn't some Pokémon get more than that in each stat? Not that it would do much for her either way lol
Lookin back, you are correct. I was thinking about XY when making my sentence, and Sun and XY actually brought sizable changes to a dozen pokemon, with some of them getting a boost on two stats.Though I don't know if even a +30 boost will be enough to save mawile.

Absent Breeze

Oct 25, 2017
Its basically a circlejerk, its impossible to say anything positive there without getting flooded with downvotes. there isn't even a single counterargument to the stupid chinese animation video posted there in the comments, and if there was it most likely wouldn't be visible because of downvotes

That's not entirely true, This is one of the higher upvotes comments In that very thread.

What really blows my mind is that they really used to be just a casual safe space. Criticism wasn't very common, mostly art, fluff and "look what I've found!" posts.
It really feels like this whole situation was a pressure chamber just waiting to pop. I remember looking for decently large vids/forums/groups that were a bit more critical of the games, and there almost were none (at least compared to the levels that other series get.) Even last year with the announcement of LGPE reddit was overall positive, I almost never saw a critical post reach the front page the entire time I'd been there. But now that GF has opened themselves up to critique it's like 20 years of it has started all flowing out at once. I said it before but it's pretty nuts that about half the top post from all time on r/pokemon has come from this controversy, and that it may not be as small of a group upset as some people seem to think.

Status
Not open for further replies.