• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Best gym leader

• #TeamBea - Sword Exclusive

• #TeamAllister - Shield Exclusive

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking forward to the story trailer. A trailer that focuses on the bad guys and whats really going on.
Leaks aside
Leaks say there is an enemy gang that are just fans of one of your rivals, but I think it'll be a Skull situation were they aren't actually the villains.
My money is 100% on Rose and Oleana being the villains. My guess is that they are using the energy released by the Pokemon battles in the gyms and championship to fuel something, maybe
the evil Legendary mentioned in the leak.

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
Leaks aside
Leaks say there is an enemy gang that are just fans of one of your rivals, but I think it'll be a Skull situation were they aren't actually the villains.
My money is 100% on Rose and Oleana being the villains. My guess is that they are using the energy released by the Pokemon battles in the gyms and championship to fuel something, maybe
the evil Legendary mentioned in the leak.

You gotta gather the 7 Dragonballs to summon Shenron to push me to click on a leak spoiler lol

CatDoggo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus Christ its just a video game...people really need to just move on and realize irs not that serious

It was literally just one person on twitter being an idiot.

Goddammit, I really don't want to jump back into this mess again, but here I go anyway. This is exactly what some of the people in this thread meant when they said Serebii is being irresponsible by equating one tweet to being a bunch of people in an effort to discredit 'the other side' or whatever. Right away we've got people taking his word as fact and now they think there's a big group putting together something as stupid as a lawsuit over this.

Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The very term "vote with your wallet" implies a gesture or action . You don't like what there doing so you "vote no" by not buying it.

Which is pointless when you already know the "yes" votes already outnumber you so much that GF can easily ignore whatever complaints you have without issue.

So yeah I keep my money but I guess I'll never enjoy pokemon again. Being vocal on the internet may not do much but it's pretty much the only chance people like me have at GF actually hearing what we have to say, however little chance that is.

Please tell me where I "charged" against Serebii exactly? All I did was back up someone else when they pointed out it was a little disingenuous to act like the "fans trying to sue" was any sort of large amount instead of one weirdo.

Or are we just not allowed to say anything if you're pro-GF? I don't condone anyone harassing them but I don't see why we can't take issue with things they say still.

You don't "vote" to win. You "vote" to take a personal stance and send a message. Sometimes what you "vote" for pays off, most of the time it doesn't.

Voting with your wallet isn't a competition, it's personally supporting or not supporting a company whether you agree with their business decisions or not.

As for Serebii, how many times does he have to say he doesn't agree or like what Game Freak decided to do with SwSh and he's using his position to send constructive feedback to Game Freak or a contact at Game Freak. Some people in this bullshit ass fan base tends to says or claim dumb shit and he corrects them and he ends up being insulted in return. I've seen that in this thread and on Twitter. I've seen a lot of nasty shit directed at Masuda and Game Freak on Twitter also. If Joe says he saw someone trying to gather a group/petition to sue Game Freak if the models aren't new I believe it just because there was already worse BS.

You want to vent and criticize Game Freak, feel free. I really don't care. Just don't act like there aren't shit bags who like to act stupid towards Game Freak across other platforms.

Soran

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We already know Joe actions in this forum are never gonna have repercussions so just don't bother. A thread got shut down because he got proved wrong, that should said everything about this site bias.

Deleted member 2340

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Goddammit, I really don't want to jump back into this mess again, but here I go anyway. This is exactly what some of the people in this thread meant when they said Serebii is being irresponsible by equating one tweet to being a bunch of people in an effort to discredit 'the other side' or whatever. Right away we've got people taking his word as fact and now they think there's a big group putting together something as stupid as a lawsuit over this.

The only problem I have with your post is that you don't seem to understand is that Stupid is contagious. Remember that bullshit Nintendo Soup article claiming someone accuse Masuda of rape? These dumb fucks are throwing shit against the wall to see what sticks.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As for Serebii, how many times does he have to say he doesn't agree or like what Game Freak decided to do with SwSh and he's using his position to send constructive feedback to Game Freak or a contact at Game Freak. Some people in this bullshit ass fan base tends to says or claim dumb shit and he corrects them and he ends up being insulted in return. I've seen that in this thread and on Twitter. I've seen a lot of nasty shit directed at Masuda and Game Freak on Twitter also. If Joe says he saw someone trying to gather a group/petition to sue Game Freak if the models aren't new I believe it just because there was already worse BS.

You want to vent and criticize Game Freak, feel free. I really don't care. Just don't act like there aren't shit bags who like to act stupid towards Game Freak across other platforms.
That wasn't what happened though. He made it sound like it was some large amount of people in a 'man this fandom i so toxic" example and someone called them out for making it sound bigger then it was.

There was no harassment in this instance. Yet you still have people in this thread acting like that was somehow out of line. Yes there are absolutely assholes harassing people online and they can fuck off but that wasn't what this conversation was about.

You don't "vote" to win. You "vote" to take a personal stance and send a message. Sometimes what you "vote" for pays off, most of the time it doesn't.

Voting with your wallet isn't a competition, it's personally supporting or not supporting a company whether you agree with their business decisions or not.

It's not about wining it's about hoping your message is received which will never happen with pokemon. Hence why I said telling someone to vote with their wallet is a meaningless gesture. It's one step away from just telling people to "shut up and stop complaining."

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019

I admit my comment was too reactionary. Its just I personally have experienced being attacked for either trying to explain the situation or being excited for the game.

And I've seen it happen to others. I know not everyone who is unhappy with the decision is like that but you'd think the fanbase is the worse if you were an outsider looking at all the comments and responses to SwSh. There are a few good forums like this one to discuss SwSh without shit getting outta hand but elsewhere, its chaos

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
The only problem I have with your post is that you don't seem to understand is the Stupid is contagious. Remember that bullshit Nintendo Soup article claiming someone accuse Masuda of rape? These dumb fucks are throwing shit against the wall to see what sticks.
That was also just one person though. Someone who made a new Twitter account, made that the only post on it, and then everyone and their mother on both sides of this argument immediately dismissed it as fake. Is it a horrible thing to do? Yes. Should it be defended? Fuck no. Is it indicative of EVERYONE on one side of this argument? Of course not.

Same thing with this "petition" for a lawsuit, the one with one signature, and the guy on Twitter who talked about a lawsuit, not even trying to rally anyone. Everyone called this person stupid, he got TEN retweets, less than 100 likes, and he has ~350 followers. That tweet most likely only reached a couple hundred people at most and MOST people in the comments are calling him stupid, the ones agreeing with him are getting ratio'd hard. It's literally a nothing story, but because of the way it was framed, people in this thread immediately jumped to "this fanbase is fucking awful" and stuff like that. There's already enough bad stuff happening in regards to this without trying to manufacture a story where there is none.

I've stopped caring to argue about the Dex and stuff for about a week now, but stuff like this keeps pulling me back in. There's no reason to pretend something is happening that isn't. It just makes things worse.

CatDoggo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You don't "vote" to win. You "vote" to take a personal stance and send a message. Sometimes what you "vote" for pays off, most of the time not so.

You want to vent and criticize Game Freak feel free. I really don't care. Just don't act like there aren't shit bags who like to act stupid towards Game Freak across other platforms.

Most of us here keep saying over and over again that it isn't right to attack the devs or people like Serebii over this. Damn near everyone on here who has any issue with something Serebii says always starts out by saying they aren't attacking him, because we all know he's had it rough. In the end, it's a minority who are acting like idiots and trying to start stupid shit like lawsuits even though they know its not going to change anything or do anything but make them look bad, but that doesn't give the 'other side' (I fucking hate using that term) free reign to be assholes either. I've had some awful shit thrown at me elsewhere just for being against the Pokemon culling and I wasn't attacking anyone to warrant it. A certain minority is being awful on both ends and none of it is justified. I'm just tired of how there's so much effort to treat those of us who are against the culling as though we're all belligerent while those who are okay with it are the only ones who are getting unwarranted hate thrown their way. Plenty of people who are against the Pokemon culling are receiving just as much hate for no reason, even when trying to be as respectful in their criticism as possible. It's shit all around and it's the reason why I've largely bowed out lately.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
I know I've made posts about this debate before, but it's one thing to argue about the game and it's another to argue about people arguing about the game.

We know there are plenty of toxic people with all sorts of views on the game. But we're not at war, we don't need to defend anyone here, so far we've all been level-headed. Whatever happens outside, I don't think is worth discussing. Unless it's completely wild shit that warrants their own threads like Game Freak's comments or that Twitter falsely accusing Masuda, i honestly think we should drop discussions about "people". Because we don't know who they are, how many they are, and it always leads to a heated debate here that might become unintentionally toxic. It never brings any good.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
God forbid anyone defending Game Freak
I don't even know what this is supposed to prove.

People can obviously defend GF, but why can't we take issue if we feel they say something miss informative?

Someone accused him of exaggerating the lawsuit claim and you replied with this.
Well, insofar the only thing you guys manage to clear is that you guys are absolutely rabid in your quest on throwing shit over Game Freak and anyone who doesn't side with you, so just stop making yourselves look like fools okay?

This is tiring
What did this have to do with anything?

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
They cited balance, so I expect to see no banned Pokêmon in VGC.
Give me Mythicals.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
God forbid anyone defending Game Freak
God forbid anyone be unhappy with a design decision in a video game, lest they be compared to Gamergate or some random guy on Twitter who thought it'd be funny to make false rape accusations toward Masuda, despite the fact that 100% of people in this thread have said that was an absolutely horrible thing to do.

God forbid anyone try to keep someone from making things up and spreading false information saying "the fans" were planning on filing a lawsuit against Game Freak.

I don't think everyone who defends the Dex decisions is responsible for the personal insults myself and other people I know have faced on social media because of their opinions on the culling, and I would hope people don't think I'm personally responsible for the fake rape accusations against Masuda.

I don't understand why generalization is such an issue, but people need to stop it, it's not constructive and it just further fragments people and makes the Pokemon fanbase look stupid.

Oct 26, 2017
They cited balance, so I expect to see no banned Pokêmon in VGC.
Give me Mythicals.

Imagine believing that when we have a track record of GF being some of the worst at judging metagame and balancing accordingly. Like their definition of balance is to further break the game through power creep. Not to mention, there were always better ways to balance like actually editing BSTs instead of doing nonsense like +10 in one stat, and regularly updating movepools to buff certain Pokemon instead of Flareon begging for a physical fire move (until Gen VI iirc).

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
they will be stuck in the ghetto as long as companies pay for their release
TCG allows cards with extremely limited releases, it's so dumb that VGC doesn't allow Mythicals.
Like cards only distributed at Worlds are legal. That's like 2000 copies or less, but Mythicals are banned.

So stupid.

Deleted member 2340

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not about wining it's about hoping your message is received which will never happen with pokemon. Hence why I said telling someone to vote with their wallet is a meaningless gesture. It's one step away from just telling people to "shut up and stop complaining."

I would like to leave to Joe discussion on the back burner because it's not worth the hassle since we both see his reactions from a different angles. From what I've seen I can understand how and why he reacts the way he does some of the times. You see things differently and you have a different view on it and on Joe.

I can respect your opinion on Joe's reactions even though I don't fully agree with it.

As for the other part of your post

I think it was just before ResetEra was made and before Neogaf went south ign or Game Informer did a video interview with Masuda and Ohmori where they read Pokémon fan posts requesting big open worlds/areas, harder difficulty, and other stuff like that and Masuda said something like , we're working on it or we hear you.

Considering how Masuda/Game Freak reacted to the initial outburst by releasing the statement on Famitsu I'm sure they got the message loud and clear.

The question is what they will do moving forward.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
TCG allows cards with extremely limited releases, it's so dumb that VGC doesn't allow Mythicals.
Like cards only distributed at Worlds are legal. That's like 2000 copies or less, but Mythicals are banned.

So stupid.
they should have distro'd them through Bank/Home since they are paid services

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would like to leave to Joe discussion on the back burner because it's not worth the hassle since we both see his reactions from a different angles. From what I've seen I can understand how and why he reacts the way he does some of the times. You see things differently and you have a different view on it and on Joe.

I can respect your opinion on Joe's reactions even though I don't fully agree with it.

As for the other part of your post

I think it was just before ResetEra was made and before Neogaf went south ign or Game Informer did a video interview with Masuda and Ohmori where they read Pokémon fan posts requesting big open worlds/areas, harder difficulty, and other stuff like that and Masuda said something like , we're working on it or we hear you.

Considering how Masuda/Game Freak reacted to the initial outburst by releasing the statement on Famitsu I'm sure they got the message loud and clear.

The question is what they will do moving forward.
You know what that's all fair.

My optimism is low but I'd be lying if I said there was nothing I find interesting about SwSh so hopefully whatever they do helps mend the fanbase a little.

killertofu

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Continuing Hostility and Misrepresenting Moderation/Modwhining After Previous Bans for Similar Behavior
To me the issue right now is that people are piling on Serebii and even accusing moderation of having a bias for him.

Like, what the fuck is wrong with you guys?

Lol come on dude, Serebii puts himself in this situation in order to 'quash misinformation' but as soon as someone proves him wrong then the thread gets locked?

He instigates people, calls them out on 'misinformation', but turn it around on him and he just says he's speculating, that we don't have all the answers yet.

What's the difference?? Where's the line here? Why does he get more leniency than everyone else in this forum? He just gets a warning for using a derogatory phrase for autistic people? It's bollocks. For someone who's supposedly connected to people at Gamefreak, he hasn't gotten any information or written anything that might explain this mess.

I've taken a handsoff approach now about this until the game actually comes out. It might be good, who knows. But if the game gets data mined and they find barely any changes from the 3ds you best believe I'm gonna come in that thread cackling at everyone defending this shit.

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
This really is a botomless well, huh?
4chan already has a thread going about the last pages of this thread.

Deleted member 2340

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Most of us here keep saying over and over again that it isn't right to attack the devs or people like Serebii over this. Damn near everyone on here who has any issue with something Serebii says always starts out by saying they aren't attacking him, because we all know he's had it rough. In the end, it's a minority who are acting like idiots and trying to start stupid shit like lawsuits even though they know its not going to change anything or do anything but make them look bad, but that doesn't give the 'other side' (I fucking hate using that term) free reign to be assholes either. I've had some awful shit thrown at me elsewhere just for being against the Pokemon culling and I wasn't attacking anyone to warrant it. A certain minority is being awful on both ends and none of it is justified. I'm just tired of how there's so much effort to treat those of us who are against the culling as though we're all belligerent while those who are okay with it are the only ones who are getting unwarranted hate thrown their way. Plenty of people who are against the Pokemon culling are receiving just as much hate for no reason, even when trying to be as respectful in their criticism as possible.

"It's shit all around and it's the reason why I've largely bowed out lately."

I couldn't agree more. If I'm going to be honest I don't know why I quoted you and the other user to begin with. I hit my limit two weeks ago and I'm done with the culling of Pokémon conversation and most things SwSh that isn't positive.

I'm personally excited for SwSh. I'm excited by everything I see. I simply want to play these games already.

I don't have a issue with anyone venting online mainly because I don't care anymore. People should be disappointed and they should be venting.

I will bow out of the conversation now because like you said it's a circle jerk of Diarrhea type shit. I understand where you're coming from now.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
So now it's a conspiracy between Joe and the mods? Serebiigate?

Like really? Really bizarre to attack Joe like this.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.