• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Black_Red

Oct 27, 2017
What the point of having a Pokémon team if they all get exp automatically like what's the point in switching

I love training my Pokémon the old way :(
YOu should need to switch depending on your oponent, and forcing set mode (no switching without using a turn) would force you to use a pivot/sacrifice pokemon to switch in safely.

Black_Red

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like the biggest downside is that after 3 turns you now have to deal with the fact that your team now has a regular butterfree ;)

I might agree unless eevee and pikachu get their lets go moves, in which whooo boy that would be broken
Compoundeyes sleep powder its not that bad and it has quiver dance.

Serif

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Do you have example of good designs from these Gens that you would prefer a regional form of, instead of a new form of a plain design from these same gen?

'Plain' is ultimately subjective as you're right in that most of these Pokemon have fairly fleshed out designs, I don't think Golurk or Talonflame are plain but the fanart for potential Galar forms still present interesting takes that are exciting. I've seen other fanart and suggestions for Galarian Vespiqueen, Luxray, Flygon, Charjabug, Milotic, Drifblim, and Klinklang (Gen V).

And Sirfetch'd is a regional evolution I'm pretty sure, I don't think there will be a Galarian Farfetch'd.

Of course these are just the Pokemon I can remember, there can be a totally out of left field design (like Zigzagoon) that no one expected but can be well received and bring back fond memories of that Pokemon.

They can honestly do whatever they want with other gens, I'm just not particularly excited about yet another regional Meowth variant / evolution

Beje

Oct 27, 2017
mvpJGhk.jpg

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
I would want to see Typhlosion get some love just to save it from it's terrible 3D Model.

We had this:
Spr_2c_157.png

to this:
Spr_5b_157.png

And somehow ended up with this:

Spr_6x_157.png

Where are the flames! Give it the flames back!

And don't say having flames on all the time would look dumb in 3D because they just revealed Gigantimax Charizard yesterday.

And bring back Purple Flames Shiny Typhlosion as well.

Spr_2c_157_s.png

For real why are the flames not "on" permanently in the 3D models? That's also the case in Pokémon GO and it bothers me to no end. Typhlosion looks like a freaking sausage without its flames and I absolutely hate it.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For real why are the flames not "on" permanently in the 3D models? That's also the case in Pokémon GO and it bothers me to no end. Typhlosion looks like a freaking sausage without its flames and I absolutely hate it.
Because that's not how it's supposed to be. Even the anime got that right

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I don't hate it. It's ok to be ugly and suck <3
Don't talk about Wooloo like that ;)

JK I love the little BAA sheep.

I actually like Typhlosion's simplified design. Plus we've seen since Gen 2 anime that they normally have their fire off.

Although this brings to mind something that Pokemon could really benefit from. More idle animations. Like make the Pokemon way more living during battle or outdoors.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The lengths people go defending this game, holy shit.

Imagine forgetting 6 generations worth of pokemon when making new features just to pander to the charizard crew. And imagine defending that decision, lmao.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica

Imagine forgetting 6 generations worth of pokemon when making new features just to pander to the charizard crew. And imagine defending that decision, lmao.

But it's the 30th anniversary! How can you celebrate your history if not by ONLY talking about your first hit?

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
why don't they ever talk about their real best game

tumblr_nmhxrzellw1qmh1j8o1_500.gif
Let's be honest, Drill Dozer gamefreak is dead and forgotten. Its still leagues away from the likes of Harmoknight and Little Town Hero.
Now this is absolutely inexcusable.

I will not tolerate Typhlosion hate. >:(
I always chose Cyndaquil as a kid, but the Gen 2 starters being a single type sucks. While it does come with its drawbacks, fire/ground would have made total sense for it.

I still stand in awe at how BW2 did vastly better job of celebrating all Gens despite there not even being an impetus to do so. (BW2 wasn't an anniversary game)

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Because that's not how it's supposed to be. Even the anime got that right

I don't think people would complain about the lack of flames if the games handled them like the anime did - they only turn on when it starts fighting, but then they pretty much stay on until the battle ends, rather than like in the games where they only pop up for specific animations.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think people would complain about the lack of flames if the games handled them like the anime did - they only turn on when it starts fighting, but then they pretty much stay on until the battle ends, rather than like in the games where they only pop up for specific animations.
that's a larger problem with the games in general

never forget

db73a3e5e6995ed86d6d8c10cebf54278229f4bca5b4ccea7f5fc877bcced7d8.gif

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kills me when people get shook over the Pokekon looking like they're supposed to.

To be fair Game Freak presented the image of Typhlosion having it's flame always out since its debut in gen 2 with the 3D spin off games, showing that Typhlosion doesn't have the flame out when not attacking.

So it's just natural that folks are bound to be taken aback when gen 6 rolled around exposed Typhlosion's true form.

Though to be told, Typhlosion is just a poor mon Charizard but without the cool flair that Charizard has. Heck I used Typhlosion as a Charizard stand in my Pokémon Sun team, as Bank wasn't updated to work with gen 7, and my god was he so boring to use.

But don't forget the BW2 anime was when the Charizard pandering truly begun.

Eh, I would say that had been doing Charizard pandering since gen 1...and as a Charizard trainer I love it. 😏

which is funny because Charizard isn't even in either B/W games

Heh, that wasn't going stop them or me. 🤣

Last edited:

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I recently discovered in Pokemon Go that the Klink line looks really good in 3D, it's almost hypnotic to watch

Rockets

Sep 12, 2018
Comparing this Trailer to same trailer we got 3 years ago for SM is a night and day difference:

And funnily enough, they are both on the opposite ends of what I want from a trailer this close to the release.

The SWSH one shows way too little while the SM one shows way too much.

i see what you mean but in the end I'd rather us know too little. Like ya speculating with this little amount of info sucks but when the game releases none of that will matter, we'll able to enjoy our first playthrough with more surprises.

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
i see what you mean but in the end I'd rather us know too little. Like ya speculating with this little amount of info sucks but when the game releases none of that will matter, we'll able to enjoy our first playthrough with more surprises.

Oh, you're absolutely right that knowing too little is the preferable outcome, it's just that knowing that little is also unsatisfying haha.

But it's true that it also makes actually playing the game more satisfying.

This has a good chance of being my favorite Pokémon experience since Black/White nearly 10 years ago. Even with all the stuff I'm criticizing.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Something just occurred to me:

Wild Tyranitar are confirmed to be found roaming in the Wild Area (for lategame, I'd assume). Larvitar is Shield exclusive, it's Sword equivalent is Deino. Ergo, for the first time ever, it will be realistic to use a Hydreigon on your team since you'll be able to pull a Ghetsis and catch an underleveled one in the Wild Area instead of being stuck with a stupid Deino that doesn't evolve until lvl 50 and a Zweilous that won't evolve until lvl 64.

I probably won't even do this since I prefer using new Pokemon on my first playthrough, but it's tempting since Hydreigon is the coolest psudo.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana

Wild Tyranitar are confirmed to be found roaming in the Wild Area (for lategame, I'd assume). Larvitar is Shield exclusive, it's Sword equivalent is Deino. Ergo, for the first time ever, it will be realistic to use a Hydreigon on your team since you'll be able to pull a Ghetsis and catch an underleveled one in the Wild Area instead of being stuck with a stupid Deino that doesn't evolve until lvl 50 and a Zweilous that won't evolve until lvl 64.

I probably won't even do this since I prefer using new Pokemon on my first playthrough, but it's tempting since Hydreigon is the coolest psudo.

I suppose those Pokémon, Tyranitar or Hydreigon, won't be underleveled at all. They said you couldn't even catch Onix at first. So I think by the time you're able to catch them, they'll still be at a high level, but who knows.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

you could catch a level 10 salamence in Sun and Moon

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
you could catch a level 10 salamence in Sun and Moon
I know. I'm just pointing out how this will probably be the first time that Hyrdreigon is particular will be reasonably available before the post-game, since it evolves so late. Shellgon at least evolves at 50 so it's realistic to have one for the Elite 4.