• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vivian-Pogo

Jan 9, 2018
Now that we're thoroughly Gen 1'd out, could we get a Gigantamax for Feraligatr where it has the commonly misseen booty from their back-sprite?

69398bb6305e6915f78ac74555251948ca459c2e_hq.jpg

Or how about Gigantamax Pichu that becomes beta Pichu? We got Chubbychu, now we need Chubpichu.

__pichu_and_pichu_pokemon_gsc_beta_and_etc_drawn_by_wabatte_meru__sample-c08738563f53b19f895b48a6f93671e3.jpg

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't say that and you know exactly what im referring to. Not long ago someone said "I hope they're listening to our complaining" on era, while this place is a toxic shitshow of epic proportions to the point where nobody is going to take any of it seriously.
So how are we supposed to complain exactly?

What's the "proper non-toxic" if we apparently can't even dislike a youtube video now? You constantly call everyone toxic for the simple fact we don't like something you do.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
So how are we supposed to complain exactly?

What's the "proper non-toxic" if we apparently can't even dislike a youtube video now? You constantly call everyone toxic for the simple fact we don't like something you do.

There's a clear difference between "Im not a fan of how much special treatment the original Pokemon still get and it would be nice to see more balance" and "fuck GF Gen1 Pandering bullshit and their shitty uninspired designs" That stuff is common sense and im not going to touch the side that thinks its ok to insult and harass developers because its petty and there's nothing constructive about it.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's a clear difference between "Im not a fan of how much special treatment the original Pokemon still get and it would be nice to see more balance" and "fuck GF Gen1 Pandering bullshit and their shitty uninspired designs"
Who's saying that? Most here are just exasperated at the Gen 1 pandering and how we're frequently brushed of because "it'll still sell lol."

And no calling the designs uninspired is not being toxic.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Who's saying that? Most here are just exasperated at the Gen 1 pandering and how we're frequently brushed of because "it'll still sell lol."

And no calling the designs uninspired is not being toxic.

you have got to be intentionally turning a blind eye if you're going to pretend like that isn't happening every single thread

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
you have got to be intentionally turning a blind eye if you're going to pretend like that isn't happening every single thread
I'll agree that it did when the game first was revealed and the national dex thing was announced, but it really hasn't been like that in any of these threads lately aside from a few fringe cases that most people just ignore.

BeanBoi

Jun 20, 2019
Literally where. This happens every single thread about this game where disappointment is expressed and then the 'you're being toxic' line is thrown around by Gamefreak defenders. It's okay to not like something about the game, or express disapproval with the direction it's going. In my opinion, it seems as though people are upset that Pokemon is being criticized and can't handle it. As someone above just said, it is disrespectful to throw around 'toxic' for things you disagree with when they are not at all toxic.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Literally where. This happens every single thread about this game where disappointment is expressed and then the 'you're being toxic' line is thrown around by Gamefreak defenders. It's okay to not like something about the game, or express disapproval with the direction it's going. In my opinion, it seems as though people are upset that Pokemon is being criticized and can't handle it. As someone above just said, it is disrespectful to throw around 'toxic' for things you disagree with when they are not at all toxic.

Literally Page 1.
Gamefreak can fuck off if those forms are only available via let's go
Gamefreak is making me sick with all the gen 1 pandering
Miss me with that gen 1 bullshit

And someone who got themselves banned for insulting Serebii.

Cromat

Mar 17, 2019
You know what we need? A 7 day long live stream of a pond in the Galar region, to reveal Galarian Goldeen.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
There is obviously nothing wrong with criticizing or defending Game Freak's choices, but we've been seeing all sorts of weird shit this year.
To the point some of the threads where discussion had turned to more controversial subjects become unbearable to read or participate. It's weird as fuck to see people chase members for their opinions or attack prominent members of the community because they disagree with them.
A lot of the opinions are inflammatory, and it eventually turns into people responding to imaginary arguments that no one ever made.

This marketing campaign has been tiring, man.

Rockets

Sep 12, 2018
There's a clear difference between "Im not a fan of how much special treatment the original Pokemon still get and it would be nice to see more balance" and "fuck GF Gen1 Pandering bullshit and their shitty uninspired designs" That stuff is common sense and im not going to touch the side that thinks its ok to insult and harass developers because its petty and there's nothing constructive about it.
Bruh since when has criticism been harassment? If GF wants to do Gen 1 pandering bullshit then people should be able to criticize and call them out on it. It's not bullying man calm down

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
There is obviously nothing wrong with criticizing or defending Game Freak's choices, but we've been seeing all sorts of weird shit this year.
To the point some of the threads where discussion had turned to more controversial subjects become unbearable to read or participate. It's weird as fuck to see people chase members for their opinions or attack prominent members of the community because they disagree with them.
A lot of the opinions are inflammatory, and it eventually turns into people responding to imaginary arguments that no one ever made.

This marketing campaign has been tiring, man.

It's not even just this one. The Pokémon community has been in flames ever since LGPE were announced. People have been on each other's throaths ever since. It took a turn for the worse when it turned out that Game Freak's comment about LG not influencing the main series was a half-truth. And then Dexit happened.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
You, Serebii, Aleh and the guy with the T-Rex Mario are like the Four Horsemen of stanning Game Freak in literally every thread.

I've got plenty of issues with these games and never hesitated to explain them and expect the same. Pretty sure I criticized that ugly tree texture before anyone, questioned the raid battles being slow, said the national dex thing sucks because my accounts named after one of my stored Pokemon, I can't stand the games worldbuilding and storytelling especially in regards to their attempts to morally justify pet battles, said that Sun and Moon are the worst for their handholding and tutorialization, especially not a fan of how easy the games main story are etc.

What I don't care for is that over the last few years there has never been a single place to even talk about the IP without half the comments being thoughtless negativity with seemingly no purpose being on a forum format. The only people ive ever had to ignore or report in decades of using internet forums have been ERA Pokemon threads.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
Yeah, I don't agree with that kind of criticism being toxic either, but it's really weird and kind of actually toxic to bring people up like that and single them out. Like, I don't personally agree with those people on a lot of things but no need to like call them Game Freak shills or whatever.

Zarckoh

Oct 25, 2017
Mexico
I don't think that criticizing Gigantamax Pikachu and Eevee for being locked through LGPE is being toxic. Between that and Mew in LGPE they have esentially added paid DLC pokemon which is something that I remember people claimed that GF wouldn't do.

I would be fairly upset if it was a pokemon I wanted being locked behind a game I have no interested in. In a way LGPE is already affecting the content directly even though that they were supposed to be unrelated. Hmmm feel like eating some tacos.

Last edited:

killertofu

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I've got plenty of issues with these games and never hesitated to explain them and expect the same. Pretty sure I criticized that ugly tree texture before anyone, questioned the raid battles being slow, said the national dex thing sucks because my accounts named after one of my stored Pokemon, I can't stand the games worldbuilding and storytelling especially in regards to their attempts to morally justify pet battles etc.

What I don't care for is that over the last few years there has never been a single place to even talk about the IP without half the comments being thoughtless negativity with seemingly no purpose being on a forum format. The only people ive ever had to ignore or report in decades of using internet forums have been ERA Pokemon threads.

You and T-Rex Mario are the lower tier of the 4. But in any thread your four avatars are the ones always arguing with everyone.

Because it's true. I've backed off from responding in these threads because it's like the same back and forth and argument. I doubt theres going to be any agreement necessarily. They're playing optimists, while most of the thread is pessimistic.
People arguing about whether or not theres actually a lot of Pokemon in the game versus people who think it's a slow drip because of how overmarketed Sun and Moon were. Theres no consensus until the game comes out so I'm not sure why everyone is at each other's throats.

Like not even going in on the gen one bias or anything but frankly to me most of these designs are kind of meh? They're not new regional forms which I thought was a cool idea. They're not megas which I also thought was a neat idea. They're just...kind of big slightly varied giant versions of the Pokemon? I can't even get mad about it because it's just so...dull.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
Yeah, okay. I'm out. This is actually like a super dumb, weird personal thing for some people which I don't get at all.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
You and T-Rex Mario are the lower tier of the 4. But in any thread your four avatars are the ones always arguing with everyone.

The secondary horsemen of the defense force? not bad. I guess competitive Smash related threads id be one of the front liners then.
Its not even just the games, threads about the Pokemon anime outside the OT were even worse.

BlueRose

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think that criticizing Gigantamax Pikachu and Eevee for being locked through LGPE is being toxic. Between that and Mew in LGPE they have esentially added paid DLC pokemon which is something that I remember people claimed that GF wouldn't do.
It doesn't sit well with me given LGPE were clearly targeted at a different audience.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
It's lame, but they're not even the first times it's happened. You needed to pre-order Colosseum to get Jirachi (thus also requiring a GameCube) and you needed Ranger to get Manaphy. Eventually they were available through other events, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't so bad for Japan as for the rest of the world, but still.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica

Because it's true. I've backed off from responding in these threads because it's like the same back and forth and argument. I doubt theres going to be any agreement necessarily. They're playing optimists, while most of the thread is pessimistic.
People arguing about whether or not theres actually a lot of Pokemon in the game versus people who think it's a slow drip because of how overmarketed Sun and Moon were. Theres no consensus until the game comes out so I'm not sure why everyone is at each other's throats.

Like not even going in on the gen one bias or anything but frankly to me most of these designs are kind of meh? They're not new regional forms which I thought was a cool idea. They're not megas which I also thought was a neat idea. They're just...kind of big slightly varied giant versions of the Pokemon? I can't even get mad about it because it's just so...dull.

It's true that there are posters that continuously try to shut down any criticism towards GF in these threads, but there's more than enough facts to engage those arguments than calling people out personally, because now we stop talking about Pokemon and the discussion becomes "Poster says things".

killertofu

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The secondary horsemen of the defense force? not bad. I guess competitive Smash related threads id be one of the front liners then.
Its not even just the games, threads about the Pokemon anime outside the OT were even worse.
Well in the Pokemon anime threads y'all (I think) could appreciate Sun and Moon's animation style :).

Look, compromise!

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
While I do somewhat agree with KillerTofu, I dont think we should just call people out like this.

We all already know who the four/five shillers are (they know who they are too), so lets just leave it at that.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil

You'll always be the Melee Defense Force Commander in my heart, Pixel. I've lost all my patience trying to defend/just talk normally about Melee here but I always see you doing the lord's work on those threads

I salute you!

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
Whoa, people dislike Melee around here? Learn something new every day. I guess I just miss all the Smash competitive discussions.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Kind of off topic but I just realised that if they're leaving megas behind and adding 'regional evolutions' they could always add a regional form of say, Mawile, and give it a regional evolution.

Megas are no longer an evolutionary dead end.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
Whoa, people dislike Melee around here? Learn something new every day. I guess I just miss all the Smash competitive discussions.

I think it's a lot better now that Ultimate is out and is amazingly successfully commercialy and reasonably successfull competitively but there was a time where it was pretty bad. We still get the "only 4 viable characters/need broken controllers to win/but it's so old and not new" trolls but it seems to be less than before

Or maybe my perception changed because I stopped entering Melee threads for my own sanity lol

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
I tried to play Melee for the first time after having Ultimate be my first Smash game and I just don't get why people like it...

It takes a while, but the freedom of movement in Melee is still untouched. You can do whatever your mind wants in that game, you just need to be able to execute it. It's amazing and there's no game like it.

Not to mention the competitive scene is a total shonen/pro-wrestling esque scenario, complete with things like "the 5 gods of Melee", "Godslayer" and people dropping diss tracks before big money matches. There's a reason Melee is one of the most watched fighting games since 2013 and still shows no signs of stopping or slowing down

cainhxrst

Nov 10, 2018
Kind of off topic but I just realised that if they're leaving megas behind and adding 'regional evolutions' they could always add a regional form of say, Mawile, and give it a regional evolution.

Megas are no longer an evolutionary dead end.

regional-exclusive evolution does seem to be their way around the eviolite problem, so it is potentially something that could stick around for a while. Since no future regions will feature every single pokemon, but a selective batch, I can see it becoming a common addition to the games.