• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CarthOhNoes

Someone is plagiarizing this post
Oct 25, 2017
Apologies if this has been posted but it seems like new news?

https://m.facebook.com/PokemonExclusives/posts/1046519698857033

Some of this we know, some we might not have done. This is from a fan page so make of that what you will.

Whole post for people without FB

- Gamefreak officially consecutively stated in the media conference that it is a main core series game. The 2019 game is as well.

- Gamefreak have targeted this towards newer / casual fans.

- Gamefreak officially stated that core games will come in two supplements for the future, Games like this for the newer crowd and your typical Pokémon game for hardcore fans. The 2019 release is geared for hardcore fans. This is targeted to introduce new players into the franchise adopting some familiarity with the ever successful Pokémon Go.

- The 2019 game won't have casualisation because of this game.

- Pokémon Go isn't required to play

- The Accessory isn't required to play.

- Gamefreak and Serebii have given official confirmation that the games have online activity. Their was a mistranslation earlier in the stream which caused hysteria among fans.

- Pokémon can use 4 attacks just like in the main core games rather than Pokémon Go's. The attack system mirrors the main core games.

- Pokémon Attacks have the standard animations from the main core games as we see with hyper beam, Swift, seismic toss and the like. They do not function like Pokémon go. The animations are crisper and cleaner.

- Wild Pokemon have levels that mirror the original wild Pokémon from Kanto, we see this with the mt moon clefairy being the same level as the original gen 1 games and the other overworld Pokémon matching the rest of the wild Pokémon of mt moon.

- Wild Pokemon have both levels and Cp. The Cp likely is a modifier from transfer and for familiarity since the game is targeted for that audience in mind.

- Wild Pokemon are caught like in go.

- The accessory makes it easier to catch Pokémon

- Standard core series items can be used in the wild before throwing a ball to increase or decrease capture.

- Items can be used in battles.

- Double Battles are back

- Players can co op with other players at any time freely

- Co Oped players can participate in story mode battles and help you battle in double battles. You can do the entire adventure together or separate. Perfect for couples and siblings.

- Co Oped players can help to catch Pokémon, both getting the spoils.

- The game features Pokémon centres.

- Wild Pokemon appears in the overworld like standard JRPG games meaning you can catch what you want, no more spending hours trying to get that elusive Clefairy, meaning you can enjoy the action more.

- The story mode features Team Rocket, they use some new Pokémon they didn't use previously giving variety to their typical rosters

- Mewtwo plays a part in the story unlike in the originals

- The new device is an OPTIONAL seperate tool much the pokewalker. It's not needed to play the game, but rewards you like the pokewalker allowing you to take your partner Pokémon for walks and getting rewards.

- You can trade Pokémon between Pokémon Go and the Switch at will and mix and match at your desire

- Transferred Pokémon go to a Pokémon pal park clone, exactly the same as gen 4.

- All pokemon follow you like in HGSS

- Pokémon Amie clone returns

- You can dress up and stylise your pikachu and eevee as you want without restrictions

- The story Pikachu and Eevee cannot evolve exactly like Pokémon Yellow. Others however can

- The standard Pokédex Returns, no more rotom lol

- As revealed by Gamefreak and Serebii, a brand new Pokémon is being offered for players as an exclusive.

What we learned from the official QA Gamefreak meeting

The online features use their own seperate features.

The core game in 2019 WONT USE ANY features from Pokémon Go

The special Pokémon exclusive to this game is brand new

The 2019 game is confirmed to use all features from sun and moon and XY

Gamefreak confirmed FOR THIS GAME ONLY there will be minor differences in how you level up, raise & train Pokémon in Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee, citing they wanted to simplify it

The games have infinite save files with save files being tied to user accounts.

The games don't store save data on the cartridge.

Pokémon breeding is unavailable

Any Pokémon among the first 151 available in the game that could carry a trainer are rideable

Last edited:

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Definitely interested on this game.

But i hope it's not 10 hours long because of those simplified aspects.

Are gyms confirmed right?

sschol

Oct 27, 2017
Bah, reading the explaination that the 2019 title will be a "traditional, hardcore" title really sucks. I always hope they'll make the jump into deeper and more engaging gameplay, but that note seems to confirm against that ahead of time.

Deleted member 31092

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
The source seems to be a fanpage with just info that we already know plus some safe speculation.

Am I wrong?

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
>"Gamefreak officially stated that core games will come in two supplements for the future, Games like this for the newer crowd and your typical Pokémon game for hardcore fans"

Oh wow, they've actually decided to make dumbing down what was ALREADY a children game a regular thing. What a waste of resources.

> "The core game in 2019 WONT USE ANY features from Pokémon Go"

It's already been said, but I'm still really glad to hear this again.

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
Sounds like LG is the middle of a Venn Diagram between the main series and Go. Somewhat interested.

FiXalaS

Oct 27, 2017
Kuwait.
>"Gamefreak officially stated that core games will come in two supplements for the future, Games like this for the newer crowd and your typical Pokémon game for hardcore fans"

Oh wow, they've actually decided to make dumbing down what was ALREADY a children game a regular thing. What a waste of resources.

> "The core game in 2019 WONT USE ANY features from Pokémon Go"

It's already been said, but I'm still really glad to hear this again.

Do you hate your childhood or something

Let the children get a game

Revali

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Rito Village
I wonder if this means that the 2019 games will start leaning more towards the older audience, with features like the BW2-style hard mode, since the more casual players will have the Let's Go series from now on. I'll be there Day 1 for Let's Go but I think it's interesting to think about regardless.

Zereta

Oct 26, 2017
I'm very excited for Let's Go! I think a two different pokemon games appealing to two different types of Pokemon fans that are both "core" experiences is an amazing move. Pokemon Go was the seed. This will hopefully democratize Pokemon even more.

I wonder if Lets Go will abandon some of the compelxity behind pokemon breeding and "god roll" Pokemon that exist in the core franchise meta. That's the thing that ultimately keeps me off the games long term. Not that I have to interface much with any of that but a pokemon RPG stripped of that complexity layer but still a complete adventure sounds like something made just for me.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Saying all the right things regarding next years game. I'm excited to at least give this a shot, especially knowing it isn't meant to cannibalize the main series (anyone who thought they'd ruin a 10+ million selling formula is crazy).

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm very excited for Let's Go! I think a two different pokemon games appealing to two different types of Pokemon fans that are both "core" experiences is an amazing move. Pokemon Go was the seed. This will hopefully democratize Pokemon even more.

I wonder if Lets Go will abandon some of the compelxity behind pokemon breeding and "god roll" Pokemon that exist in the core franchise meta. That's the thing that ultimately keeps me off the games long term. Not that I have to interface much with any of that but a pokemon RPG stripped of that complexity layer but still a complete adventure sounds like something made just for me.
No breeding doesn't remove the concept of iVs, it just means getting goods ones without cheating is far harder. Not to mention iVs were never really important in single player and there importance is vastly overstated in multiplayer

treasureyez

Nov 23, 2017
An Eevee — literally called an "Evolution Pokémon" — that cannot evolve seems like insanity to me, even if I can get another one. :(

ggdeku

Oct 26, 2017
This is just a collection of the details we got on Tuesday, plus some things that are just sepculation/unconfirmed? This is just some random Pokemon fan page on Facebook.

- Gamefreak officially stated that core games will come in two supplements for the future, Games like this for the newer crowd and your typical Pokémon game for hardcore fans.

Is there a real source on this becuase this is was not part of the original information.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Do you hate your childhood or something

Let the children get a game

I loved my childhood. It had wild Pokemon battles, more than 151 Pokemon, and competitive mechanics for the people who enjoy that sort of thing.

The "ITS FOR THE CHILDREN" argument is bullshit. EVERY Pokemon game is for children, so why does this one have to be exclusively designed for them?

Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina
What is the issue? If it is a legendary/Mythical it makes sense?

I mean, Groudon is only in Ruby.
That is nowhere near the same fucking thing. Groudon is a version exclusive legendary that you can easily trade for, and is in ample supply. Locking a Pokemon to a spin-off that you shouldn't need to buy extremely limits its availability, especially if it isn't distributed online later on.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
I loved my childhood. It had wild Pokemon battles, more than 151 Pokemon, and competitive mechanics for the people who enjoy that sort of thing.

The "ITS FOR THE CHILDREN" argument is bullshit. EVERY Pokemon game is for children, so why does this one have to be exclusively designed for them?
Then wait for 2019 Pokémon. A lot of us are very happy with this game, that's exactly what I want. We'll have this, you'll have your hardcore Pokémon game in one year. Best timeline confirmed.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
Sounds good. I'm totally down with the first Switch Pokemon game being a streamlined approximation of one of the OG Pokemon games. Wild battles are tedious and random encounters are garbage and absolutely not a requirement for an RPG.

Loving everything about the announcement. Gives me some legitimate pre-E3 hype and a chance to pad out my ERA ignore list.

Deleted member 8791

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't like to threadwhine but this is literally just a fanpage on Facebook compiling information which has already been done in the main thread with sources.

Oct 27, 2017
So what are so upset about? Sounds good to me. I don't mind them mixing it up

I'm guessing late 2019 will be Nintendo's big handheld push where they try to get multiple people in households to buy a switch. Maybe a $199 SKU? Way too early of course

ITSMILNER

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So, is Gamefreak big enough to have to 2 teams to work on these titles on a regular basis? Like a team for the hardcore game and one for the casual game?

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of things about the game still leaves me with question marks. But regardless Game Freak are playing it pretty smart when it comes to appealing to both the casual crowd and the hardcore crowd.