• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Still wild that the best looking Pokemon game since Gen 6 is going to be in real-time and on my cell phone. Here's hoping they don't Dynamax it up somehow.

Edit: I don't mean best looking graphically. I mean in terms of content and character.

Last edited:

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Still wild that the best looking Pokemon game since Gen 6 is going to be in real-time and on my cell phone. Here's hoping they don't Dynamax it up somehow.
Yeah it's using the same Pokémon models as Gen 7 did.

The trainer models are no different to ones in Gen 7

The actual areas in the game are nothing special to look at and are literal corridors.

fl1CDQU.png

The realtime battles mean that it's autoattacking and the animations for that are minimal. Only Sync Moves and Unity Moves have decent animations and even then the Pokémon are just using their standard attack animations

Care to try again?

Deleted member 41183

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
It looks way rough to me, but I suppose it is a gatcha. The fact it's supposed to be Summer and we don't have a release yet suggests September, too.

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah it's using the same Pokémon models as Gen 7 did.

The trainer models are no different to ones in Gen 7

The actual areas in the game are nothing special to look at and are literal corridors.

fl1CDQU.png

The realtime battles mean that it's autoattacking and the animations for that are minimal. Only Sync Moves and Unity Moves have decent animations and even then the Pokémon are just using their standard attack animations

Care to try again?
I already edited my post to clarify that I didn't mean graphically. I like the look of this game in terms of what I've seen of its content more than I did that of the other games released since Gen 6. Relax.

And watch your attitude. No need for all that.

Last edited:

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
it's still based on how Pokemon's combat works, which doesn't particularly have classes like that
I don't think is pratical to use the core RPG system on this game. It's seems each Pokémon has only two attacks and a item slot? I'm assuming the 4th is the sync move. edit: it seems to be a support move.
If each Pokémon(or trainers) has a role, and only has two basic moves, you can have a support Chikorita with Heal Pulse and Light Screen.

It's better to sell them too lol

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
This is the Pokemon game I'm playing this year so I hope we get pre-registration soon!

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not Pokémon... Trainers

It's the trainers that have type, level, weakness etc. if you read it that way, it's definitely how it seems
That doesn't make much sense when the pokemon will change weaknesses. Like Acerola's Palossand having an ice weakness. It would make more sense if the "role" was determined by the trailer's ability

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
That doesn't make much sense when the pokemon will change weaknesses. Like Acerola's Palossand having an ice weakness. It would make more sense if the "role" was determined by the trailer's ability
True enough. It just does seem that all elements are focused around the trainers more than the Pokémon