• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not related to the game, but the new TCG set reminds me of Masters (I suppose there must be some sort of connection)

Piplup-SM11b-CHR.png
Mimikyu-SM11b-CHR.png

Vileplume-GX-SM11b.png
Reshiram-Zekrom-GX-Dream-League.png

Clefairy-SM11b-Promo.jpg
Silvally-GX-SM11b.png
I dont think there's a relation, just coincidence

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They often do very soft cross promotion.

Around the time of every movie there's always a set featuring a focal Pokémon of that movie :)
Yea but they're explicit about it. I didn't see any mention of Masters with these cards. Nor do they even match the pokemon in the game (just Acerola so far, but we'll see)

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Yea but they're explicit about it. I didn't see any mention of Masters with these cards. Nor do they even match the pokemon in the game (just Acerola so far, but we'll see)
Na they're not usually.

Take the recent sets

June 2019 - Miracle Twin - Mewtwo & Mew. No mention of movie Mewtwo strikes Back EVOLUTION
July 2018 - Thunderclap Spark - Zeraora. No mention of the movie featuring Zeraora: Everyone's Story
June 2017 - Did You See The Fighting Rainbow/Light-devouring Darkness - Marshadow & Ho-Oh. No mention of tie in of the movie Pokémon I Choose You
June 2016 - Fever Burst Fighter & Cruel Traitor - Volcanion & Magearna. No mention of the Volcanion/Magearna movie out this year
June 2015 - Banded Ring - Hoopa. No mention of tie in of the movie Hoopa & The Clash of Ages

Shall I go on?

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
I appreciate all of the people assuming my take on the game was part of some larger campaign, but it was legitimately just what I wrote. I have really had my fill of the weird hostility and shallow jabs.

Don't drag me into whatever war you're waging with someone else, because I'm sitting on two decades of loving Gamefreak and I'm sick of drive-bys suggesting otherwise without a thing to back it up then going dead silent when I reply. I'm more excited for one game than another, how the hell do you justify being an asshole over that? Antagonistic cowards.

I'm going to assume you are going through some things because...uh what?

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
No Kris merch, I sleep

Still really hope she's in the summon pool at launch.

BradenAndEggs

Jan 8, 2018
I love the look of Masters the more I see of it. I wonder if the alt costume Brock is an example of the gacha element. Like all of the pairs are free but to get their more powerful redesigns (the "sigma suits?") you have to pull for them?

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I love how out of nowhere Porygon got this attention

I really like Vileplume lol (btw I have a strong feeling that it won't be on SwSh :( same as Victreebel)

Maybe they thought Rafflesia was too scientific or they didn't want to use/ couldn't trademark the name of a genus of plants.
yaknow.gif
I imagine they wanted to use Rotom but Game Freak wouldn't let them as they were using it

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rotom is literally just a ghost possesing things. And, like almost everyone else who played too much USUM, I'm tired of him. lol
Porygon is an actual virtual Pokémon, made completely out of programming code.
it's specifically a tech ghost though, it replaces the need for AI.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Oh boy, we're getting canonized personalities now.

"Mischievous".

Also I guess Brendan is the canon protag for RSE

BradenAndEggs

Jan 8, 2018

Oh boy, we're getting canonized personalities now.

"Mischievous".

Also I guess Brendan is the canon protag for RSE

I don't know if this is the "canon" protagonist. It's closer to Treecko being the "canon" starter for Brendan. If anything it's an opportunity to add more characters like May at a later time.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
It so unfair how Pokémon Company just deleted him from existence.

I keep seeing many people commenting similar things on Facebook and so, but I don't think it's been THAT extreme.

I mean, it IS unfair Pokémon like him or Jynx have been sort of punished from the anime, especially Porygon and its evolutions. However, on every other aspect of the franchise, except maybe toy figures, they've been very present and far from being "deleted from existence". They've been featured in regional dexes (both Porygon and Jynx were in the latest Alola dex) and have appeared on the TCG sets in recent years (unlike Kadabra, for example).

I do think it's surprising that they've decided to feature it like this though, since it's an old, not so popular Pokémon. (But I would've been as surprised if they featured Voltorb, Venonat, Kabuto, Dewgong, etc)

Well, maybe it wasn't that surprising after all, since there was a Porygon (or Porygon2?) dryer in Refresh
250px-Pok%C3%A9mon_Refresh.png

I barely have any hair, but I need this in my life:
datqvpw-ec35159c-e63c-4797-919c-d7db91a5c031.gif