• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
Anime reboot confirmed.

The anime will take in all regions, not only in Galar (via Famitsu). Also the title will be just "Pokémon".

Interestingly, seems like the logo is based on the reboot movies (M20 and M21) that took place in an alternate universe.

No more details, but a few images also leaked from a Chinese site:

Last edited:

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully the writing/animation quality stays the same. They really fleshed out the characters in Sun/Moon. Even the different pokemon have unique personalities.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
Am I supposed to be inferring something from the tweets having the Sinnoh and Unova starters?

Seiniyta

Oct 25, 2017
The tweet says the logo is based on the remake movie, which was 3DCG

It's not based on the 3DCG movie

M20_teaser_poster.png

The logo is almost exactly like that one

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
i didn't really like the reboot movies much
while better than the unova-kalos movies, they didnt feel very cohesive
if they do a reboot, i just dont want ash. give us pokemon chronicles
or pokemon adventure

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
i didn't really like the reboot movies much
while better than the unova-kalos movies, they didnt feel very cohesive
if they do a reboot, i just dont want ash. give us pokemon chronicles
or pokemon adventure
Really? I thought the Unova and Kalos movies were atrocious while The Power of Us especially was the best in a very long time

Slamtastic

Oct 26, 2017
26 episode seasons of Origins/Generations or a Special/Adventures adaption instead of more Ash trash, thanks.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They hit on a fantastic new formula with Sun and Moon, and it'd be a real shame indeed if they didn't continue with it, or something like it.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
The Sun and Moon anime will be hard to top. But they can try.
Bonus if Ash looks a bit better this time

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Please let go of Ash.

Hasn't he been in purgatory enough?
Well, there's actually a very decent chance he's winning the League in Alola, so if you follow their logic, it's the time where they'd let him go...
I don't think it'll be hard to top Alola
Depends what you're looking for, I suppose- if they turned it back into generic shonen I daresay a lot of people would be happy, but I'd be saddened to lose Sun and Moon's tone and format.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
I think they meant I choose You but I could be wrong
You're misunderstanding, the logo is based on the reboot movies, basically M20 and M21, in the alternate universe.

Not the 3DCG Mewtwo one.
It's not based on the 3DCG movie

M20_teaser_poster.png

The logo is almost exactly like that one
No he means the ones that retold Ash's origin.
Ah, I see.

... I guess that means Ash is winning and since he's gonna stay in Alola they're rebooting the story?

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Calling it now: Ash finally wins the League in Alola, and the new series either follows alt-Ash instead or a different character in the alt-universe.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
26 episode seasons of Origins/Generations or a Special/Adventures adaption instead of more Ash trash, thanks.
I feel you. With the team making Ash lose EVERY SINGLE TIME, not even once making it to the Elite Four (which is canon that beating the tournament you get to take on the elite four). Ash has shown no progression and it took some bullshit XYZ for him to not only lose but lose to someone who managed to acquire all the badges needed in no time whatsoever. It was such a cop-out in writing.

I wish the very worst like no one ever has to the Pokemon writing staff.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
After the amazing animation of Sun and Moon I'll be bummed if it goes back and/or goes CG this time. Sun and Moon's animation brought me back into pokemon.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Depends what you're looking for, I suppose- if they turned it back into generic shonen I daresay a lot of people would be happy, but I'd be saddened to lose Sun and Moon's tone and format.
it's not so much that "shonen is better" but as a slice of life show, I don't think Alola utilized it that well. if anything, the battling and stuff hurt its potential as a SoL

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Ash actuqlly winning the alola league and that being the end of his arc would be the worst timing. It's not even a full league of 6v6 and doesn't fit at all.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Movie Canon Ash becomes Main Canon Ash after Main Canon Ash wins the league, retires, and decides to settle down in Alola. Abd Movie Cabon Ash is slightly older as well because is the more loose not established ash and they can get away with it.
Edit 1: Wait a ninute if its being revealed in a Month what the Flying Hell is getting revealed this Sunday?
Edit 2: Looks like this could be the news on Sundau or part of it. If they are making a fuss of the Anime one month out maybe they really are replacing the existing Ash with Movie Ash. I mean I was just kidding with that logo, but now I dunno it could happen I guess. Genuinely curious now.

Last edited:

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
The text alongside the starters says something like "the story goes to the world of all Pokemon", and each one of their regions is listed too. I wonder if it really means they might break the usual "one region per anime" formula. It's a pretty odd moment to do that though, considering what the main games did, but I guess the anime always was pretty off from the game. They need to give focus episodes to the current Pokemon, but that can still happen even if they change the region format since there are Pokemon in multiple regions.

Last edited:

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
Really? I thought the Unova and Kalos movies were atrocious while The Power of Us especially was the best in a very long time
yeah i agree those movies were absolutely terrible. power of us was a nice step up in quality, but still doesnt stand up to the gen 1-4 movies imo

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Decided to see what the other season anime logos look like and yeah it seems like it probably does point to something

latest

pokemon-xy-logo.jpg

300px-SM_series_logo.png

I'd be more than fine with a reboot of sorts.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I'm not gonna read into the logo too much yet. anime previews for more Sagas always try to hype it up as something different from the norm though sun and moon was different from the norm so who knows.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I'm not gonna read into the logo too much yet. anime previews for more Sagas always try to hype it up as something different from the norm though sun and moon was different from the norm so who knows.
There is the possibility this not for the main anime, and is instead a special anime with the Reboot Movie Canon Ash going througj all the regions. Could be a short run time could be something parallel to the main Anime. Who knows.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
This is the first anime since those movies so it could just be the new logo. Of course there's the possibility that the next series takes place in the spinoff world or the art style is changed to match one of the movies.

A Special Adaptation wouldn't show off the new region or Pokemon. Neither of those would likely be popular with kids.

There is the possibility this not for the main anime, and is instead a special anime with the Reboot Movie Canon Ash going througj all the regions. Could be a short run time could be something parallel to the main Anime. Who knows.
This is the exact time of the year they announce the next anime when a new gen is starting. It lines up with the others.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
This is the first anime since those movies so it could just be the new logo. Of course there's the possibility that the next series takes place in the spinoff world or the art style is changed to match one of the movies.

A Special Adaptation wouldn't show off the new region or Pokemon. Neither of those would likely be popular with kids.

This is the exact time of the year they announce the next anime when a new gen is starting. It lines up with the others.
Right but I have my reservations because we already have an anime announcement coming up this Sunday. If the announcement this Sunday is just the Movie Logo and announcing that the real news will come in a Month, okay yeah I can see the movie Canon becoming the new canon. This is also from a Chinese source so it could be what I am mentioning, a side project that will be announced later next week after the main anime is announced but later announced in China.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
The text alongside the starters says something like "the story goes to the world of all Pokemon", and each one of their regions is listed too. I wonder if it really means they might break the usual "one region per anime" formula. It's a pretty odd moment to do that though, considering what the main games did, but I guess the anime always was pretty off from the game. They need to give focus episodes to the current Pokemon, but that can still happen even if they change the region format since there are Pokemon in multiple regions.

The movies have already taken another path, with very few Pokémon from Gen VII making it to the theaters (let alone the human characters).

The anime now parting ways from the videogames would just ignite even more the fire about the National Dex getting cut and the whole excuse (that supporters give) about how they couldn't delay the games because the whole franchise was tied to them lol

And focusing in all the Pokémon from all the regions would be even more ironic now that we won't be able to have all the Pokémon in a single game.

Anyways, I'm just happy if this means they're stepping away from the SM style, but I was kinda expecting to see the new series based on Galar, since it looks so pretty so far.