• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
"From the outer reaches of space to the small-town streets of suburbia, the hunt comes home in Shane Black's explosive reinvention of the Predator series. Now, the universe's most lethal hunters are stronger, smarter and deadlier than ever before, having genetically upgraded themselves with DNA from other species. When a young boy accidentally triggers their return to Earth, only a ragtag crew of ex-soldiers and a disgruntled science teacher can prevent the end of the human race."

Uh oh.

http://comicbook.com/horror/2018/04/26/predator-2018-movie-synopsis/

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I trust in Shane Black but this has been a bit of a mess getting to the screen. I feel like it's been in the can for a while and we haven't had any look at it.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Shane Black will ensure that the ensemble makes for a fun ass time but he seriously needs to get over shoehorning kids into his films

If he made Kiss Kiss Bang Bang now they'd both be babysitting somebody

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Quoting myself from late March...
Basically, Jacob Tremblay plays an autistic child genius who gets mailed Predator tech from his estranged solider father who finds it in a shipwreck. The Predator wants his tech back (oh yeah, he's ten feet tall, genetically enhanced and is called the "Predator 2.0") so he hunts down the soldier and his son in the suburbs to reclaim it. Also, there are lunatic soldiers and loads of hybrid creatures, namely, fucking Predator dogs. Oh and it's set 30 years after the second film and Predators is basically ignored. Tremblay's character is able to decipher the Predator hieroglyphic language and Predators apparently steal spines not because of a tribal tradition but because they use them to merge their DNA with them for strength so all Predators contain human DNA.
It's going to be a stinker. Test screenings bombed for it. Reshoots are happening.
So everything is on the money. Fuck.

Last edited:

Sheev

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
"Now, the universe's most lethal hunters are stronger, smarter and deadlier than ever before, having genetically upgraded themselves with DNA from other species."
giphy.gif

Deleted member 6173

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really liked the 2010 Predators movie. It was cheesy and formulaic, but that's why I loved it. I was hoping we would get a sequel to that.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
I trust in Shane Black
I came in here basically to say this. I have 100% faith. And, even if Shane Black never makes another good movie, he did give us The Nice Guys; my best friend put it quite succinctly when discussing The Nice Guys: "It's the gift that keeps on giving."

Lifendz

Oct 27, 2017
Now, the universe's most lethal hunters are stronger, smarter and deadlier than ever before, having genetically upgraded themselves with DNA from other species

Sounds like the plot to a Ninja Turtles movie.

Oct 25, 2017
Now, the universe's most lethal hunters are stronger, smarter and deadlier than ever before, having genetically upgraded themselves with DNA from other species.

So, it's like a bad version of Starcraft where marines were injected themselves into a horrible way to die.

'kay.

Sub Level

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Why would the predators try to destroy the human race? They hunt for sport so if anything they would want to keep us around.

If they wanted to kill us, I mean, they have spaceships and could probably do it with ease.

I'm still on board and day 1 for this movie but I hope they aren't change the mythos of the predator too much.

What the hell is this?

Predator + xenomorph hybrid. Very powerful and can deposit embryos into human hosts via its throat.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Any ideas as to how the young lad does it? I'll take a stab:

Playing hide and seek
Runs into dark area
Trips over something
Something activates and lights appear
Boy runs away
Switch to actual beginning of movie

Deleted member 1258

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
From what JigglesBunny posted this really seems like they're gonna Prometheus it and just retcon the hell out of the lore into oblivion.