• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 1258

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why would the predators try to destroy the human race? They hunt for sport so if anything they would want to keep us around.

If they wanted to kill us, I mean, they have spaceships and could probably do it with ease.

I'm still on board and day 1 for this movie but I hope they aren't change the mythos of the predator too much.

Predator + xenomorph hybrid. Very powerful and can deposit embryos into human hosts via its throat.

This is straight up the writers fetish

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LOL this is terrible. They should just stop trying to revive the franchise, it already peaked with the first one thanks to Arnie.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Predators was watchable but here's a pro tip:

When your lead (Adrian Brody) needs to 'bulk up' to get to 150 lbs. soaking wet, you've got the wrong lead for an action movie about an assortment of badasses.

And Topher Grace was just…well…Topher.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Shane Black directing means the movie should at least be fun from a dialogue and action standpoint. But I want to know just how a kid can trigger the Predators to come to Earth? I mean, in Predator 2, they didn't kill the female police officer (even though she threatened them) because she was pregnant.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
All of this sounds awful, hopefully SB's directing can save it.

Edit: wait, Jacob Tremblay is the kid?!

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Now, the universe's most lethal hunters are stronger, smarter and deadlier than ever before, having genetically upgraded themselves with DNA from other species.

giphy.gif

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I trust in Shane Black... but man does that description make that movie sound like shit.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Shane Black directing means the movie should at least be fun from a dialogue and action standpoint. But I want to know just how a kid can trigger the Predators to come to Earth? I mean, in Predator 2, they didn't kill the female police officer (even though she threatened them) because she was pregnant.

The movie might be much better in execution but conceptually it sounds really stupid.

Also, I like Shane Black and I enjoyed IM3 but I would also argue it could have been a much better movie given the resources at his disposal.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Any ideas as to how the young lad does it? I'll take a stab:

Playing hide and seek
Runs into dark area
Trips over something
Something activates and lights appear
Boy runs away
Switch to actual beginning of movie

He communicates with them via his new iPhone xii when he hacks a satellite. When they land, he is then able to speak with them, it's like Starlord talking to a damn raptor

Trejo

Oct 25, 2017
That description does not inspire a whole lot of confidence but it's Shane Black so who knows.

Deleted member 1777

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I actually liked Predators. Don't know what they're trying to do with this suburb crap. Only Predator films that were good is 1 and Predators.

Oneiros

Oct 27, 2017
Its hilarious to me that the inciting incident is a twisted version of Elliot phoning ET's home.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
The end of the human race? Why would the predators kill the whole human race? The thing that is cool about them is that they have a sense of honor and would not kill unarmed people for example, but now they are somehow a threat for the whole human race? What?

Fancy Clown

Oct 25, 2017
This sounds bad, but I think Black will still manage to make it a fun time and less horrible than it sounds.

Sub Level

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
The end of the human race? Why would the predators kill the whole human race? The thing that is cool about them is that they have a sense of honor and would not kill unarmed people for example, but now they are somehow a threat for the whole human race? What?

Yep thats what I'm saying.

Maybe its some rogue group of predators who have gotten completely out of line and are too deep into bloodlust.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Haters can eat cheese.

Shane Black's original Predator synopsis would sound even dumber.

"Alien big game hunters come to the jungle to pick off skinny confused communists, but ARNOLD arrives and uses an Acme Road Runner trap to beat it. Every line of dialog is a butch sounding one liner. Character development includes chewing tobacco, spitting and trying out prototypes of Blade's "iceskating up hill" soliloquy.

SHANE BLACK GOT THIS YO

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
"From the outer reaches of space to the small-town streets of suburbia, the hunt comes home in Shane Black's explosive reinvention of the Predator series. Now, the universe's most lethal hunters are stronger, smarter and deadlier than ever before, having genetically upgraded themselves with DNA from other species. When a young boy accidentally triggers their return to Earth, only a ragtag crew of ex-soldiers and a disgruntled science teacher can prevent the end of the human race."

8vf.gif

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda want them to use the Predator in other time periods, Dark Ages was a great fan-film and felt fresh.

TCi

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What is this shit.... a race based on honour and tribunal rituals going for DNA upgrades... Why not just call it something else than Predator then.. And don't get me started on the kid(s) in the movie.

Doomshroom

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This sound do bad. Im no predator expert but they are nobel in thier own way. They hunt for sport and belive they are on top off the foodchain. Why taint thier dna?

Also i thought they came when the weather were really hot, how does a fucking kid trigger that?

I hate this movie i hope it flops.

Last edited:

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The blind faith in Black mystifies me.

Again, I liked IM3 for what it was but he basically took a potentially intriguing villain with the Mandarin and for the sake of a 'twist' pivoted to a dull, uninspired adversary.

He also made the Iron Man suits crumble like they were made of Lego's to facilitate a sight gag so it's not as if the guy has any particular respect for the integrity of the source material or the previously established lore of the universes he dabbles in.

And don't get me wrong, he's talented and I like his films and this could be a terrific movie but the synopsis sounds really bad.

Sub Level

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I always wanted a Predator movie based during Vietnam or WWII....I agree, other time periods would be awesome.

WW2 would be perfect. Especially Pacific theatre due to the jungle environment. You could have American and Japanese troops killing each other, then when the monster shows up they have to work together or all die.