• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hear the reshoots basically redid the entire third act cuz test screening was a disaster

If this is good I'll be shocked

OP
OP
BWoog

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't there a set photo released of a group of predators riding around in a tank?

giphy.gif

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Kind of nuts that I'll be alive to witness the crash and burn of both the Alien and Predator franchises.

Again.

Owarifin

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't mind the kid having an alien rip out of his chest in Reqium.

Hope it happens in this movie.

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Shane Black is yet to make a bad movie, so I'm looking forward to this. I don't have any expectations. I'm open to whatever direction this goes. As long as it's good.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's Shane Black, giving him the benefit of the doubt

This info don't seem to great tho

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
Why would the predators try to destroy the human race? They hunt for sport so if anything they would want to keep us around.

If they wanted to kill us, I mean, they have spaceships and could probably do it with ease.

I'm still on board and day 1 for this movie but I hope they aren't change the mythos of the predator too much.

Predator + xenomorph hybrid. Very powerful and can deposit embryos into human hosts via its throat.

Ugh... this is just so fucking meanspirited and in bad taste
Glad i never saw this POS

Qasiel

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
This just sounds awful. What happened to my favourite franchises? Ugh.

Deleted member 40133

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Like...
We had our good predator sequel....it's called predators.....why the hell didn't they just continue from that concept!?

Leynos

Oct 27, 2017

I would LOVE for this to be true! Turn it into a sci-fi/comedy. Have the ridiculous Rastafarian monsters tumbling like rag dolls about the ship while it careers in space. They crash land, and these new UPGRADED idiots get worked over by a kid à la Home Alone.

Edit: Ooh, I got an idea. These Predators are spliced with the essence of other creatures, yes? So one is part, get this, bat! Big, stupid ears, and everything. It uses echo-location - Oh, no! - to track prey even in the darkest locations, and can sense hidden traps. What a boon to any hunter. But, lo, this child rigs up some boomboxes, and plays some Beastie Boys (Sabotage, of course,) causing it to freak out, and blowing out its ears.

Just imagine the hijinks!

Last edited:

SlasherMcGirk

Oct 27, 2017
Cincinnati
Why would a Predator need to merge it's DNA. It's already the strongest thing in the universe. Besides they limit their tech and power when on hunts for the thrill anyway. Doesn't make any sense. Why is a Predator movie so hard now a days?

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Aren't hybrids against Predator rules? They won't even let you share tech unless you prove yourself

I think he's just being an idiot and doesn't get what a match cut is. probably a kid playing with his spaceship toy and then cutting to a spaceship crashing on its own accord
?
19cf8d15aaefdd819265daf4a6227d9cc347a22b_hq.gif

That's kinda what I'm thinking it was, too. No one would be foolish enough to write that into the movie.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2017
The movie might be much better in execution but conceptually it sounds really stupid.

Also, I like Shane Black and I enjoyed IM3 but I would also argue it could have been a much better movie given the resources at his disposal.

In Shane Black I trust. IM3 cannot be held against them. He was never going to be a good fit for Disney's formula.

Also what is with all the kid hate? Black's movie often have kids play major roles and its the kid from Room.

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
Merging species , ffs why can't we just have the iconic predator.

No backstory about them , no flashbacks of a predator as a child , just a damn killing machine on the hunt .