• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DjRalford

Dec 14, 2017
Be interesting to see if it sort people's problems out, hoping it does for all you having issues.

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It just said it improves system performance in the details menu option.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Version: 20.02-02.25.00 This system software update improves system performance. (according to Reddit)

First time no one laughs at a stability update.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
Wonder if they fixed rest mode. I doubt anything can be done about coil whine on software side.

ChrisP8Three

Oct 26, 2017
Leeds
At this point the PS5 system software isn't nearly as stable as the PS5, it needs to be Boston dynamics robots levels of stable
Here's to a stability update at least a month!

joking aside this will be to fix a few of the issues since launch

starblue

Oct 28, 2017
We need to update all the gif guys !

3c8zpVH.gif

OycsmTh.gif

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just in time. I had my system in rest mode last night (no game open no external drive) and it just shut down and wouldn't respond to the controller to turn on. Luckily all I had to do was turn it on with the button on the console and then everything was fine. The stability is welcome.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
hopefully it unlocks 3D Audio HDMI, as well as storing PS5 games on external hard drives.

hydruxo

ā–² Legend ā–²
Oct 25, 2017
One of the few times where I'm excited for a stability update haha. Hope this helps get rid of the system turning off in certain games.

DjRalford

Dec 14, 2017
Anyone checked for VRR & 8k resolution support, I know there's more pressing issues but you never know.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Right on time for EU launch. Thanks for beta testing americans

Outside of being too paranoid to plug in my 4TB drive, my experience has been mostly smooth (knock on all wood). No rest mode issues. No noise issues. No overheating or shutdowns. Demon's Souls crashed to home a couple of times over 15-20 hrs of playtime, that's about it.

E.T.

Oct 25, 2017
While I have had zero issues, I hope this does sort out issues others are having. Good luck and good gaming

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully it solves the issues Rocco had with his system. Not for him at this point, but for the others who are going through the same thing.