• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

manustany

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
The Space
Sony just pushed another new, minor PS5 update (21.02-04.03.00).

File size is 913,5 MB

Previous version was 21.02-04.02.00.

The firmware is also available to download HERE

Stability incoming!

Abylim

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
Hmm. I turned my ps5 on and it's just sort of hanging at the grey screen. It's downloading the update on the back ground, but I've never had this

Deleted member 24021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
CQJb8JWGlIJeU.gif

Mung

Nov 2, 2017
In before the first 'wtf no vrr' post..

Of course, not going get that in a minor update.

Sweet stability!

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
Joking aside, back in March i used to get some crashes playing certain games, but after few updates the system is stable af now.

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
Can they please do something about the fucking local vs cloud save clash shit.

Playing Death Stranding and it is doing it every damn time. It's driving me crazy.

denpanosekai

Oct 28, 2017
Since the latest major update I've had this issue where my ps5 only sees my USB stick after a reboot. Wonder if this fixes it, would be nice to have actual patch notes.

Toej

Aug 2, 2021
Hopefully it fixes the issue where you only get the background image, no icons or menus at all which happens very infrequently since the last patch.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm. I turned my ps5 on and it's just sort of hanging at the grey screen. It's downloading the update on the back ground, but I've never had this

Hopefully it fixes the issue where you only get the background image, no icons or menus at all which happens very infrequently since the last patch.

This happened to me twice (once each actually) some time after the update in September but it hasn't happened to me since the follow up update earlier this month. Both were reset by completely shutting down the system and turning it back on. The bug was definitely introduced in that big update last month because I never had that problem before.

And when it hangs on the grey screen you should still be able to bring up the quick menu when pressing the PS button to safely shut the system off.

brain_

What is a tag? A miserable pile of words.
May 13, 2021
MO
PlayStation is the most stable thing in my life

Oct 27, 2017
There would be a major beta before releasing it, like the SSD expansion. And it would be in the thread title.
You never know, I seem to remember either boost mode or supersampling mode not being in a beta release for the PS4 Pro and only coming out in the full release. But then again, Sony seems to be more on the ball on the software updates this gen than last.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Still not stable enough for me to remove the stand, damn. Maybe next update.

LongDongJunon

Nov 13, 2017
I just installed this update and it erased all my ps5 install game data lmao

Edit: correction, just my Far Cry 6 install data was erased. Not sure why, but prolly gonna chalk it up to another ubisoft bug.

Last edited: