• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017

5-Sea-Shore_2.png

7-PUBG_PatchNote-1.png

9-PUBG_PatchNote-3.png

10-PUBG_PatchNote-4.png

222-Karakin_Minimap-1.jpg

It's a North African island called Karakin, and it's absolutely tiny, a quarter of the size of Sanhok (2x2km, size comparison with Erangel for reference [it's that patch of sand on the lower island])
-64 players max
-No vehicles
-Regular frag grenades are replaced by sticky C4 that detonates several seconds after landing (it also makes a loud ringtone noise before detonating)
-There are destructible breach points and thin interior walls with bullet penetration/destruction as well as places that can only be accessed by bombs, such as a big underground tunnel system that stretches across the map
-The red zone is replaced by the "black zone"; a much smaller and shorter but constantly recurring event where an air raid siren goes off, an area with buildings is targeted, and two to four visible rockets will come down and completely destroy buildings (ie, it actually does what the OG red zone was supposed to do by flushing out campers).
-A Panzerfaust will be added as a Karakin exclusive weapon eventually
-Vikendi has been removed from public matchmaking as part of a new map rotation system. It'll receive a major revamp in the meantime.
-It's probably going live next week

The planes are called Motor Gliders and are live now:

They only spawn on Erangel and Miramar. They seat two people, guzzle gas heavily, and are super fragile (though if their HP is depleted mid-air, only the engine explodes and you can still glide it down to the ground).

They're basically giant meme vehicles. Although to be fair, this entire update almost feels like a meme update.

Thanathorn

Dec 10, 2019
Haven't played PUBG console in a while. I ended up enjoying the mobile version much more. I wanna see this stuff added to that version.

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
Not the update I was hoping for to be honest. The game is rapidly losing players and it's in a tough spot. Removing Vikendi is also quite a bummer, since they have revamped the map already not too long ago. I hope they'll add more meaningful season passes and better gameplay changes than a glider. The signal pistol update was quite nice back then but that's really it.

RoboitoAM

Oct 25, 2017
Vikendi isn't removed permanently, it's coming back

Game of the generation keeps getting better

Deleted member 15440

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i don't care that they removed vikendi, it had circle issues and ran like total garbage

but the new map looks worse, i don't like the small maps at all

pj-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Removing a map from rotation and decreasing the player count for a match seems inevitable for a dwindling player base

3 modes (squad, duos, solo) * TPP/FPP * number of regions * whatever number of maps there are now = way too many queues

Deleted member 1722

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Boy howdy I am having myself a TIME on Karakin! I am routinely getting 3-500 damage per match, which is a lot better than I typically do on the classic maps. I've seen a lot of posts on Reddit complaining about the loot table, but the BIG GUNS are actually there! You just have to breach into the hidden buildings and tunnels to find them. In a few of the towns there are above ground buildings with no way to enter besides blowing a hole in them.. thats where you'll find the scopes and DMRS on the new map. Very good time. I love how it feels like a tense Miramar battle from the get go.

I am excited to see what they do to Vikendi while its in the shop.

The gliders are a superb addition as well, though I haven't played with it much since I have been on test servers. PUBG 2020 is off to a great start!

RoboitoAM , i think we had a match together today. My name was Velocialume.

RoboitoAM

Oct 25, 2017
Boy howdy I am having myself a TIME on Karakin! I am routinely getting 3-500 damage per match, which is a lot better than I typically do on the classic maps. I've seen a lot of posts on Reddit complaining about the loot table, but the BIG GUNS are actually there! You just have to breach into the hidden buildings and tunnels to find them. In a few of the towns there are above ground buildings with no way to enter besides blowing a hole in them.. thats where you'll find the scopes and DMRS on the new map. Very good time. I love how it feels like a tense Miramar battle from the get go.

I am excited to see what they do to Vikendi while its in the shop.

The gliders are a superb addition as well, though I haven't played with it much since I have been on test servers. PUBG 2020 is off to a great start!

RoboitoAM , i think we had a match together today. My name was Velocialume.
Nope, I haven't played today! But I'm sure we've crossed paths at one point.