• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 1378

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
MOD EDIT
Update 2:
@everyone Just to confront the recent post by many on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/950741081150377985
https://twitter.com/NomComms/status/950740980243877888

The website update was purely in preparation for the launch, and the Switch was never promised at launch. It was always going to be a later thing when it was approved. Talks have been happening with Nintendo, Nintendo did respond and things have been talked about, what didn't happen was the final "okay" or "not okay" yet.

I hope this clears up confusion.
Note: This response is based off of what I know and not an official statement; things could change.

Update 1:

MOD EDIT OVER

Thought this was pretty sweet. Very glad to see the Joy Cons work, was kind of fearing you'd have to use a controller connected to the PC

Last edited by a moderator:

Heazy

IT Tech
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK
I'd be interested to see some realtime capture off the switch of this.

Rainway looks soo good, and the majority of what I've seen looks fantastic, however, this looks a tad choppy (putting it down to phone camera though)

Oct 25, 2017
Well this answers my question on how I can play it. How convenient!

Edit: Yeah hey sorry about that thread guys. I was completely embarassed about that. :(

Luchashaq

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I bought a second switch to keep old firmware just incase I can hack ps4 or pc remote play onto it one day.

Oct 26, 2017
Amalthea
Rainway looks great, but I really hope it works well.

Even with a wired and local connection I have struggled to get games running without any latency, much less a consistent connection on my PS4. Even Steam Link fails on me, too.

Wowfunhappy

Oct 27, 2017
Buy your games on PC and Nintendo gets 0 profit OR buy your games on the Switch and Nintendo gets some profit from every sale.

Yeah but come on, this isn't going to replace native Switch games. This only works with an internet connection, and I'm sure there's still some added input lag.

Not to say Nintendo will allow it, but I don't think either outcome is guaranteed. The dev clearly knows what he's doing and seems pretty confident, we'll see...

Oct 25, 2017
I will say this news is an interesting coincidence considering I had no clue about this before I posted the other backfired thread. I do hope this somehow see the light of the eShop, but I seriously have doubts.

CrunchyFrog

Oct 28, 2017
Why does every time this app gets shown off it's in the most ambiguous and wonky way possible? There's jump cuts all over, and if you can't just find a damn book or something to prop your phone against to film then just get your friend there to film at least a little bit solo. Everything about the way he's gone about marketing this thing has just been weirdly off.

That being said, I suppose it looks like it works, though I'd wager there's a good 0.1-0.15s lag based on that button press at the title screen and it looks to be running at maybe half the FPS of the original based on the choppiness of the map scroll. Still waiting on that devkit cert for eshop release.

they did, i remember them saying that nintendo gave them approval a long time ago.
I was very surprised.

Best I can find is that they confirmed switch as a "Scheduled client," which sounds profoundly weasel-word-y, and the rest of the tweet only talks about web browser support.

And before that all they said was that they had "heard back" from Nintendo would release good news soon. There's still no real hard confirmation that this will be getting an eShop release or that they even have a devkit.

Last edited:

Dingens

Circumventing ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
if this works without too much delay, I may finally have a reason to get MHW.
but since this is using wifi (right?) it may be somewhat laggy, I presume.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1378

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017

Looks like they're moving forward with Switch support as they're filming some kind of trailer

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Thread Title: "Rainway officially released on Switch; available now"

Top post: "it's vaporware. Nintendo would never allow it. I'll believe it when I see it."

Oct 29, 2017
So we're all just going to ignore that the video doesn't actually show anything at all? "I can't really play and record...." Why would you release the video then? Just film a proper video if it actually works

CoinStarDX

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So we're all just going to ignore that the video doesn't actually show anything at all? "I can't really play and record...." Why would you release the video then? Just film a proper video if it actually works
So you want them to shoot a direct feed video of a oc game running in a switch to prove that it's running on a switch?
Do you really want a n entire thread of people saying it wasn't really played on a switch?

The video shows exactly what they promised. A PC game being streamed to the switch. The person playing can't play well because cuphead is fucking hard, and they only had one hand. I don't really understand what you want them to do?

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
I don't know, sounds to good to be true. There has to be a hook, otherwise it would be... yeah, too good to be true.

Have Cuphead in my Steam library unplayed, wanted to wait until new year because of holidays. But I would love to play it on switch instead. If it works great that is.

Oct 29, 2017
So you want them to shoot a direct feed video of a oc game running in a switch to prove that it's running on a switch?
Do you really want a n entire thread of people saying it wasn't really played on a switch?

The video shows exactly what they promised. A PC game being streamed to the switch. The person playing can't play well because cuphead is fucking hard, and they only had one hand. I don't really understand what you want them to do?

Did you watch the video? No one plays the game at all in the video. It shows nothing. They aren't 'not playing well' they aren't playing it at all. If it works why is it so hard for them to make a simple video of it actually working?

PattonFiend

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This will not come out on Switch. They also avoid and refuse to answer direct questions about wether it will be released on the platform. They are doing this for publicity.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
This is never coming out on Switch and they're just teasing us for publicity.

EDIT: Or if it's coming out it'll be some hacky browser thing, not an actual eShop app.

It will be some browser thing, they already fooled us with pretending it will be a real app the first time this was announced, but then it came out that it won't be and will be browser based. I don't think that has changed.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
If this has joycon support on switch then it will likely have controller support on xbone as well.

Hope that the delay is minimal and that it's easy to launch games from the console once it detects the pc.

Edit: as for the video. This is indeed quite weird that they don't actually show someone playing on a switch, we can't see the lag or anything.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
Man you guys are starting to make me doubt that this is coming to Switch.

Oh well, it's announced for literally every other platform and no one doubts those, so I will just use it on my PS4, since Sony is so cool about allowing stuff like this.

GMM

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This will not come out on Switch. They also avoid and refuse to answer direct questions about wether it will be released on the platform. They are doing this for publicity.

It's probably coming out for Switch, but unless Nintendo allows them to publish it to the eshop, it will have to function with a weird browser hack like this:

Nintendo could easily patch this to not allow Rainway to function properly, but we will see.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Man you guys are starting to make me doubt that this is coming to Switch.

Oh well, it's announced for literally every other platform and no one doubts those, so I will just use it on my PS4, since Sony is so cool about allowing stuff like this.

They said that Nintendo hasn't confirmed or denied it, but are aware of its existence.

Business as usual.