• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
From Metro.co.uk (Article Taken Down, seems it was posted too early)

New Creature
Resident Evil is, and always should be, shlock horror and that's certainly how it's presented in terms of gameplay. From the gun shop Leon makes his way to the sewers and an encounter with both a giant alligator and a new creature that looks like a mini-William Birkin with the same sort of grotesque mutated eye.

Playable Ada
Capcom have already said that the majority of the game will follow the same design, including enemies, as the original, but there's a clear attempt to try and make things slightly more… if not realistic, then at least plausible. At this point you switch control to Ada, who we're appalled to find out, after emptying half a dozen bullets into a zombie's face, is armed with a useless little peashooter that's only good for staggering them for a second.

Mr. X
Mr. X is incredibly slow but the best you can hope to do is make him pause for a few seconds, and even that takes so much ammo it's not really worth it. Instead you're left to deal with the fact that he's constantly following you, his heavy footsteps always audible, and if you get yourself stuck in a dead end you're in serious trouble.

Playable Sherry
Our demo ends when we find all the electronic parts and the game switches to a cut scene showing Sherry's captor (we're trying not to spoil things if you don't know who it is). This is apparently a brand new playable section, not in the original game, where you get to play as Sherry in an area called the Orphanage. But we're only allowed a second's glimpse before the controls are wrestled away from us.

There's even more at the link. But it looks like these previews are quelling any of the remaining fears people might have had about the game. The giant alligator was reconfirmed as well.

Source: https://metro.co.uk/2018/11/27/resident-evil-2-hands-on-preview-undead-and-loving-it-8183491/amp/

To clarify why images were removed from the OP and one other post: We received a DMCA takedown notice from Capcom regarding the images in two specific posts. It is generally our policy to comply with legitimate DMCA requests. We do not go out of our way to hunt for similar material or posts that are not included in a DMCA notice.

All of this is very routine and entirely normal. Hope that clears things up! Now back to your regularly scheduled Resident Evil discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
When we met the makers of the Resident Evil 2 remake at Gamescom we admitted we felt strangely guilty about not having anything negative to say about their game. Previously we'd only played it for short 20-minute bursts, but last week we got around an hour on Leon's campaign and two hours on Claire's. And we still can't find anything wrong with it!

GOAT perfected

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
You fought one of Birkin's mutant spawn in the original game didn't you?
I don't think thats new.

Fubar

Oct 25, 2017
Digging these changes. They arent needless and for the sake of change, they're legitimately filling in holes and adding new content. Love it.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
so .... that trench coat is coming off afterall ..

Also, Mr X and a licker in the same room .. gonna be good seeing multiple different types of BOWs interacting.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
You fought one of Birkin's mutant spawn in the original game didn't you?
I don't think thats new.

So you cant kill Mr. X in exchange for getting some new cool weapons?

Exactly, the thing was born out of that Journalist in the cell, who got infected by Birkin.

For the sake of the journalist. I'll take their word even if they might be wrong. If more previews hit we'll know and I can change accordingly.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Interesting bit about Ada's gameplay

Capcom have already said that the majority of the game will follow the same design, including enemies, as the original, but there's a clear attempt to try and make things slightly more… if not realistic, then at least plausible. At this point you switch control to Ada, who we're appalled to find out, after emptying half a dozen bullets into a zombie's face, is armed with a useless little peashooter that's only good for staggering them for a second.

What she does have though is an 'EMF visualiser' which is a little handheld device that allows her to see electric cables and switches in walls and turn them on and off. This is used for a number of puzzles involving exploding fans and opening doors, and while it's all very simplistic it looks like a useful palette cleanser from the rest of the game.

Ada's sequences seems to be even more horror-focused than Leon and Claire

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
Well, there's original Ada outfit under the coat, to the surprise of no one haha.

Now let us see her new face without glasses.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Me every time I see something from this game:

4wi4XZ3.jpg

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
For the sake of the journalist. I'll take their word even if they might be wrong. If more previews hit we'll know and I can change accordingly.
The demo level can be altered, what irks me is that from the description it seems to go Racoon City Streets -> Gun Shop -> sewers -> RCPD, which sounds odd to me and nothing like in the original, while the preview states that its pretty much like in the game.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Wow spoilers, what they showed so far mostly looked like a copy & paste of RE2 in HD, this is showing it is truly much more, i wish i was surprised by this, they really should have saved this info & hit us with a curve ball on release.

King Dodongo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully the new creature won't be like the one in Revelations. It was annoying and could kill you in one attack.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
Oh goody, more creepy playrooms.

As often as I've played RE7 I still dread the old children's area. Those three or so rooms are just freaky as hell.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
i'm so happy red dress ada is in and that playable sherry section sounds like a great addition. goty 2019!!

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
This 100% was posted too early I think, seems to be taken down, but yeah, it's out there now.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
This game is a pure and complete dream come true for me.

Resident Evil 2 is my favourite game on the PlayStation and quite possibly my favourite game of all time.

Oct 29, 2017
I dont really like resident evil but this really looks better and better every time they show it. How long do people think its gonna be?

Jun 18, 2018

Mr X and a Licker in the same room together? Brilliant! I hope Mr X has been influenced by Nemesis & Jack and can now follow you intelligently around parts of the world, cross into new rooms and interrupt combat with other enemies.

[EDIT] Well, it looks like the second shot of Claire confirms that. Zoom in and it looks like Mr X's silhouette is barging through the door in the background.

Jun 18, 2018
Any word on how the gameplay is? Is it fluid and responsive or tanky like rdr and 5?

You can move when your game is aiming, but it's not clear if you can strafe when your gun is lowered.

RDR2 isn't tanky, it's just got horrible input lag and completing currently playing animations take priority over changing anims to match updated inputs :(