• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Is it just me, or does it seem like, even though Leon and Claire are aware of each other, their Campaigns diverge much more like in 1.5. In fact, a LOT of inspiration from this game comes from RE 1.5 and it is amazing.

This makes me think of how underused the "being infected with plaga" was in RE4. I always thought that at the parts where Leon loses consciousness, after the lake, and while attacking Ada, it would have been rad to let us play through some of the Hallucination scenes from RE 3.5 as a way to help us visualize the duality of Leon's infection.

it would have been a great way to include lost material in a way that is relevant to RE4, both in giving substance to the "infected" angle that ultimately never entered into gameplay in RE4, and it would have given us brief fixed camera horror bits to break up the action even more.

A lot of the hallucinatory RE 3.5 bits took inspiration from Evil Dead, just as ultimately, the final RE4 did also.

I'd shit myself if Leon gets infected in this and you get to play a small sample of RE1.5, hell 1.5 would be a sweet unlockable.

>__

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
Get that hype!

b2otWrJ.gif

Bless these posts

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I really just wanna see Hunk Gameplay.
If Hunk can do Neckbreaker in this, GOTY all years.
That's the only actiony Resident Evil I want, a full HUNK game. Or playing a Special Operation Umbrella Grunt. In the vein of Not a Hero, but a full game.

7pnl6yz7eas01.jpg

I hope to god his segment is expanded. Any details on that so far?

Booga

Alt account
Banned
Sep 15, 2018
He actually sports a leather jacket in the beginning. He only changes his clothes when he meets Marvin in the RPD.
It isn't shown in the demo though.
I saw this, but I have no idea if it is a leather jacket or not. It is certainly shiny, but most things are in the rain. Unless there are more pics of this?
outside-e1528838463751.png

I'd shit myself if Leon gets infected in this and you get to play a small sample of RE1.5, hell 1.5 would be a sweet unlockable.

It would be an interesting angle. It works better for RE4 because A -Leon does get infected, and B-RE3.5 was like a fever dream in parts anyway, so including small sections of RE 3.5 would act like fever dreams/hallucinations that Leon is having after the plaga infection.

That being said, if Leon gets bit a-la Jill in RE3, it would be cool if he feverishly calls Clair Eliza or something. That would be a cool not. But in another sense ALL of this REmake is a shoutout to RE 1.5 as they are using dozens of scrapped concepts and assets as inspiration for new elements in this game.

Of course, when RE3make comes out, they could certainly give us some more enjoyable illustrations of what happens to Jill while infected. I seriously can't wait to see how they redesign Jill for that remake. If it is in line with Claire in this one, then we are in good hands.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I saw this, but I have no idea if it is a leather jacket or not. It is certainly shiny, but most things are in the rain. Unless there are more pics of this?
outside-e1528838463751.png

It would be an interesting angle. It works better for RE4 because A -Leon does get infected, and B-RE3.5 was like a fever dream in parts anyway, so including small sections of RE 3.5 would act like fever dreams/hallucinations that Leon is having after the plaga infection.

That being said, if Leon gets bit a-la Jill in RE3, it would be cool if he feverishly calls Clair Eliza or something. That would be a cool not. But in another sense ALL of this REmake is a shoutout to RE 1.5 as they are using dozens of scrapped concepts and assets as inspiration for new elements in this game.

Of course, when RE3make comes out, they could certainly give us some more enjoyable illustrations of what happens to Jill while infected. I seriously can't wait to see how they redesign Jill for that remake. If it is in line with Claire in this one, then we are in good hands.

He does wear a leather jacket. It would glitch in some of the E3 demos to him still wearing it.
He goes to the RPD wearing it and then changes into the RPD Officer Uniform. Which is why in the E3 demo it seemed like he was putting on his clothes again.

DoDZyWEWkAE4q-i.jpg

DoDZ4MQWkAUL6Dh.jpg

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Leon gotta tell me how he keeps his hair that way for so many games.

He must use some magic ass gel.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Iirc one of the main reasons they didn't go for this was because it got hella dark and ended with Leon dying on top of it being way too supernatural for the series, (an ironic reason after RE7's little ghost girl trope)

Leon was supposed to die in RE 3.5? We have more details about its original plot?

Booga

Alt account
Banned
Sep 15, 2018
He does wear a leather jacket. It would glitch in some of the E3 demos to him still wearing it.
He goes to the RPD wearing it and then changes into the RPD Officer Uniform. Which is why in the E3 demo it seemed like he was putting on his clothes again.

DoDZyWEWkAE4q-i.jpg

DoDZ4MQWkAUL6Dh.jpg
Oh man, no.

That is a raincoat not a leather jacket. Not sure how you thought that was leather, look at how big and flowy it is, and also made of Rincoat rubber/rubberized canvas, and also colored like a raincoat, with the same eyelet breathing vents behind the neck that a raincoat has.

Well back to square one. Because there is no hope in hell that that is a leather jacket now. Poop.

Booga

Alt account
Banned
Sep 15, 2018
I have never heard of him dying in 3.5. Where has that been said. Here is a crazy detailed account of RE4, including ALL the known elements of ALL the different versions that got cancelled, including detailed explanations of how two of them became Haunting Grounds and DMC respectively.

Sadly this fella, and most accounts I have read don't detail plot elements of him dying, but that is certainly interesting is true.

and here is another great retrospective on RE4 and what it did to/for the series and action games in general.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Hunk mode will end up having RE6 gameplay. It's the only part of the game where such a thing would make sense.

And I'd take it.

Read this post Capcom. Hunk and Tofu modes must play like RE6.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Thank goodness they kept the red dress (at least in some form), that trench coat looked super silly.

Curious to see how 'hard' the Ada sections will be, though - given that in RE4 and 6 she controls just as well as Leon or the rest of the gang, and has weapons that are just as good.

Can't wait for release!

JumpCancel

Oct 26, 2017
It's hard for me to maintain my media blackout on this game, post reveal. Thankfully the images have been removed so I can't see them.

I can't wait to get my hands on REmake2.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Will I be able to get the deluxe costumes in game or do they only come with the deluxe version?

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
Leon was supposed to die in RE 3.5? We have more details about its original plot?

I have never heard of him dying in 3.5. Where has that been said. Here is a crazy detailed account of RE4, including ALL the known elements of ALL the different versions that got cancelled, including detailed explanations of how two of them became Haunting Grounds and DMC respectively.
I think this interview is the only time this was explicitly confirmed, but I could be wrong on that.

Booga

Alt account
Banned
Sep 15, 2018
I think this interview is the only time this was explicitly confirmed, but I could be wrong on that.

"His arm was gonna turn into a 15 foot snake and kill him"

I suspect that, though that may have been one of many "fun ideas" tossed around, it seems a bit silly so I doubt it ever got past "fun idea" stage.

I'm gonna call this one a write off as, having worked on a lot of VO recordings, I know that in the early stages of game development, a lot of ideas get thrown about.

I don't think this was ever supposed to be the official ending, so Im hesitant to say it didn't take off because it was too dark and he was supposed to die. Not that that wouldn't be amazing, just that it's a bit ridiculous.

Of course, RE has been known to be absolutely ridiculous on occasion from even the very first game, so, who knows.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty sure removing the pics from the OP was done more as a courtesy from Era's mods/admins versus Capcom making Jaw remove them.

This is in the OP:

(Screenshots removed at Capcom request)

So .. ya know .. same thing happened back on GAF when EA/Bioware requested the mods/admins to remove the datamined ME3 content. Not a biggy though. This clearly went up much sooner than it was meant to.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
This is in the OP:

(Screenshots removed at Capcom request)

So .. ya know .. same thing happened back on GAF when EA/Bioware requested the mods/admins to remove the datamined ME3 content. Not a biggy though. This clearly went up much sooner than it was meant to.
They're just screenshots, it's not like the game's script got leaked or something. If it's out, it should be fair game.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
They're just screenshots, it's not like the game's script got leaked or something. If it's out, it should be fair game.

The screens showed new locations, Ada's *iconic* red dress and 2 more playable characters, granted which were expected .. but not officially revealed yet. I can understand if Capcom didn't want that article up before a possible new rumored trailer in December.

Will this game have an easy mode? I'm so bad at horror games, but I really want to play this!

Odds are high. The game play elements in this look like RE7 in third person, and that game had an easy mode.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
The screens showed new locations, Ada's *iconic* red dress and 2 more playable characters, granted which were expected .. but not officially revealed yet. I can understand if Capcom didn't want that article up before a possible new rumored trailer in December.

Not to be pedantic, but I'm sure I'm one quick search away from finding those images if I wanted them. Capcom policing the internet over them seems about as effective as youtube trying to take down leaked trailers.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Not to be pedantic, but I'm sure I'm one quick search away from finding those images if I wanted them. Capcom policing the internet over them seems about as effective as youtube trying to take down leaked trailers.

I mean .. yeah .. once something is out on the internet .. there's no taking it off completely. It's just bad luck on Capcom's release schedule part. And I sincerely hope Metro doesn't get any kind of negative consequences out of it.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
I mean .. yeah .. once something is out on the internet .. there's no taking it off completely. It's just bad luck on Capcom's release schedule part. And I sincerely hope Metro doesn't get any kind of negative consequences out of it.
The bottom line is: if someone reposts them from another source and shares them here, does Capcom have the right to wag a finger at us and/or the mods and say 'you can't post those'?

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
I think allowing publishers to dictate what can and can't be posted on the site sets a terrible precedent. Hell even if it was the whole script they should never have this kind of influence on independent forums.

AdaWong

Nov 1, 2017
Raccoon City
Oh, they sadly probably will. Capcom went batshit insane over the first Ada leak with a lot of people who were sharing it, even banning IG accounts over it lol.

And they seem pissed about this red dress leak as well, since their PR people made multiple comments about the situation and the RE official Twitter was scrambling to distract and change the subject with fans the moment the screenshots leaked. Best believe their legal team will go in on Metro as well with this red dress leak :/

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017

Sadly this fella, and most accounts I have read don't detail plot elements of him dying, but that is certainly interesting is true.
Trying to remember where I read the original plot details.