• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Do we know anything about difficulty options and how the game saves? I presume the game uses checkpoints like the newer entries, but it would be really cool if on a higher difficulty, the player could save only by finding ink ribbons and using them with typewriters.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm not a big RE fan so I have not followed this game at all.

But I figure this is a good thread to ask --

Will this still have the stupid tank style controls?? Because that's a dealbreaker to me

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Do we know anything about difficulty options and how the game saves? I presume the game uses checkpoints like the newer entries, but it would be really cool if on a higher difficulty, the player could save only by finding ink ribbons and using them with typewriters.

We've heard there's three difficulties, two at the start and one unlockable. The unlockable difficulty uses ink ribbons, the first two at the start uses checkpoints and such.

I'm not a big RE fan so I have not followed this game at all.

But I figure this is a good thread to ask --

Will this still have the stupid tank style controls?? Because that's a dealbreaker to me

It does not. In fact, the last few Resident Evil games have not.

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
The technical detail put into the game is quite amazing, and seeing the level of attention from RE7 onward is amazing. I am still personally "meh" with the game, but I will definitely check it out regardless. A remake of my second favorite RE game is going to grab my attention no matter what.

Oct 28, 2017
That is not fanfuckingtastic if true. If true that sucks as they have learned nothing from RE7. Limited saves being exclusive to the unlockable super hard difficulty is utter bullshit. I want the true RE experience on a first playthrough. RE7 was missing a difficulty. It needed a difficulty in between normal and madhouse. A difficulty that was similar to normal but with limited saves. I was hoping RE2 would do this.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That is not fanfuckingtastic if true. If true that sucks as they have learned nothing from RE7. Limited saves being exclusive to the unlockable super hard difficulty is utter bullshit. I want the true RE experience on a first playthrough. RE7 was missing a difficulty. It needed a difficulty in between normal and madhouse. A difficulty that was similar to normal but with limited saves. I was hoping RE2 would do this.
yeah, I understand. That would have been preferable, yes, but I'm still happy that it's there.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Without going into it too much, I currently have a theory that the game has a "New Game+" customization menu that allows you to alter various things for personal enjoyment/replayability, so while there's three core difficulties that change some aspects of the game and arrange them, I think there's more things you can change for each difficulty with the customization options (we have it confirmed that you can turn your "armor", aka how much damage you take, to be more or less on New Game+, as well as things like turn Infinite ammo on, there's various screen filters, and I believe other things they haven't revealed yet).

Raptor

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"After emptying half a dozen bullets into a zombie's face"

Half a dozen to a zombies face and doesnt mention if that killed it sounds really bad, like the worse case of bullet sponge enemy I have ever read.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
With the style of game this is being, I'm A-OK with ink ribbons not being mandatory for saving. But yes, it would be OK if it was a customizable option for those who want it.

Bud_Brigman

Nov 17, 2017
Glad to hear the previews are going well. Resident Evil 2 is still my favorite, story-wise, of the series. I've wanted Capcom to revisit it since REmake.

That said, I'm on blackout. I don't wanna know nothing. No thing.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Most likely, but they've been adverse of sharing details on it except that it's unlockable and you use ink ribbons to save.

But as I said a bit above, we also have confirmation there's some customizable options on New Game+, we don't know all of them yet, but we know a few include an ability to adjust your "armor" (IE, how much each attack damages you) on New Game + to have more or less "armor", Infinite Ammo can be turned on/off, you can change screen filters, and other things we may not know about yet.

Booga

Alt account
Banned
Sep 15, 2018
Without going into it too much, I currently have a theory that the game has a "New Game+" customization menu that allows you to alter various things for personal enjoyment/replayability, so while there's three core difficulties that change some aspects of the game and arrange them, I think there's more things you can change for each difficulty with the customization options (we have it confirmed that you can turn your "armor", aka how much damage you take, to be more or less on New Game+, as well as things like turn Infinite ammo on, there's various screen filters, and I believe other things they haven't revealed yet).
On the easier difficulty, do zombies go down from a couple well placed headshots?

I'm not sure what the previews have their difficulties set to, but seeing zombies have their heads decimated with shotguns or a half dozen direct bullets and keep on going is just crazy.

The potentially unannounced options for new game+, they wouldn't involve fixed camera angles would they?