• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
We have countless threads on leaked stuff. Why should this be any different?

Because someone at Capcom most likely politely reached out to the staff and asked it to be taken down .. like you said earlier, the staff may not have any obligation to, but this doesn't seem like the kind of thing to turn down, especially when we will be revisiting this discussion again when the next trailer etc comes out revealing these things formally.

It's probably a lot more harmless than you think :p

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Why is a video game forum trying to suppress video game news?

I didn't realise ERA was part of Capcom's marketing department.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In the scenario we have where Capcom has this stuff laid out months (maybe even a year) in advance and some website leaks a bunch of spoilery screenshots and details, yeah they have every right to ask that the images posted on a forum with a lot of traffic be taken down. I mean, be glad it was just the pictures that got took down and not the direct quotes from the article.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Why is a video game forum trying to suppress video game news?

I didn't realise ERA was part of Capcom's marketing department.
Because a lot of people here enjoy being corporate ballwashers as Durante would say.

In the scenario we have where Capcom has this stuff laid out months (maybe even a year) in advance and some website leaks a bunch of spoilery screenshots and details, yeah they have every right to ask that the images posted on a forum with a lot of traffic be taken down. I mean, be glad it was just the pictures that got took down and not the direct quotes from the article.
Yes and the forum should not comply because they're not part of their marketing department and have no obligation to do so. It sets a terrible precedent.

Oct 25, 2017
Capcom has a marketing plan with planned schedule , one of the partners accidentally posted a preview ahead of the planned time that is Co-determined with Capcom , Capcom as much as they can gently asks the websites/forums who reposted the accidental preview if they can cooperate and fix the accident in order for the game to have its planned marketing schedule , mods of that website cooperated and helped Capcom with this , Can't see something wrong with that

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I played that game but I don't like it , come on. Don't need to shit on other game just because Nauty Dog is god in your eyes.

So by me saying TLOU2 is most likely to win GOTY (which, let's be honest, it will if it is released in 2019), is shitting on RE2R? Give me a break.

I'm excited for RE2 as much as anyone but let's not kid ourselves here, it will hopefully be a great game but TLOU2 will take plaudits. I don't even own a PS4 so not a ND fanboy in any sense

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
Capcom has a marketing plan with planned schedule , one of the partners accidentally posted a preview ahead of the planned time that is Co-determined with Capcom , Capcom as much as they can gently asks the websites/forums who reposted the accidental preview if they can cooperate and fix the accident in order for the game to have its planned marketing schedule , mods of that website cooperated and helped Capcom with this , Can't see something wrong with that
We have no idea how 'gentle' the request was, if at all.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017

You can't see the issue of the administration listening to the whims of companies in a message board ?

This is not a board made with the purpose of facilitating a company's marketing schedule, and I say this as I am very excited with RE2R. This just means that Resetera is not a safe place to share information from here on out

raygcon

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So by me saying TLOU2 is most likely to win GOTY (which, let's be honest, it will if it is released in 2019), is shitting on RE2R? Give me a break.

I'm excited for RE2 as much as anyone but let's not kid ourselves here, it will hopefully be a great game but TLOU2 will take plaudits. I don't even own a PS4 so not a ND fanboy in any sense

I know, and I hate that kind of assumption. Anything Naughty Dog or Hideo Kojima will take the price by default? What a boring world we live in.
BTW, RE2 is not a kind of game that will win GOTY anyway. Just don't throw that assumption around, it's ridiculous, let people enjoy what they like.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018

Who cares about TLOU2 in a RE2 thread?
We are discussunig RE2 not TLOU, you are going off topic derailing the thread.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
You can't see the issue of the administration listening to the whims of companies in a message board ?

This is not a board made with the purpose of facilitating a company's marketing schedule, and I say this as I am very excited with RE2R. This just means that Resetera is not a safe place to share information from here on out
I realized that since the crackdown on scans. I can post scans from magazines at other MBs I go to and no one cares at all.

Not trying to be on a pedestal, but I think the staff is a little too trigger happy about keeping media under wraps when companies cry wolf.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All I have to say about this is who gives a shit what capcom wants? If something leaked or was released by someone else and they weren't supposed to let them pay the consequences for that. No one else has any obligation to listen to Capcom.

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I was a bit taken aback when I saw that edited message in the OP. But I guess that's what you get when a considerable number of your staff is openly associated with video-game press. You don't really want to be on a publisher's bad side.

I understand but I don't agree.

Canas Renvall

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
Again, how do we know this was polite? For all we know Capcom sent them a clearly worded demand.

Even if it was polite, mods are under no obligation to comply. It's just screenshots. An international multi-million dollar company will be okay.
How do you know it wasn't polite?

And just because they have no legal obligation to comply, they can absolutely do so of their own volition. Leaks and broken embargoes can severely hurt developer morale. They have this great, exciting roadmap set up to please the fans... and when someone ruins that, it's just crushing. Years of work and careful planning shattered.

There's no legal obligation, but it's empathetic to devs. Not to mention, by showing goodwill with complying, it makes it more likely that Capcom will share more info more often in the future instead of pulling the cards closer to their chest.

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
It was polite request and we already settled they don't have to, but choose to do so. Your tears won't change that.

How do you know? If I politely request them to put it back up will they do so? Shouldn't the wishes of the users who make up this site count for more than a publisher trying to flog its product?

Why are you so sycophantic towards the publisher? Making a game series you like doesn't mean they're your buddies. Companies should learn to roll with events rather then going scorched earth and trying to erase information already in the public domain as some part of inflexible marketing campaign.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
How do you know it wasn't polite?

And just because they have no legal obligation to comply, they can absolutely do so of their own volition. Leaks and broken embargoes can severely hurt developer morale. They have this great, exciting roadmap set up to please the fans... and when someone ruins that, it's just crushing. Years of work and careful planning shattered.

I really, really think you're giving them too much credit.

If it sets precedence where any company can politely ask Era mods and admins to erase leaked info and they choose to comply, than that's fine by me.
What happens when it's not leaked? What if it was at a press conference in another country and they want to control when and whom gets to see it? That's not controlling a leak, that's being repressive.

It's basically all one giant corporate initiative. The only reason they're pissed is probably because money exchanged hands for exclusivity and now that's impossible.

Mr_Zombie

Oct 27, 2017
Poland
function scrollToId(selector, offset = 60) { window.scroll(0, document.querySelector(selector).offsetTop - offset); return false } I realized that since the crackdown on scans. I can post scans from magazines at other MBs I go to and no one cares at all.

Scans are banned because they are like a piracy - you take a part of paid magazine (or book, or whatever) and publish it for free for others to see.

MrCarter

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why are people bickering over a few scans? Calm down. There are far worse things to get annoyed about.

icecream

Oct 27, 2017
Scans are banned because they are like a piracy - you take a part of paid magazine (or book, or whatever) and publish it for free for others to see.
Which is silly, especially in the case of Famitsu, where sites and forums instead just post all the relevant info so you have all the details anyway, just not the actual scan itself.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Which is silly, especially in the case of Famitsu, where sites and forums instead just post all the relevant info so you have all the details anyway, just not the actual scan itself.

Likewise, the blurbs and relevant content from the article are still up on the OP, only the images are removed on Capcom's request. They didn't ask the entire topic to be scrubbed.

Let's not all become conspiracy theorists about it now, Capcom probably asked and the moderator acknowledged. Doesn't mean the staff here is in bed with capcom or beholden to game publishers, it was probably just a simple ask and acknowledgment scenario.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
If you have any questions about policy, you can reach out to an admin, but this is not the place for this and it has completely derailed the thread.

Please get back on topic. Any further derailments will be actioned. Thank you.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
So I wonder how Robert Kendo and Ben Bertolucci will look since they change many of the outfits and appearances for characters.

Will they get expanded roles too and could they even change when we see them in this version?

Dark_Chris

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Czech republic
So I wonder how Robert Kendo and Ben Bertolucci will look since they change many of the outfits and appearances for characters.

Will they get expanded roles too and could they even change when we see them in this version?
Article definitely hinted at some tragic scene in Kendo Gun Shop. I think it's fair to say Kendo's role will be same, but more fleshed out.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Article definitely hinted at some tragic scene in Kendo Gun Shop. I think it's fair to say Kendo's role will be same, but more fleshed out.

Maybe Kendo makes multiple appearances in the game .. you see him near the start of the game, he gets bitten but escapes and that Ada/Leon scenario where they're searching for the sewers and run into another Kendop shop is where they see him succumb to his wounds and become a zombie.

Or maybe that other little girl we've seen in the TGS trailer is Kendo's daughter and she turns in that scene. The article blurb did say that they're trying to make cut-scenes and dialogues like The Last of Us, and TLoU's opening is the first thing that comes to mind.