• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Markitron

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
Absolutely terrible. The videos I've watched were terrible, too. Looks more like Revelations 2 than RE 2.
I can't figure out how someone could come to this conclusion. Have you actually seen either of these games?

No Crimson Heads is kind of a bummer.
It makes sense to me, there was more backtracking to and in the Spencer mansion. RE2 moved locations a bit more frequently, and it seems that the remake is expanding on this.

Really Hoping we get a Jill, Nemesis, or Brad Cameo considering the Events of 2 & 3 pretty much intersect within the same vicinity for the most part. I would lose my shit if we got a hidden nemesis boss fight. Very wishful thinking though.
IIRC Jill is completely passed out in the church during the events of RE2. A Carlos cameo would be more likely.

Last edited:

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game is gonna be great! I wonder what they did to enhance the replay value.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Cant wait for this to come out, pre-ordered the deluxe edition last night. The theme you get on PS4 is really nice.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I can't figure out how someone could come to this conclusion. Have you actually seen either of these games?

It makes sense to me, there was more backtracking to and in the Spencer mansion. RE2 moved locations a bit more frequently, and it seems that the remake is expanding on this.

IIRC Jill is completely passed out in the church during the events of RE2. A Carlos cameo would be more likely.

I thought it was kinda all over the place if i remember correctly, but you could be right. It's all a blur to me at this point

Markitron

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
I thought it was kinda all over the place if i remember correctly, but you could be right. It's all a blur to me at this point
Yea there's a fairly well established timeline. RE3 starts on either the 27th or 28th of September, Jill takes a hit from the Nemesis and is out for 3 days whilst Carlos is looking for a cure. She wakes up on Oct 1st and the game continues from there. RE2 is set entirely on the 29th, so Jill has already been and gone. I expect them to insert plenty of references into it though, such as holes in the wall where Nemesis busts thru to get to Jill, and I'm fairly certain Zombie Vickers will be there to kill after his encounter with Nemesis.

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
They say they know there's still many people who played the original fixed camera horror games and are impressed, and they haven't ruled out ever going back to the style yet, but they hope that users can experience this game with it's new perspective and come to love what they've done to realize horror from this perspective.

Where?

門井:タイトルは知っているが固定カメラで古いゲームという印象の人も多いと思います。今作は"今、ゲームを遊んでいる人"がスムーズにプレイできるように作り直しています

Here they say that they think many people see fixed camera angles being a feature of "old games" and that the game is being made so that people who play games today can have a smooth exp.

Did I skip over something?

but it does function different than how it did in the original RE2. In the original RE2 the music would change at room changes or key events, while playing the original OST in this version the music changes depending on the situation.

Maybe I'm wrong, but the Japanese seems to say that the NEW ost changes according to the situation.

Didn't he literally have a medieval torture chamber hidden in the RPD, does this imply it's going to go further than that?

That's Irons' taxidermy... Work station.

Last edited:

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Yea there's a fairly well established timeline. RE3 starts on either the 27th or 28th of September, Jill takes a hit from the Nemesis and is out for 3 days whilst Carlos is looking for a cure. She wakes up on Oct 1st and the game continues from there. RE2 is set entirely on the 29th, so Jill has already been and gone. I expect them to insert plenty of references into it though, such as holes in the wall where Nemesis busts thru to get to Jill, and I'm fairly certain Zombie Vickers will be there to kill after his encounter with Nemesis.

Wow I was totally off then. Thanks for that enlightenment

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
Why would RE3 be an expansion when the original is markedly different from 2 in the first place? They aren't building an entire game built around Nemesis (that would have to have almost revolutionary AI in this day and age) with a bunch of new areas as an expansion pack.

Why do you think they wouldn't put a bunch of new areas in an expansion pack, when expansion packs are basically defined by taking the gameplay of the main game (sometimes with extra stuff) and setting it in entirely new areas? Uncharted: The Lost Legacy and the Witcher 3 expansions, from what I know, were set in totally new locations with no re-use at all. Nemesis would be fine if they prepare for making him by enhancing the AI of Birkin and Mr X to make them smarter and more Nemesis-like - he would be worth the extra work, as the main selling point of the expansion. RE3 could very well be done as an extensive $40 expansion - stuff like The Lost Legacy and Blood&Wine tend to rival a lot of normal games in length.

Part of the reason I think they might go this way is that redoing RE3 as its own $60 game might come across as a little content-light. RE2 has the Claire campaign, the Leon campaign, the Hunk and Tofu bonus mode, and whatever this mysterious playtime-increasing thing is that they're hinting at, not to mention the possibility of something like Mercenaries or Extreme Battle Mode. RE3 having nothing but a Jill campaign could be a little tough to market as a full game, even if that campaign really was more fully-featured than any of RE2's. It would make total sense as a $40 standalone though.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
"-They confirm there's nothing like Crimson Heads in REmake 2."

IDontBelieveYou.gif

God I can't wait for this game..

Markitron

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
Why do you think they wouldn't put a bunch of new areas in an expansion pack, when expansion packs are basically defined by taking the gameplay of the main game (sometimes with extra stuff) and setting it in entirely new areas? Uncharted: The Lost Legacy and the Witcher 3 expansions, from what I know, were set in totally new locations with no re-use at all. Nemesis would be fine if they prepare for making him by enhancing the AI of Birkin and Mr X to make them smarter and more Nemesis-like - he would be worth the extra work, as the main selling point of the expansion. RE3 could very well be done as an extensive $40 expansion - stuff like The Lost Legacy and Blood&Wine tend to rival a lot of normal games in length.

Part of the reason I think they might go this way is that redoing RE3 as its own $60 game might come across as a little content-light. RE2 has the Claire campaign, the Leon campaign, the Hunk and Tofu bonus mode, and whatever this mysterious playtime-increasing thing is that they're hinting at, not to mention the possibility of something like Mercenaries or Extreme Battle Mode. RE3 having nothing but a Jill campaign could be a little tough to market as a full game, even if that campaign really was more fully-featured than any of RE2's. It would make total sense as a $40 standalone though.
I think RE3 as an extensive expansion is do-able, but I can't see Capcom doing it. The Nemesis wouldn't need some crazy AI either, it's not gonna be a stealth game so he would really just boil down to being a frequent optional boss, just like he was in the original. I think they will be full steam ahead on Resi 8 after this comes out so it's not likely.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA

Definitely agree that RE3 needs to be it's own game rather than an expansion. They could definitely flesh a lot of things out. Possibly give carlos more of a leading role. or play a lot of the ubcs members in more significance possibly, but definitely the framework and foundation that will be made in the RE2 remake will setup a pretty nice precedence to bring an RE3 remake...or at least i'd hope so knowing how well this title will be received on top of sales. Pace wise it would prob come out after RE8 for sure so not holding my breath of seeing anything in that regard anytime soon.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
I imagine they will eventually get around to a REMAK3, but I think it will be some years down the road.

rude

Oct 25, 2017

Because Capcom would give the exact same thought and effort to reinventing 3 that they gave to 2, which is supposedly made of 60% new content as per Dusk Golem. I doubt it would be cheap enough to justify an expansion pack price even with asset reusage.

And a potential R3make wouldn't even be out for 3-4 years anyway, nullifying the idea that it would even be marketed as an "expansion" in the first place.
I think RE3 as an extensive expansion is do-able, but I can't see Capcom doing it. The Nemesis wouldn't need some crazy AI either, it's not gonna be a stealth game so he would really just boil down to being a frequent optional boss, just like he was in the original. I think they will be full steam ahead on Resi 8 after this comes out so it's not likely.
I doubt Capcom would just copy and paste the way Nemesis works from the original to the remake considering they're not even doing that with MINOR bosses in the 2 remake but okay.

Markitron

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
I imagine they will eventually get around to a REMAK3, but I think it will be some years down the road.
I don't know if they will bother tbh, it doesn't have the same resonance with fans that RE1 and RE2 had. Even now it's towards the bottom of most RE lists (not mine).

By the time they will be getting around to it, RE4 will be 15 years old, I can see them just going straight onto that one.

Oct 28, 2017
Didn't he literally have a medieval torture chamber hidden in the RPD, does this imply it's going to go further than that?

It sounds to me like he's gonna be sticking around long enough to terrorize Claire and Sherry in the sewers. Which kinda makes sense, since it seems like Birkin is the RPD boss enemy in Claire's scenario, and we all know what happens to Irons.

There's this file from RE:Outbreak that hints at what Irons does for fun:

AN EERIE VOICE FROM UNDERGROUND
Recently there is spooky talk around South Campbell street. It is said that groans can be heard from the drainage system at night.

It is easy to dismiss it as a ghost story that middle school students love to talk about on camping nights.
But the amount of missing people has increased rapidly at this locale for the past month.

8 people have gone missing. Strangely, the missing people have a lot in common: They are all single white females aged 18 to 23 with beautiful blonde hair.

The street was wrapped in a dense fog the day after they went missing. From the sewer drain, which runs north-south along the street, a woman's constrained voice could be heard for several hours.

Of course, the drainage sewers have been thoroughly investigated. But neither the missing person nor any traces have been found..

The Police Department has so far denied the relationship with the bizarre incidents that have rapidly increased after the mansion incident. However, the events must be related.

Last edited:

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if they will bother tbh, it doesn't have the same resonance with fans that RE1 and RE2 had. Even now it's towards the bottom of most RE lists (not mine).

By the time they will be getting around to it, RE4 will be 15 years old, I can see them just going straight onto that one.

God I hope not. As much as I deeply love RE4, it has been released so many damn times that it needs time to breathe, that's why I hope they wait 5 or more years and then do RE3, that would probably drive people crazy for RE4 (also I can't believe how old that game is now jesus)

Markitron

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
I doubt Capcom would just copy and paste the way Nemesis works from the original to the remake considering they're not even doing that with MINOR bosses in the 2 remake but okay.
Like, that's not at all what I was suggesting. I was saying that, in that scenario, he's not going to have some crazy advanced AI ala Alien Isolation. Just that he would be an elaborate version of a standard boss from the base game.

God I hope not. As much as I deeply love RE4, it has been released so many damn times that it needs time to breathe, that's why I hope they wait 5 or more years and then do RE3, that would probably drive people crazy for RE4 (also I can't believe how old that game is now jesus)

Assuming the start making it in 2020, it probably won't be out till 2023, which will have been about 7 years after the last HD release 2 years ago. I don't see the problem with them tarting up RE4, but then I buy ever single version that they release.

Where they fuck is my Switch version of RE4 Capcom!

Rogote

Oct 25, 2017
The remake guys already said at some point that they would like to do RE3 as well if RE2 does well enough. I personally think RE3make is already on pre-production and if the game sells well in month 1 they'll give the go ahead to go full steam ahead, and I would welcome it. RE3 was always good to me and the things they could do to improve the fuck out of it in this REmake2 formula... Nemesis could be absolutely terrifying.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Like, that's not at all what I was suggesting. I was saying that, in that scenario, he's not going to have some crazy advanced AI ala Alien Isolation. Just that he would be an elaborate version of a standard boss from the base game.

Assuming the start making it in 2020, it probably won't be out till 2023, which will have been about 7 years after the last HD release 2 years ago. I don't see the problem with them tarting up RE4, but then I buy ever single version that they release.

Where they fuck is my Switch version of RE4 Capcom!

Oh those RE4/5/ and 6 ports are def imminent. What would be pretty awesome is making nemesis way more dyanmic in some ways kinda similar to the A.I Director in left 4 Dead where each playthough will never be the same in regards to how nemesis reacts which in turn could add a more consistent form of fear with each playthrough since you'd now he's not so predictable (after your subsequent playthroughs)

Markitron

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
Oh those RE4/5/ and 6 ports are def imminent. What would be pretty awesome is making nemesis way more dyanmic in some ways kinda similar to the A.I Director in left 4 Dead where each playthough will never be the same in regards to how nemesis reacts which in turn could add a more consistent form of fear with each playthrough since you'd now he's not so predictable (after your subsequent playthroughs)
This could happen if they go ahead with a full separate release, which I hope they doas I love RE3 as much as RE2. When it comes down to it I'll take any kind of remake of it that I can get.

Playing RE4 on a plane/toilet/beach is the ultimate life goal

Oct 26, 2017
UK
RE3 remake seems likely I thought. Didn't Dusk say they had some pretty big plans for it ala open world raccoon city.

On topic can't wait for this. Looks so damn good!

Oct 26, 2017
Wait how on earth is it possible that RE2Remake is the FIRST 3rd party japanese game to win best of E3? Was that award not around when stuff like MGS2 or SH2 was araound? Sounds absolutely bizarre.
RE3 remake seems likely I thought. Didn't Dusk say they had some pretty big plans for it ala open world raccoon city.

On topic can't wait for this. Looks so damn good!
Semi Open world would be better. Think Alien Isolation with Nemesis hunting for you in areas. That could be swell.

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Appreciate the write up!

It probably wouldn't make much sense but having a commentary track like several adventure games I've played, would be terrific DLC!

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Not a lot of people will agree with that, but I certainly do. CV is only behind REmake and RE4 for me. Love that game.

The problems CV has (Steve, op knife, annoying placement of item boxes, getting stuck on bosses) would be easily fixed in a remake anyway so I don't know why people would complain. Remade Alfred laugh would be glorious

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
i'm really looking forward to it. i just hope all the character dialogue in-game is either stripped right back or removed ("what is this nightmare" etc).

a similar thing happened in horizon: zero dawn where the initial reveal gameplay had Aloy being super talkative mid fight with the thunderjaw. but come release there was way less of it. that needs to happen with RE2.

Markitron

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
The problems CV has (Steve, op knife, annoying placement of item boxes, getting stuck on bosses) would be easily fixed in a remake anyway so I don't know why people would complain. Remade Alfred laugh would be glorious
It's usually towards the bottom of most people's list of RE games, they would complain that whatever their favourite is isn't being remade first.

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
Sounds great, I'm really really looking forward to the game, same goes for Devil May Cry 5. Still a huge fan of the classic Resident Evil, never really got around RE 4+ (besides some co-op fun in 5).

A bit sad, that we won't see the return of the Crimson Head Zombies, but then again, I'm getting older and it might be a good thing if hey are not making a comeback ^^

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
From the sounds of it, while there might not be Crimson Heads, there could be some G Virus shenanigans with these zombies if they can play dead. They must know a lot of us are going to go for the head, which makes me think head shots aren't going to be as reliable as we think. We saw bits of that before in Leon's demo.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
From the sounds of it, while there might not be Crimson Heads, there could be some G Virus shenanigans with these zombies if they can play dead. They must know a lot of us are going to go for the head, which makes me think head shots aren't going to be as reliable as we think. We saw bits of that before in Leon's demo.

as long as a dumb looking parasite doesn't burst out of their head i'm ok with that.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
All we got to see is the Birkin fight? She was jacked up on ammo too for the demo...so how did you reach the conclusion that it looks more like Rev2?

You shouldn't have asked, the answer you will get will be trash like the first post. Trolls are attention seekers, do not give their flames oxygen.

Not a lot of people will agree with that, but I certainly do. CV is only behind REmake and RE4 for me. Love that game.

I want a CV remake only for them to make it more playable for me. Rectify some things and enhance other situations. They can do it, they have the technology.

Markitron

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
I want a CV remake only for them to make it more playable for me. Rectify some things and enhance other situations. They can do it, they have the technology.
If they were going to do it, it would be 3rd person so it's going to completely change anyway. The setting, music, story and atmosphere are what I loved about that game. It also had more of a sense of urgency than other RE games. Those could easily be adapted to a 3rd person game.

Oct 27, 2017
We can't go through a cycle of remakes of the original RE games and not get to 3. I agree it doesn't have the same resonance as 1 or 2 and I think belongs firmly in the middle ground of RE games.. but, Nemesis. We have to see a modern update on the Nemesis monster which, quite frankly, could be terrifying.

I think they'll do it, and I think we'll get it reasonably quickly. In theory a lot of the groundwork for creating RE3 will already be present by the existence of REmake 2.

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
They essentially suggested the zombies are relentless enough that they don't need crimson heads. That doesn't mean that they actually thought it out that way, but that's the PR response for those who might be disappointed there aren't crimson heads in the game.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
I see people critizice the new Claire left and right, but no one ever points out that the new Leon looks like Leonardo DiCaprio fresh off the set of Titanic. They both look great.

Markitron

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
We can't go through a cycle of remakes of the original RE games and not get to 3. I agree it doesn't have the same resonance as 1 or 2 and I think belongs firmly in the middle ground of RE games.. but, Nemesis. We have to see a modern update on the Nemesis monster which, quite frankly, could be terrifying.

I think they'll do it, and I think we'll get it reasonably quickly. In theory a lot of the groundwork for creating RE3 will already be present by the existence of REmake 2.
Is it a cycle though? The gap between the first and second REmakes is 17 years. To reiterate, I'd kill for a REmake 3, I just don't think there are any guarantees.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
If they were going to do it, it would be 3rd person so it's going to completely change anyway. The setting, music, story and atmosphere are what I loved about that game. It also had more of a sense of urgency than other RE games. Those could easily be adapted to a 3rd person game.

I would like it to be third person like RE2R, the thing was I got stuck in a couple situations where I couldn't get past some parts because of a lack of ammo like when you first meet the tyrant, or on the plane with the tyrant and the first Alexia fight because I had no ammo. Third person camera would make the bandersnatches have less of an advantage so that's a plus. Hopefully they would sort out Steve and how annoying he could be and change up a certain butt scene.

Not only that some Youtuber made a point about how Claire asks Leon to send an e-mail to Chris. If Leon is in contact with him why is she looking for him? There probably an explanation but I can't find one.

I can't deny it though, the music, characters, story and atmosphere are a part of its charm. That'd be something I hope they'd keep in tact amongst all the changes.

But what about Hunk tho. I wanna know how he plays.

Probably like in RE4 Mercs snapping necks and equipped with a TMP

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
Even though RE3 is one of my favorite RE games and Code Veronica is not, I think CV needs a remake more. I never liked the look and feel of that game. Though if they are going to do another remake after RE2, RE3 will almost undoubtedly come first (and I hope a first-person experience ala Alien: Isolation will be an option).

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
I see people critizice the new Claire left and right, but no one ever points out that the new Leon looks like Leonardo DiCaprio fresh off the set of Titanic. They both look great.

giphy.gif

No one really points it out because it's an age old thing said for years. His name is even part or Leonardo's name. Not worth bringing up much