• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
We've just picked up a brand new "R.P.D." demo listing for Resident Evil 2, silently appearing on the Xbox Store in the last few minutes. It seems to be a distinct product from the 1-Shot Demo that also stealthily appeared back in January. This might just be a rebranding of that same demo, or it might be something else entirely

The product store description gives nothing away, as it's just a description of the base game. We'll surely hear more about this one in the coming hours – perhaps at The Game Awards.

Might be related to that new rumoured DLC. Or perhaps GamePass announcement?

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
tumblr_mv0bpsaRdD1qb5gkjo1_400.gif

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Is Capgod about to drop free standalone DLC for everyone?

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm confused. How is exploring the RPD considered DLC for RE2 if that's something we already do? Also I have no idea what a 1-shot demo is.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
If its a Standalone "Jill" Ghost-Survivor-Episode that doubles as a DLC (for those that have the game) and a Standalone Demo (for those that dont) that is playable tonight, ill probably faint.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Resident Evil 2 never had a demo released on the stores right?

Edit: It did, not sure what I was thinking.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine if this is taken from the section of RE3 where you go to the RPD before the events of 2.

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
People are saying it's the same demo earlier this year, with the time limit removed.

There might be extras though.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At this point I'm expecting Capcom to be giving RE2 a big resurgence to get more eyes on it before RE3 comes out. Some new content for old players and the 1-shot demo with no timer for potential new players seems like a great way of doing it. Expecting a big drop at the TGAs tonight.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
Capcpom weren't getting as many gotys as expected so they went Tyrant mode.

Or it's just some tiny but cool thing that's not gonna be a big deal to the maniacs here.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A few ideas of some modes they could introduce:

Multiple tyrant mode - at least three are constantly looking for you
Invisible tyrant mode - you don't see him at all but you can still hear his footsteps and music
Zombies can't be killed mode - you can only temporarily incapacitate them or make them fall back

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
At this point I'm expecting Capcom to be giving RE2 a big resurgence to get more eyes on it before RE3 comes out. Some new content for old players and the 1-shot demo with no timer for potential new players seems like a great way of doing it. Expecting a big drop at the TGAs tonight.
This would be great, yeah.