• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which do you want remade next?

• Resident Evil 1

Votes: 175 9.9%
  • Resident Evil 0

Votes: 31 1.8%
  • Resident Evil: Code Veronica

Votes: 942 53.3%
  • Resident Evil 4

Votes: 408 23.1%
  • Other (please elaborate)

Votes: 27 1.5%
  • Enough with the remasters!

Votes: 186 10.5%

• Total voters

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
RERemake.JPG

Taken from this Survey for Capcom Asia Marketed Regions

Such a claim in my eyes means they've reconsidered CVX despite recent rumors. Or are indeed going for "the big one" and thinking of remaking what many consider the best in the series - RE4. As remaking RE0 or RE1 doesn't seem quite right and after that point you're either looking at other spin-offs or skipping mainline titles to get to other numbers (As much as I would love a RE6 remake right now).

Personally the Plagas type enemies in RE3 seem a bit on the nose for me. But doing CVX first might be the better option, as most would say that game needs a remake far more than RE4 does at the moment. However, I can't deny how great it would be to see a RE Engine suplex. Despite some of the reception RE3 has received, I don't think remakes are going out of the picture any-time soon (though we won't get them back to back like we did 2 & 3). Since there seems to be no intention of doing classic re-releases of OG 1-3 and BC for next-gen makes newer ports more of an effort for RE4-6. We already saw how RE4 fared when it didn't include gyro.

bio-revival.jpg

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
I would much prefer that to what I hear about RE8 ha ha.

Yes, yes I would. CV especially needs it.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
YES! YES! And yes.

Don't care what the remake is. They should do Code Veronica before RE4, though.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I would absolutely love to see Code Veronica remade.

Is there also a question where you can tell them to never try to do something like Resistance again?

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Also, what is up with Chris's face in that Revival Selection box art you posted?! He looks so crude.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
They really are wasting no time.

And yeah obv. people would be in for quality remakes for pretty much every mainline title.

"I do not want to play anymore"

lol

Nere

Dec 8, 2017
I am interested in any remake but only if they don't cut large parts of the original like they did with RE3.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Honestly, remake CVX and call it a day

Maaaaaaaybe remake Zero I guess, but you'd have to change a lot to make that interesting.

No interest in remakes of 4 onwards, and I say this as a die hard fan.

Dino Crisis remake would be more interesting. Other than that, focus resources on whatever the hell 8 will be or other projects

Get the team on a meaty DLC piece for 3 Remake, that game is great

Oct 30, 2017
Resident Evil 4 still plays and looks like a modern game specially with the fan made HD Textures pack... why people are insisting of the idea that it needs a remake?

The game is masterpiece the way it is.

Code Veronica is the one that REALLY needs a remake specially because of the very boring levels design.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Honestly, remake CVX and call it a day

Maaaaaaaybe remake Zero I guess, but you'd have to change a lot to make that interesting.

No interest in remakes of 4 onwards, and I say this as a die hard fan.

Dino Crisis remake would be more interesting. Other than that, focus resources on whatever the hell 8 will be or other projects

Get the team on a meaty DLC piece for 3 Remake, that game is great

I'm with you. Don't need 4 onwards remade. That would basically just be the same game with better graphics.

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Honestly I would prefer if they would Remake the first one. A RE2R type remake of RE1 would be dope. Then CV then they could do 4 if they want

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Resident Evil 4 still plays and looks like a modern game specially with the fan made HD Textures pack... why people are insisting of the idea that it needs a remake?

The game is masterpiece the way it is.
To think Capcom wouldn't remake one of the most popular entries in the franchise after making a RE1 remake, a RE2 remake and a RE3 remake, why would they stop at 3? It's inevitable. I play RE4 every single year, a remake wouldn't change the way I feel about the OG in any way, so why not? I have two very different RE2's in my favorite games of all time, why not have two RE4's?

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Probably. If Capcom decides to remake Code Veronica without turning it into Action-Resi like they did with Nemesis, I´m in.
I hope they don`t touch RE4 for at least five years.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
''Why did not purchase Resident Evil 3 yet?''

- Lack of extra modes. Major areas from original game were cut.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Honestly I would prefer if they would Remake the first one. A RE2R type remake of RE1 would be dope. Then CV then they could do 4 if they want

See, I love RE1 and the setting / story but I honestly think Remake holds up very well and I don't think I particularly would be hyped about another visit to the mansion.

I think Remake was the best of love letters to 1 and another iteration a waste of resource. Would it be good and sell? Sure. But I'd prefer they didn't

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I would definitely buy another remake, of any title really, but my preference would be 1. I'd just like to get RE8 before this happens.

I'd still like the Revelations series to continue too, so we can get co-op RE, as I think that format can be really fun. Also, a great way to give some less prominent characters additional story.

I guess I just want more Resident Evil really, haha.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
My friend and I joke about begrudgingly buying an RE4 remake since it's both in our top ten. But buying RE3 was the most I was willing to risk on an RE remake of a game I hadn't every played before. At least when I went into 2 I had played a few hours and was familiar with.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if their sell-through data is disappointing. RE3 isn't lighting Steam on fire.

Deleted member 62078

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 12, 2019
No, not for a few years - give it a rest. I'd love a CVX remake (don't touch RE4!!!), but I don't want to see Capcom leaning so heavily on remakes to bring in the big bucks. Let the remakes take a back seat for a couple of years and get back to great, original RE mainline and spinoff titles.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
i'd prefer them doing a REmake 2 style game for next gen in a totally new setting and with a new story, but would i buy another REmake? yes of course

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Honestly I would prefer if they would Remake the first one. A RE2R type remake of RE1 would be dope.
This. I know we already have a RE1 remake and it's perfect, but I can't get enough of it. The atmosphere and setting was ace and I would play it a another four times with a new version/remake.

Maybe I'd also play finally RE0 if it was in the style of the new remakes (and possible coop).

Zaki2407

May 6, 2018
RE4 Reimagine here we goooo😁
RECV Remake also ok I guess. More Claire and Leon please😬

UltraInstinct

Nov 19, 2017
If another remake means that it will stay less faithful to the original, with removal of content, locations, creature types, and not really adding anything substantive to it to improve against the original, then no, I'd prefer that they didn't remake another game.

Fukuro

Feb 24, 2020
Resistance has gotten me craving an Outbreak remake more than anything, honestly. I'd love to see a proper co-op RE game with the new engine.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Code Veronica was the last of the games that desperately needed a remake. Of all of the classic games, it aged the worst graphically. RE4 on the other hand I don't trust to not have massive corners cut, and "moderinized" gameplay added to its detriment. I really don't like the combat in the last two remakes, but I like it even less in RE7. RE4 was arcade like action, not "it hits the bullet sponge ten times in the head, or it gets the vacuum leap grab again".

I will scream if they remake RE4. A REmake 2-3 style RE4 is the only way I'll touch that clunky game again.

LOL, yeah..."clunky", and yet the enemies died way faster to Leon in that game than what any of them did to Claire, Leon or Jill in the modern remakes. If RE4 got remade in the same way, it would be a completely different game and not in a good way. We don't need more "third-person, but with first-person shooting mechanics that were lifted from RE7". Graphically the games look great, but feel like shit to actually play combat wise.

Last edited:

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Thinking about it a little more, I would definitely take a remake of Code Veronica over some other titles, as I think the original is pretty messy and really could do with a bit of a reimagining like we saw with 2 and 3. There is an interesting foundation there, but a lot of Code Veronica falls a bit flat.