• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
I love when New Game+ is actually something more than just "Play the same game but with your stats and items carried over from the last playthrough". So it's good to hear that they have something special in the works for that.

CO_Andy

Oct 25, 2017
whos making this game?

The OG developers or same western team that made the last river ransom?

Also, game play looks a bit slow... hopefully theres a tubo mode?
All the recent Ransom games (on 3DS) have been made in Japan by the original dev. If you're thinking of Scott Pilgrim then that was made in China.

This is made by WayForward. Ransom style brawlers are a bit slower than your Capcom style brawlers.

OP
OP
twothunder

twothunder

Feb 10, 2018
another day and kyoko has posted more animations

this time. character intros

you know. with the twitter takeover and official jp website
japan's arc system works does seem to promote it better than wayforward

OP
OP
twothunder

twothunder

Feb 10, 2018
Wait, Abobo is in this?!

of course

ts8ols3.gif

oL91ziA.png

billy and jimmy too as shopkeepers

OP
OP
twothunder

twothunder

Feb 10, 2018
WayForward barely has anything on their site about it, meanwhile Kuniokun.jp has a ton of work put into it.

yeah. river city girls's jp website has tons of art character bios , animations , a quite a lot of info
nothing like that from wayforward . a real shame

in the crazy event they read this.
Can the english side of arc system works just take the jp website and give it an english translation ?

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yeah. river city girls's jp website has tons of art character bios , animations , a quite a lot of info
nothing like that from wayforward . a real shame

in the crazy event they read this.
Can the english side of arc system works just take the jp website and give it an english translation ?
Wayforward is the publisher, it's on them to push the game

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I can't keep up with all the content ArcSys is showing off, I almost want to avoid it now that the game is so close, but I'm so excited.

Kunio and Riki's animations look fantastic, I like the their movesets a lot, especially the former's. Misuzu too looks great, I love that she retains her sumo-like fighting style from Banka, haha.

I wasn't expecting Yamada to be in, that's neat, he looks different but I like it. Hasebe and Mami (!!) look great too; I wonder if they'll address Mami's past with Riki too now that she shares game with Kyoko lol, I don't remember if she was in Tokyo Rumble.
were the Dragon Twins in RCR ever confirmed to be Bimmy and Jimmy?
Nah they're just references to them. Assuming they have more bosses under their sleeve it wouldn't surprise me if they were in the game too despite the real Billy and Jimmy having cameos.

Oct 27, 2017
Since this is mostly about the Japanese version, I figure I'd ask here.

Turns out that PlayStation trophy wise, RCG is going to have two sets: a plain and a Japanese one:

WARNING: spoilers in the descriptions!

While everyone knows about the ENG/LRG versions, there is also going to be two physical versions in Asia: an Southeastern one in English and a Japanese one.

For a trophy whore like me, I'm trying to figure out which versions to get so I can get both platinums? I wonder if it's like Wonder Boy, where the Asian trophies = Japanese trophies. I'm not sure who to ask. Didn't a WayForward employee used to post on ERA? I could be mistaken...