• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
z_5cbf0ba9b2771uxje0.jpg

https://www.famitsu.com/news/201904/26175304.html

Yeah this was just randomly posted by Famitsu in a big article about Game Freak. I assume this relates to the other thread about an interview they had with Video Games Chronicle.

Looks pretty damn decent I say. Also it looks like the HUD got a decent overhaul since it was first shown in September:

town_2018_09-13-18_00gyjzc.jpg

Thoughts?

Edit: Translations of the HUD from both screenshots by Heartskips:

Not sure about a few things, but I think it's basically this. If anyone sees something wrong here, please tell me.

unknown.png

unknown.png

Last edited:

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Looks real clean, liking it a lot

Name is still a bit eh though

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Still have no idea what the hell I'm looking at. Hopefully the game actually looks as vibrant as the new shot. The first footage was very washed out.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Could do with less icons everywhere but besides that looking nice.

Glass

Oct 26, 2017
UI aside, this looks really nice. Hope Sword and Shield ends up looking this clean.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of UI but the game looks really nice. This is Switch right? I can't imagine it looking this smooth, but I like the style.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
This and the Xenoblade Games look more like the Arkham City cover than actual video games to me.

Deleted member 3815

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks good, just waiting for it to release. Hopefully it releases long before Pokémon Sword and Shield does.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Specifically the HUD looks like a mobile game. Why is the HUD so enormous?

I think the game overall looks ok but we haven't really seen shit

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
There is a lot of stuff going on in that UI

Game looks interesting, still hoping it is a good length even though it just features a single town for the whole game

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Much improved from the original trailer. My feelings for the game have risen from "meh" to "mild interest".

After enjoying Xenoblade 2, my tolerance for busy, terrible UIs has apparently massively increased, so I don't mind the interface in these screenshots.

mR6bdvd.jpg

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
This looks really good. But people keep saying the ui looks like a mobile game?? Wut?

Oct 27, 2017
UI looks extremely heavy, but maybe they're designing it with handheld mode in mind. Many Switch games have UI clearly made for TV play which looks ehh in handheld. Scaling it for format is something I'm surprised few developers, if any, are doing.

Graphically it looks better than SS in my opinion, much cleaner image. The Pokemon team should take a few lessons, while there can be artistic differences there are clearly also technical differences which makes the Town image look better.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Much improved from the original trailer. My feelings for the game have risen from "meh" to "mild interest".

After enjoying Xenoblade 2, my tolerance for busy, terrible UIs has apparently massively increased, so I don't mind the interface in these screenshots.

mR6bdvd.jpg
I mean, all this information in the Xenoblade UI is necessary in the battles, it's not just fluff, so I didn't mind it. We didn't play Town yet, so I don't know how useful all that is, but it seems a bit exaggerated. Game is pretty good looking tho.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
Wish Pokemon had an artstyle more similar to this, looks much more like the anime.

Yokai Watch 3 looks similar and some of the towns are incredible.