• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
1080p?

crash-1-1.jpg

crash-10-1.jpg

crash-8-1.jpg

crash-9-1.jpg

crash-6-1.jpg

source: https://nintendoeverything.com/crash-bandicoot-n-sane-trilogy-switch-screenshots

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Funnily enough I think the seemingly simplified fur/geometry/texture work almost makes it kinda look a bit closer to the original games. I always felt like for as nice as the N.Sane trilogy looked, it kinda had a lot of superfluous details that didn't really do anything for me after the initial wow factor.

Nintenleo

Nov 9, 2017
Italy
Really like Crash model. Wonder how the game will look in handheld mode 'cause it's probably the only way I'll play the game.

Who knows how Crash will look in Smash Bros though :P

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017
Old, these came up from some other site around mids of May

Anyways, these look good to me (NST looks great graphically, don't talk to me about the artstyle issues, I have heard too many people already and I don't need to know again)

Kufkah

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Oct 26, 2017

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017
They specifically came out and said they're not fixing that.

Here's what they actually said about this, also, could you guys shout at VV instead of just complaining here? Thank you.

Source of the blog post

Crash's Handling

Many fans have picked up on the fact that Crash's jump isn't quite the same as it was, particularly in the first game, Crash Bandicoot™. We carefully considered the choice to unify the design of these games, for example, how save and bonus rounds work, so that players could have a cohesive experience across all three games in the Crash Bandicoot™ N. Sane Trilogy.

The reason for that is because we want the best experience for all players, and Crash's handling falls into this category. We spent a lot of time studying the three titles and chose the handling from Crash Bandicoot™ 3: Warped as our Trilogy's starting point; it represented the most improved and modern approach as it gives players the most control.

We went through rounds of internal testing, user testing, and iterations to get each game's handling to just the right place. In the end, we ended up tuning jump differently for each game, so that the jump metrics are the same as the originals. However, there are a few subtle differences in Crash Bandicoot, chief among these being the fact that you fall more quickly upon release of the X button than you did in the original first game.

Collision and Physics

We've heard some questions about how Crash's model interacts with platforms and enemies. Our game engine features a different collision system than the original game, and combined with the addition of physics, certain jumps require more precision than the originals. Much like the handling, we iterated on collision and physics throughout development to make it fair to all players and as faithful to the original games as possible.

Stuart Gipp

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Cambridge, England
I played them on PS1, to death, and never noticed a difference in the jumping on PS4. I'm not saying it isn't there - it clearly is - but for less observant players like me it might be not so much of an issue?

Diego Renault

Nov 1, 2017
Crash Bandicoot on a Nintendo console... Never thought this would ever happen.

Also, isn't that a little ironic? Over the last years, many people asked "yo, when's Nintendo gonna go 3rd party?" - and quite of few voices you could here coming from a bunch of Playstation fans. And now this :)

Nov 13, 2017

Also, isn't that a little ironic? Over the last years, many people asked "yo, when's Nintendo gonna go 3rd party?" - and quite of few voices you could here coming from a bunch of Playstation fans. And now this :)

There were multiple Crash games on GBA.

That first screenshot looks like a big downgrade. Still, glad this is available on the go. I might double dip.

MrHeisenbird

Banned
Nov 8, 2017

Talk about gaming credential suicide. :(

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Huh. I actually like this look better honestly. Crash with all the fur was kinda extra imo. Glad they improved the resolution, hoping to grab this at the end of the month.

Shauni

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The lack of fur is obviously notable, but I really don't see anything else in those screens that look like much of a downgrade

~Fake

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't look like 1080p. Maybe 900p or less. Is the Crash fur removed?