• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Man, every part of this looks amazing.

I can't believe we're about to get a big budget Captain Marvel movie that looks amazing.

bwahhhhh

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I like it.. I can live with Superman and Batman having been messed up if we can just get a good Captain Marvel movie, pleasepleaseplease

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they'll end up calling him the big red cheese in the movie at all, as a joke.
It looks great from what they've shown.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
How much DCU connection does this have
A lot.. kinda. The other trailers show Freddie clearly wearing an Aquaman, Wonder Woman, and Superman shirt. He has newspapers from the Black Zero event from Man of Steel hanging on his wall. Just don't expect any other heroes to cameo in this movie (unless they kept a Cavill Superman appearance super on the down low).

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Budgets lower than Man of Steel etc. I think I remember reading, so I'd not expect alot of it. If there is expect them to put a huge emphasis on saving people and avoidng collateral damage after Man of Steels slaughterfest getting so much blowback and Shazam being so much lighter in tone.
If I'm remember right Man of Steel's budget was also inflated because of past failed starts with other films. The actual cost of MoS itself I think was suppose to be lower the reported number for it.

Carpathia

Oct 25, 2017
Looks OK but he looks too muscular, to the point that I can't help to say fake. I'm sure it will be fun.

Bacon

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like I'm completely at odds with the sentiment on this one. The humor definitely didn't land at all for me in this trailer.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Sad to see no trailer. :(

I have a feeling this movie is gunna bomb

Small chances of it being a legit bomb. It is far more likely that the film will only make a small profit when everything is said and done.

My own expectation is that the film will do pretty solid. Better than something like Ant-man 2.