Votes: 8 8.0%
  • I'm looking for some sailors

Votes: 55 55.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is looking better and better. My hope is we get to see the game in motion soon though.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Faces look fantastic but:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/posts/2093399?ref=backer_project_update

gbtOe5A.jpg
Everything okay there Ryu?

Xer0

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
First two screenshots make me think this game is just Ryo cold heartedly beating the shit out of women and old men.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
I think this is finally striking the balance between not-shitty and still-looks-like-Shenmue. I'll take it, even though the likelihood of bullshot (so long as we don't get to see any motion/animation) keeps me reluctant.

Elfforkusu

Oct 25, 2017
Shenmue, 3 screenshots

Ryo's deadpan (and the muscle dude's) are presumably pre-facial animation, so ... we'll see.

I think this is finally striking the balance between not-shitty and still-looks-like-Shenmue. I'll take it, even though the likelihood of bullshot (so long as we don't get to see any motion/animation) keeps me reluctant.
I hear you, but I'd just like to point out that we've seen no indication that there's enough of a marketing effort behind this game to be able to even think about bullshots, much less actually create them

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Why do they keep releasing these horrendous Ryo face screenshots is beyond me.

If it's indeed not final, why release it then? It only pushes people away from the game.

Deleted member 35011

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Shenmue has this unique thing going for it where the more uncanny the graphics look, somehow the more fitting it is.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Said this in the other thread, but theres nothing so far that matches the older games which left you amazed. God this is painful to see, id honestly would've been happy with an upgraded Shenmue 2 engine. This KS never felt right to me, you cant do Shenmue on a budget :( Hope you know what you're doing Yu, game needs to be grand and meaty, but witnessing progress so far that could be years away, or will be trimmed down due to resource and time.

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Said this in the other thread, but theres nothing so far that matches the older games which left you amazed. God this is painful to see, id honestly would've been happy with an upgraded Shenmue 2 engine. This KS never felt right to me, you cant do Shenmue on a budget :(
The problem is that most expected a hypothetical Shenmue3 with ND levels of detail.. and people should accept that this is the best case scenario.

twentytwo22

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like the perfect bridge to a new Shenmue to me.

Many replies in this thread go to show why middleware didn't survive last gen :(

Dynamite Cop

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
How many people involved with the original game(I include Shenmue II) are working on Shenmue III? Did Yu Suzuki hire a bunch of fans to work on this or what? I remember reading an article about the painstaking detail regarding a coiled telephone cord animating correctly in the first game.. :(

Oct 29, 2017
Models look good, specially that old man, I think it is just that the eyes are not looking anywhere at the moment, but resting in a default position.

Shin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like everything but the 3rd screenshot, for some reason that guy just looks off (face, body, etc).
Graphically they are doing well I think considering their budget, but that's just me.