• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
That's my fourth copy of Shenmue III that I've pre-ordered. O_o

Yup. I'm generally not the person to do this but I currently have 4 versions preordered: Amazon, Best Buy, my Kickstarter copy and now the Limited Run version. I'm trying to decide what I want to do with all the different versions because I really only have all of them because of the different bonuses and such. In the image Limited Run posted of their collector's edition the actual game itself looks to have just the regular retail case for the game instead of anything with the Limited Run logo or anything else on it. Is there any precedence for this? Either way, whether fans wind up liking this game or not I feel like there's going to be a not insignificant number of sealed copies of this game that will go up on eBay when it launches due to all of the different SKUs.
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit, for a second I thought we had something on a possible Xbox version. Damn.

Yeah, it seemed weird to bump this thread instead of just making a new one but whatever I guess. lol

Last edited:

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Add them to the 69,000 backers to make 75,000 guaranteed (unless some people here are right and most of them are going to refund like there's no tomorrow).

Even then, I believe Epic is covering the refunds so I don't think Deep Silver and Ysnet are being hurt by the refunds... though I guess that would mean fewer copies shipped or sold?

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I forgot all about the collector's edition. Guess I'm missing out on this one.

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty sad that I'm actually tempted to buy one on ebay. I've already got one of the stupidly expensive kickstarter versions ordered.

Yinyangfooey

Oct 27, 2017
So I have this preordered, as well as my Kickstarter copy. So I guess I have an extra copy of the game? I guess I'll try to sell the extra copy.

Though I am waiting on an Xbox version of the game!

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
It's pretty sad that I'm actually tempted to buy one on ebay. I've already got one of the stupidly expensive kickstarter versions ordered.

As a lunatic who actually now has 5 copies preordered (PSN, Amazon, Best Buy, Kickstarter, LRG), please heed my advice: don't. lol. It's a dark road to go down. Especially since the ebay price is not at least $200 for this.

It's weird that I have so many copies as I don't even have particularly high expectations for this game. But Shenmue really blew my mind and meant so much to me back in the early 2000s that I just feel the need to support the thing that I never thought would happen as much as possible. It's still just crazy to me that when we look back on this year of gaming one of the notable things about it will be that a new Shenmue came out.

Oct 30, 2017
It's Shenmue. I backed Shenmue 3 for a ridiculous amount of money because I waited so long for the game--longer than I've waited for anything. I had no expectations going into it and I am certain I'll be pleased by the outcome based on everything we've seen so far. Wish the game 'looked' truer to the originals, but I'll take what they've shown in a heartbeat.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
bell wood's jet cola, It's sold out of 5000 copies already. I'm fine with my EU collectors edition, don't need the Dreamcast case and it's not the blue DC design anyway so doesn't interest me. Glad to hear you got your copy. :)

Serein

Mar 7, 2018
I was lucky to be online when I was to get a heads-up on this so I managed to nab one. I don't usually go for these things but I had to for this.

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
Got mine today as well

This plus my kickstarter collectors edition to go with my digital copy! Cannot wait