• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Spaghetti

Dec 2, 2017
The website itself. Thanks to a certain someone for the tip-off, seems it went live ahead of the game's presence at E3 next week and will probably be updated when new news breaks.

Before everybody goes wild there are currently NO new screens or video clips on the site (the associated trailer is the one from Gamescom 2018), but does contain some blurbs about the game and the series story. Otherwise it's currently just a great repository for places you can pre-order the game from in your region.

The code and assets of course mention the Xbox One and include Xbox logos. They also mention a Collector's and Day One Editions that we've known has been coming for a while now.

l18ojb4.png

------
l2frjmk.png

Oh - and the Steam logo is buried in the assets too; so I'm expecting it to go live for pre-order pretty shortly.

Might be worth seeing if this shows up at Microsoft's E3 press conference at the weekend.

Last edited:

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Makes sense. I don't see why Deep Silver wouldn't publish this on every platform available.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
I actually already thought this was coming to Xbox 1, but I guess it's because the others went to it. Anyway I didn't know about a collector's edition, so need to watch out for that.

OP
OP
Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Dec 2, 2017
I mean if they went out of their way to put 1+2 on Xbox, I would of been puzzled if they didn't put this too.
Shenmue III is under a separate publisher under a different business arrangement.

But still, glad it looks like this is happening because I've seen loads and loads of people asking for an Xbox One version lately.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
It was revealed at the Sony show and for all this time it seemed like a PS4 only game. Except for Yu Suzuki implying a Xbox version when he said he wants people to use their heads, or something along those lines.

Man, I'd LOVE to play this game this year on Xbox. But yeah, let's not get our hopes up. Could still be a while.

Garjon

Oct 27, 2017
It was revealed at the Sony show and for all this time it seemed like a PS4 only game. Except for Yu Suzuki implying a Xbox version when he said he wants people to use their heads, or something along those lines.
This is what I mean, not allowed to mention Xbox/Nintendo but never saying it was only PS4/PC

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
I fucking knew it. It was clear right away that Sony marketing deal was just to prevent them speaking about Xbox until very close to release.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't count on it, frankly. It's a kickstarted project after all. Now, if it happens, I'd be glad if more people can buy the game. Especially if we see it at Microsoft press conf.

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
It's so close.

Nice to see that it's coming to Xbox too. The original Xbox was kind of a second home for Sega (and Shenmue!) as they transitioned out of the hardware business.

OP
OP
Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Dec 2, 2017
Here's a direct link to the Xbox image (It's been hidden in the source, I just made it visible by editing the source myself):
Right, right, right.

One of the guys over at the Shenmue Dojo did the same, plus with the Day One and Collector's Edition buttons:

efe7e387bfbhjtj.jpg

Would probably bet this will be updated sometime next week.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
This is what I mean, not allowed to mention Xbox/Nintendo but never saying it was only PS4/PC

Exactly! But the big question remains, how soon? If there's no mention at E3 I don't think we should get our hopes up for a release this year.

But if we do...hoo boy.

Incredibly fond memories of the two games on Dreamcast.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't jump the gun on this, but holy shit if true. That's quite the get for Xbox at E3. I have no idea why Deep Silver would sign a global publishing deal exclusively for PS4 and PC, and not XB1 if it were actually landing there on day one. Seems like if it were going to happen, Deep Silver would have signed an agreement for all platforms. Maybe it has a different publisher for XB1.

Between this and Ultima basically the e3 of the dreams was for Xbox too! Lol
What is Ultima? E3 of dreams was the impact of the moment. Knowing this shit was happening after many years of hope and constant speculation each year. Nothing is confirmed as of yet anyway.

I fucking knew it. It was clear right away that Sony marketing deal was just to prevent them speaking about Xbox until very close to release.
Or... it simply wasn't in development or planned for Xbox at all until recently, if this is actually true. A small indie team planning an ambitious project for select few platforms isn't unheard of. There are whole stretch goals on Kickstarter that are dedicated to porting games to other platforms because they can only plan for what's realistic. Didn't Yu say he spoke to all platform holders and only Sony was the one who paid interest to a proper revival? If it was clear right away, we wouldn't have had to hear things clarified multiple times.

Last edited:

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
What's stopping this from being a lazy web developer copying code and templates from other Deep Silver web pages they've made and just barely editing it to make it not visible? I'd like to see it on as many consoles as possible but who knows.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean it was always likely to come to Xbox One. The only question is it coming the same day or later on?

Oct 25, 2017
What's stopping this from being a lazy web developer copying code and templates from other Deep Silver web pages they've made and just barely editing it to make it not visible? I'd like to see it on as many consoles as possible but who knows.

That's also very possible. But I wouldn't be shocked if this is coming to Xbox at some point. It's going to happen.

Paragraf

May 31, 2019
Russia
I don't think they were planning xbox version until recently.
Just need to confirm 7Remake for Xbox now.
If square will show up at MS press conference like " FF 7 R is coming to xbox" it will be funny cuz it's not like they can backtrack "first on ps4" statement.

Shadow2222

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

I genuinely think you are correct. Someone on the Dojo made a great point that there currently isn't room for three platform buttons, and you would think there would be Xbox box art in the photo.