• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Why would anyone doubt Dusk? This whole "I'm not believing you" stuff is just being cynical for the heck of it is off putting. Dude literally posted those pictures and yet somehow it was fake?

Like maybe you should chill with your takes agasint an insider when they share some nice information on project. Sure things not always pan out but he isn't here to get some brownie points and bail.

Dusk's been legit when it comes to Resident Evil leaks, so I don't see why now for Silent Hill, a much weaker IP, is the space to be skeptical about. The only prediction they made years ago that never manifested was Konami was making a Castlevania game to "counter" (this was the phrasing Dusk used iirc) Bloodstained, and this was before Bloodstained released. Aside from that, they've been on the ball with nearly every call they've made.

More of you should begin to ask "will it be good?" instead of "is it real?" given the track record of this franchise.

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
July 7, 2020
Dear Christa Neumann

The authorities have repeatedly requested to meet with you, but you have not complied.
We consider this as an unwillingness to resolve the matter and, in violation of Civil Code Article 1631, Section 2, we are taking your two children into custody by order of the Federal Court Officer.

If you have any objections, please contact the authorities and promptly agree to an interview.

Failure to comply will be considered as abandonment of the child and the authorities will proceed with temporary protection measures in accordance with their regulations. If this happens, any objections will not be accepted.

Hasans gone and done it again the madman.

Apr 5, 2022
Hasans gone and done it again the madman.

Please don't bring that scammer into this. I hate how people keep mentioning Hasan (joke or not) when he shouldnt be even remotely mentioned in relation to Silent Hill, after that latest interview he had? he's proven nothing yet again and I'm sure he'll have nothing to show in terms of his so called prologue either.

*reads thread*
*sees Bloober as a developer*

Is it too late to enlist Climax?
I'm not even sure Climax functions in a capacity these days to do big projects (they've mostly done licensed games and worked with Housemarque in a support role since Shattered Memories), even before getting into the problems of key team members like Sam Barlow no longer working there.

TrashHeap64

Dec 7, 2017
Austin, TX
LTlkKyn.png

q7DImhT.jpg

I wonder how many other tropes this will take from other modern horror games (aka PT clones)

Jroc

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
My theory, after having some time to sleep on it, is this.

This project is a PSVR2-exclusive game, which is some sort of shitty first-person-only "immersive horror experience". Sony is "involved" in that the project is timed exclusive for PSVR2, but they aren't actually involved in development or publishing.

The Bloober Team project would have started later and isn't this game, and is probably the "real" Silent Hill game we've heard bandied about for a year now. It will also be extremely bad. Sony is not involved here.

It certainly looks as unsubtle and uncreative as Bloober's work so far, but then again, EVERY Silent Hill game has been as uncreative and unsubtle as a Bloober game so that's not really narrowing things down.

UNSUBSTANTIATED BS SPECULATION:

What if the mysterious "prominent Japanese developer" is just regular old Capcom? If the Japanese Silent Hill game is a VR spinoff then it would fit since Capcom already has lots of VR horror experience making RE7. It could explain why the assets look a little low-res if it was initially targeting cross-gen PS4 VR in 2020. The hoarder house screenshot has that Capcom Baker House vibe.

VR would certainly explain Sony's alleged interest/involvement. If it's a smaller scale VR project then I could see Capcom potentially doing it for hire.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy that this is real but we're not out of the woods yet. I need confirmation that Bloober isn't working on this.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

What if the mysterious "prominent Japanese developer" is just regular old Capcom? If the Japanese Silent Hill game is a VR spinoff then it would fit since Capcom already has lots of VR horror experience making RE7. It could explain why the assets look a little low-res if it was initially targeting cross-gen PS4 VR in 2020. The hoarder house screenshot has that Capcom Baker House vibe.

VR would certainly explain Sony's alleged interest/involvement. If it's a smaller scale VR project then I could see Capcom potentially doing it for hire.

I see no reason why Capcom would bother making a Silent Hill game for Konami. They have their own far more popular horror series, and they don't need the money.

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017
I'm happy that this is real but we're not out of the woods yet. I need confirmation that Bloober isn't working on this.
I think their whole "Strategic Partnership with Konami" is a confirmation that Bloober Silent Hill will happen regardless of whether or not this concept art is connected to that specific version.

Mantrox

Oct 27, 2017
I like what i see.
My expectation is 0, so i have nothing but a positive outlook on this.

More Silent Hill, bring it on :)

Jroc

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
I think their whole "Strategic Partnership with Konami" is a confirmation that Bloober Silent Hill will happen regardless of whether or not this concept art is connected to that specific version.

Yeah, Bloober Hill is 100% coming in some form or another.

I like how no one on earth seems to actually want it. At best you get a few "I think their games are alright" responses with next to no excitement. I'd rather have a quality developer with zero horror experience take on SH than endure another project from a middling horror developer.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017

I thought about this too, but I'm doubtful about to.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Yeah, Bloober Hill is 100% coming in some form or another.

I like how no one on earth seems to actually want it. At best you get a few "I think their games are alright" responses with next to no excitement. I'd rather have a quality developer with zero horror experience take on SH than endure another project from a middling horror developer.

Equally disappointing from Konami if what Dusk said years ago is accurate (no reason to doubt it) that in 2018 they were accepting pitches from all over the industry for new SH projects.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
I enjoyed the shittier Silent Hill games, so it's kind of nice to have it back in the news. I'm looking forward to it. 🤷

sanityislost

Oct 21, 2021
Really dont care if its blooper making this game or not, I'm just happy that a new silent hill game is coming.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Glass half-full ova' here, buuuuuut…

It's not out of the question that the 'multiple studio' aspect of the game could mean Bloober is simply doing the heavy development lifting (they at least seem technically qualified) while someone else could be handing writing/design, yeah?
I mean, after being educated and doing a little research, I see The Medium's ham-fisted handling of real issues certainly didn't seem to squeak by without a HEAVY load of criticism.

If Sony is/was confident enough in the project to get behind it- even in just a marketing capacity- hopefully the crackpot writing trio of Grzegorz Like, Andrzej Mądrzak, & Marcin Wełnicki are either just not on this project or at least have some kind of editor/handler that can reel in/adjust some of the terrible writing decisions of The Medium.

But upon looking at their projects, Andrzej seems to be a pretty prominent presence in every game. So… yeah… 😞

Sweet Blue

Nov 1, 2018
Now that it start to look real... I'm beginning to wonder if I really DO want a new Silent Hill.
Maybe (good) ports of the originals is good enough, after all.

Slushimi

Oct 30, 2017
Kendrick drops a song called Sillent Hill today and we get a leak about a new upcoming Silent Hill game. Life's good

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Watch blue box start trying to tease some bs again and try and relate it to this info.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
Yassss Bloober Queens come snatch the title of Worst Silent Hill Game. It might seem like tough competition, but if anyone can, it's you!