• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like The Medium

the-medium-review-900x506.jpg

FSmrHU8UUAASPV9

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Didn't dusk leak some exclusive resident evil game for the switch ? Where's that at?

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Bloober was a promising dev to me with Layers of Fear when the walking sim horror was first getting popular, but they haven't really evolved their formula much since then. Observer is far and away their best but seems to be an outlier. I thought Blair Witch was a snoozefest and The Medium really underwhelming with how it tackled themes of abuse and trauma. I don't trust them at all to handle something like SH with any subtlety.

Heavy RE7 vibes, but I can get behind it. idk about the text messages thing. I doubt it will actually make it into the game(maybe as a dedicated app you can optionally download that serves a similar purpose?), but that sounds like a legal nightmare to me for some reason idk.

Oh lord this makes me think what if its one of those smartphone sim games, the ones that literally shows a smartphone gui you navigate. There are actually some decent horror games that use this template but it isn't what I'd want from a SH game. Though if there are multiple games being made under the SH umbrella I wouldn't put it past Konami to greenlight one using the IP. I know I'm reaching based off four images and barely any info, just spitballing cause what else is there to go off of?

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
more folks should play Home Sweet Home btw

really neat horror game, good scares, good imagery

Lepi

Mar 24, 2020
Dusk is pretty damn legit when it comes to Capcom, especially Resident Evil. Sure their info outside of Capcom has been hit and miss, but they have very reliable sources.
This is the same guy that spread a fake rumour at the resolution/performance of the PS5 version of RE Village cos he felt Xbox was getting a bad rep.

Darkknight2149

Ban made permanent due to harassment of staff
Banned
May 27, 2020
I'll be honest, this looks abysmal and very much like something Bloober Team would create.

The art direction here looks like "generic first person psychological horror game" and is definitely not up to Silent Hill standards.

The protagonist having "I hate myself" on her forehead is also incredibly forced and makes it seem like this is going to be yet another Silent Hill 2 rip-off that misinterprets the town as being some sort of supernatural couch therapist or a purgatory for punishing the guilty.

If this is real, hopefully the rest of the game looks much better than this. I'm guessing Masahiro Ito isn't involved.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Dusk Golem, aka "RE Village was originally Revelations 3, the tall lady is the main villain and is Alex Wesker, it has a lot of illusion based gameplay, and runs bad on PS5". aka "Silent Hill has two games coming soon circa 2020". aka "I intentionally lied to try and expose someone else, not because I got caught lying for sure" aka "i engaged in console war bullshit because I thought resetera has too much Playstation bias". Look, I'm not saying that Dusk Golem is a bad person or that they don't also have some legitimate sources. They got the Shenmue anime right, I think? But they've also been wrong far more often than they've been right.

Anyway, even if we were to believe that this is legit (mods here also backed katharsis and dusk's claims that Silent Hill was being announced at Sony's 2020 event, so I'm not convinced, but whatever), this is apparently pictures from 2020? Probably a proof of concept thing if anything. It doesn't look very Silent Hill-y, looks like it's trying to be what people imagined PT would be... so yeah, not surprised it's giving off Bloober vibes.

I'm unimpressed either way.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
This is the same guy that spread a fake rumour at the resolution/performance of the PS5 version of RE Village cos he felt Xbox was getting a bad rep.

I get it, but he made one mistake. He has been right about so any things; at the end of the day, we have to understand that insiders are human and stuff up, just like everyone else. What he has gotten right far outweighs what he has gotten wrong.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
After all this time, if the new Silent Hill game we get is a fucking first person game, it can eat every last micrometer of my asshole. I'm so tired of first-person jumpscare horror. Christ.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Yeah, I got to agree that the imagery going on here is fucking shit. Even if it's not Bloober, it looks VERY Bloober.

Hopefully it'll at least be a cool high budget horror game.