• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2595

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm begging all of you SH fans- please- just calm the hell down. I'm thankful for the Dusk leaks, but Christ all mighty… production, marketing, planning, scheduling is STILL A THING.
Relax. I know it's tough- but fucking relax. 😂
You trying to calm down every rabid SH fan that enters the thread:

nothing_to_see_here_naked_gun.gif

BG: the rabid SH fans already in the thread

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I probably shouldn't say anything, because I don't actually know when the game is being revealed at present. So take this as speculation, as it's not a leak, just me speculating. I just have more insight to what's being developed than the public at this point (more than I'm sharing publicly, a lot more actually). But I'm really suspicious of Tokyo Game Show with the Exhibitors list that was released, and some of the companies attending.

I debated making this post as I don't want to build people to, "EXPECT IT HERE," especially when I 100% do not know. Just know I haven't personally suspected that a Silent Hill game would show up at any event for over a year, almost two (not this E3, not last E3), and this TGS is the first time since I fell for some things along with Katharsis back in 2020 that I'm a bit suspicious. In big part because of some companies that are now confirmed to be attending TGS 2022, but to see, to see.

I'm sorry if I get people to get excited for this and it turns into another nothing burger, I just think I should be straight-shooting that this TGS is the first time I've personally speculated since 2020 it might show-up, but that's 100% speculation based on who's attending rather than me knowing it's being revealed there.

Lucini

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sorry if I get people to get excited for this and it turns into another nothing burger, I just think I should be straight-shooting that this TGS is the first time I've personally speculated since 2020 it might show-up, but that's 100% speculation based on who's attending rather than me knowing it's being revealed there

I'm sorry that this post even needs this kind of disclaimer but I get it. The internet takes things and kind of runs with it until the next thing we're seeing is "Dusk GUARANTEES SH reboot debut at TGS" plastered across the internet.

I hope your speculation and gut feeling pan out. Hell for you, for me, for all of us.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry that this post even needs this kind of disclaimer but I get it. The internet takes things and kind of runs with it until the next thing we're seeing is "Dusk GUARANTEES SH reboot debut at TGS" plastered across the internet.

I hope your speculation and gut feeling pan out. Hell for you, for me, for all of us.
People keep hyping themselves up for each event then being left down. I was told by someone I trust heavily in early 2021 that the game wouldn't be revealed in 2021, so not to expect it, so I never did. And now knowing more, & especially seeing the exhibitor list... But literally every company I know is involved with Silent Hill is present at the next Tokyo Game Show, for the first time all together at once, and it includes companies who it's their first ever TGS, just call me a tad suspicious. But it's speculation (though based on knowing a few things, IE I know the companies involved with these projects) and a gut feeling at this point.

But the last thing I want to do is take people to hype up another event, only for nothing to show up again. The most I can give is this is the first event since I fell for the thing along with Katharsis at E3 2020 where I personally have suspected that SH might actually turn up, and who I now know are the players behind the project are all attending this TGS, so to see I guess (I also will clarify they were not all attending this E3, which was telling to me it probably wasn't there). They could be there for other reasons, I am not ruling that out, but it is the first time they've all been collected in one place at the same time, basically (and more suspicious as it includes first timers to TGS).

BUT, this is just speculation, not me knowing. I will clarify once more that this is not a leak, just speculation. It's just the first time I've personally been suspicious of a reveal at a game show since 2020, but I don't actually know.

Last edited:

jsnepo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Let's go TGS! I'll hype myself up and then be disappointed but won't blame anybody but myself.

Darkknight2149

Ban made permanent due to harassment of staff
Banned
May 27, 2020
Is Capcom one of the companies involved? Some people speculated that from the Sakura screenshots and they're one of the developers announced to be at the Tokyo Game Show.

Argentil

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the insight, Dusk. I'll dare to hope, but won't be expecting anything.

I would be surprised if it were revealed at TGS though, the Sony project in particular. Do they have a history of doing major game announcements at TGS that aren't niche Japanese titles?

Either way, it has to be soon, the game looked so far along in the 2020 screenshots. If not TGS or Gamescom, maybe TGA?

dpanim

Oct 27, 2017
People keep hyping themselves up for each event then being left down. I was told by someone I trust heavily in early 2021 that the game wouldn't be revealed in 2021, so not to expect it, so I never did. And now knowing more, & especially seeing the exhibitor list... But literally every company I know is involved with Silent Hill is present at the next Tokyo Game Show, for the first time all together at once, and it includes companies who it's their first ever TGS, just call me a tad suspicious. But it's speculation (though based on knowing a few things, IE I know the companies involved with these projects) and a gut feeling at this point.

But the last thing I want to do is take people to hype up another event, only for nothing to show up again. The most I can give is this is the first event since I fell for the thing along with Katharsis at E3 2020 where I personally have suspected that SH might actually turn up, and who I now know are the players behind the project are all attending this TGS, so to see I guess (I also will clarify they were not all attending this E3, which was telling to me it probably wasn't there). They could be there for other reasons, I am not ruling that out, but it is the first time they've all been collected in one place at the same time, basically (and more suspicious as it includes first timers to TGS).

BUT, this is just speculation, not me knowing. I will clarify once more that this is not a leak, just speculation. It's just the first time I've personally been suspicious of a reveal at a game show since 2020, but I don't actually know.

1. Do you know who the Japanese developer is that is working on the next mainline entry?
2. What happened to that Silent Hill reveal trailer that was apparently being translated internally at Sony way back when? You mentioned you knew that was happening for a fact.

Darkknight2149

Banned
May 27, 2020
1. Do you know who the Japanese developer is that is working on the next mainline entry?
He already said that he does, even in the comment you're replying to:

But literally every company I know is involved with Silent Hill is present at the next Tokyo Game Show, for the first time all together at once, and it includes companies who it's their first ever TGS, just call me a tad suspicious.
This one I'll answer, Sony's still involved.
I'll give you a somewhat non-answer answer and say this is developed by more than one studio, it's a joint production. What I will say is that Masahiro Ito is 100% working on this, I have some art from him from this project to prove it but I'll share that later as most of the art shows maybe a bit too much.

About question #2, I was wondering the same thing. Dusk Golem

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I don't even remember the last time TGS had anything that blew my mind (maybe in the early 2000s?).

But to hell with it. I'm keeping my hype shoes on the low shelf; easy to grab, baby!

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020

Isn't the presentation you have access to from a cancelled E3 Konami presentation in 2021, though?
I thought it was pretty much agreed by everyone that they were going to show this stuff off at E3 2021 which is why they originally signed on to be part of E3 and only later backed out. Unless by "early 2021" you meant "April/May", in which case yeah it was obvious when they pulled out of E3 that they weren't ready for whatever reason. But if that was a decision made earlier in the year why did they sign up originally at all?

View: https://twitter.com/Konami/status/1388266921498394624

Streusel

▲ Legend ▲
Dec 28, 2017
kind of makes sense to show it this tgs because tgs and gamescom will be the first big in person events since covid started.
if they want to show off a demo.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't the presentation you have access to from a cancelled E3 Konami presentation in 2021, though?
I thought it was pretty much agreed by everyone that they were going to show this stuff off at E3 2021 which is why they originally signed on to be part of E3 and only later backed out. Unless by "early 2021" you meant "April/May", in which case yeah it was obvious when they pulled out of E3 that they weren't ready for whatever reason. But if that was a decision made earlier in the year why did they sign up originally at all?

View: https://twitter.com/Konami/status/1388266921498394624

It was, but the event was cancelled pretty early into 2021, I got the heads-up it wasn't going to end up appearing a few weeks before that tweet you quoted, and to not expect it for the rest of 2021, so I wasn't really expecting it.

I could give a really long breakdown of the time table here, but it wouldn't be as useful as I couldn't get into specifics regardless, but I had head in December that a trailer was ready for the title. I can 100% say a Silent Hill game was supposed to be revealed at E3 2021, but the plans were delayed for several reasons. The SH I posted screenshots of was originally supposed to release in October of 2021, but keep in mind the plan of where to reveal it and when it was supposed to release is from 2020, before the full extent of COVID was known. And what I'm talking about is the smallest of the 3.5 SH project, the 0.5 (with the first original SH project originally supposed to release in Winter 2022, but I am betting that's also been delayed now with this being delayed). I have a better idea where the plans are at this point, but that's what I've spoken about publicly previously, and I guarantee you this is the stuff that the other insiders who've talked about this rumor & confirmed what they've heard have talked about. I've got more updated since then, just for the record I'm at a point I pretty much know what every other insider knows on this topic at this point, and I know more about this particular rumor than they do at this point I'm pretty sure as well. The sources on all of this are about as damn good as they could be, so the bottom line is its a waiting game.

I am very curious how they may have changed their plans with the legitimate leak, but I also feel a lot of the details aren't known. I kinda' think some other leakers revealed more than they should've, but hey, not for me to control, and there's still a lot not known. But they 100% wanted to do a secret thing,, & that secret thing may not 100% work as they hoped, so I'm curious how they'll change their plans. But maybe it's fine to go through, since I know many disbelieve anythings happening anyways, so.

Last edited:

Jroc

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
Masahiro Ito's game has the potential for some creepy psychedelic imagery.

photo-1493589976221-c2357c31ad77

photo-1526344966-89049886b28d

photo-1619795903107-48ef56e97b11

5KGXF2j.png

My only complaint is that the aesthetic looks a little too J-Horror for Silent Hill. For me the series is special because it depicts a distinctly American (New England) setting through a Japanese lens. Cherry blossoms make me think of Fatal Frame or something 🤷

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
It was, but the event was cancelled pretty early into 2021, I got the heads-up it wasn't going to end up appearing a few weeks before that tweet you quoted, and to not expect it for the rest of 2021, so I wasn't really expecting it.

Yeah that's fair.

If they're still going with the same plan I hope the delay is to make sure they don't put out the teaser thing too early before the real game. They might be underestimating how much people are afraid of being burned again after PT. There needs to be a solid launch schedule plan for everything before they come out swinging and I don't mind waiting for that.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that's fair.

If they're still going with the same plan I hope the delay is to make sure they don't put out the teaser thing too early before the real game. They might be underestimating how much people are afraid of being burned again after PT. There needs to be a solid launch schedule plan for everything before they come out swinging and I don't mind waiting for that.
It's all pretty complicated, and I think they know that. I think they wanted to put something playable in front of people at least due to concerns at the forefront of their marketing, which makes sense as I think they know for many they need to prove that they're capable of reviving SH. A lot of people have a negative perception of the post-Team Silent games (I have more complicated thoughts than most, I also think the era those games were made in isn't talked about enough in relation to what they are & their quality). And indeed, even if what they released as a teaser ended up being very good, there'd still be earned fears things won't manifest either after PT (many still have a sour taste in their mouth after PT's promise was squandered).

But there's a lot of interest, lots of curiosity from the general internet. Arguably Silent Hill has become a bigger IP in the last decade than it was when it was rather active, partially because it's continued to have an affect on basically all horror games in the decade since. I'm cautiously optimistic with what I know at this point, but I'm hoping they both manage to nail these games and this reveal. It's a tricky one, & I know hypocritical of me to say, but not made easier that some stuff has gotten out over the years. I'm personally rooting for them, I do think if they ultimately release very good video games, that'll be the most important thing. There's definitely interest in a SH revival, the fucking series wouldn't trend at nearly every game conference if there wasn't interest. Just many doubt their ability to be good games, and good Silent Hill games at that. I'm a bit more optimistic, but ultimately if they can make good Silent Hill games, it will probably do very well. The interest for a revival is there, just many doubt they can do it successfully. Their marketing goals are complicated, and there's going to be a lot of naysayers & legitimate & earned doubt to these titles. Ultimately, it'll all come down to how good these games are, and how good they are as Silent Hill games (which there is a formed idea both to the general public and to more hardcore long-time SH fans what Silent Hill is, SH's identity is a big part of the appeal of the franchise for people, so it's admittedly a tricky thing).

Darkknight2149

Banned
May 27, 2020
If it went into development in 2019, then I don't buy that it was going to be announced in 2020 for a 2021 release date. Even a hypothetical faithful remake would take three years to build, so that timeline doesn't match up.

What I will say is that the franchise revival being a major leap over the western games and closer to the quality of the originals is an absolute must, especially after the cancelled 2013 sequel and P.T. If it's another Homecoming/Downpour or a modern Resident Evil clone, there really isn't much of a point in bringing it back.

The worst case scenario would be botched remakes (Bloober or otherwise), though. The originals aren't available on any modern platform and remakes of Silent Hill are highly unnecessary/difficult to get right. Hopefully one of the projects is a remaster/re-release collection. Then again, it's possible Konami saw Resident Evil 2 and thought "Now we have to do that." Which goes to show that the two IPs tend to be over-compared.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
If it went into development in 2019, then I don't buy that it was going to be announced in 2020 for a 2021 release date. Even a hypothetical faithful remake would take three years to build, so that timeline doesn't match up.

What I will say is that the franchise revival being a major leap over the western games and closer to the quality of the originals is an absolute must, especially after the cancelled 2013 sequel and P.T. If it's another Homecoming/Downpour or a modern Resident Evil clone, there really isn't much of a point in bringing it back.

The worst case scenario would be botched remakes, especially from Bloober, though. The originals aren't available on any modern platform and remakes of Silent Hill are highly unnecessary/difficult to get right, so hopefully one of the projects is a remaster/re-release collection. Then again, maybe Konami saw Resident Evil 2 and thought "Now we have to do that." Which goes to show that the two IPs tend to be over-compared.
For the record, the thing releasing wasn't a full game, & the date stuff is 100% real I can say. What was supposed to be revealed & released in 2021 is what I call the 0.5 in the 3.5 projects.

The first full game was supposed to release in Winter 2022, but of course this is again from 2020, the full impact of COVID wasn't known at the time, and this was when the 0.5 project was supposed to release in October 2021 (obviously didn't happen). So probably the first full game is further out than that now.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Every time you bump this thread without new info, Eddie kicks a puppy in SH.

Darkknight2149

Banned
May 27, 2020

Darkknight2149

Banned
May 27, 2020
If you guys want some Copium, it seems unlikely that the game Dusk Golem leaked got cancelled or isn't still happening.

I dug up some tangible evidence:

January 2020

View: https://twitter.com/adsk4/status/1213576172518268931

June 2021

ItVHQgh.jpg

View: https://twitter.com/adsk4/status/1401043391207514114

November 2021

View: https://twitter.com/adsk4/status/1463647861027926016

And of course:

www.resetera.com

Christophe Gans (director of the first Silent Hill movie) confirms that Konami is working on several Silent Hill games and projects

I debated if I should be the one to make this thread or not, but it is new news. Christophe Gans, the director of the 2006 Silent Hill movie (had no involvement with the 2012 Silent Hill Revelations 3D) sat down for a 50 minute video interview with JEUXACTU (French website) because his movie...

Oct 29, 2017
Darkknight2149

I'm working on another job in the last few years, so I have't made much progress on that.

Masahiro Ito recently replied to someone on Twitter asking about Acid Bufferzone. I'd advise that people should leave him alone regarding his current job, whatever it is (be it a game, Silent Hill, an art project, or whatever}. Regardless, it still sounds like he's been working on this project for a few years, or some time.

Last edited:

Rapatou

Jun 28, 2021
It's all pretty complicated, and I think they know that. I think they wanted to put something playable in front of people at least due to concerns at the forefront of their marketing, which makes sense as I think they know for many they need to prove that they're capable of reviving SH. A lot of people have a negative perception of the post-Team Silent games (I have more complicated thoughts than most, I also think the era those games were made in isn't talked about enough in relation to what they are & their quality). And indeed, even if what they released as a teaser ended up being very good, there'd still be earned fears things won't manifest either after PT (many still have a sour taste in their mouth after PT's promise was squandered).

But there's a lot of interest, lots of curiosity from the general internet. Arguably Silent Hill has become a bigger IP in the last decade than it was when it was rather active, partially because it's continued to have an affect on basically all horror games in the decade since. I'm cautiously optimistic with what I know at this point, but I'm hoping they both manage to nail these games and this reveal. It's a tricky one, & I know hypocritical of me to say, but not made easier that some stuff has gotten out over the years. I'm personally rooting for them, I do think if they ultimately release very good video games, that'll be the most important thing. There's definitely interest in a SH revival, the fucking series wouldn't trend at nearly every game conference if there wasn't interest. Just many doubt their ability to be good games, and good Silent Hill games at that. I'm a bit more optimistic, but ultimately if they can make good Silent Hill games, it will probably do very well. The interest for a revival is there, just many doubt they can do it successfully. Their marketing goals are complicated, and there's going to be a lot of naysayers & legitimate & earned doubt to these titles. Ultimately, it'll all come down to how good these games are, and how good they are as Silent Hill games (which there is a formed idea both to the general public and to more hardcore long-time SH fans what Silent Hill is, SH's identity is a big part of the appeal of the franchise for people, so it's admittedly a tricky thing).

Hello, I'm sorry to disturb you but I have a question (you don't have to answer if you mind): Can you confirm or deny that Capcom is involved in those projets?
Thanks