• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
blog.playstation.com

Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales – An update from Insomniac Games

Insomniac Games shares more about Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, the new standalone game in the Marvel’s Spider-Man universe.

Key points:
-one year after SM
-set around Christmas time
-Miles lives in Harlem
-high tech crime gang as the enemy
-similar in scope to Uncharted Lost Legacy
-near-instant loading, ray-tracing, 3D audio and the DualSense controller
-Peter Parker's story is not done,
much more to tell there

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
All that sounds great to me. Like LL in scope is exactly what I want.

thisismadness

Oct 25, 2017
I liked Spiderman plenty, but I definitely thought it was bloated. Hopefully the smaller scope means less recycled side content and bad stealth sections.

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds great!

I'm expecting it'll be about 10 hours for main story, 15 or so if you do a good amount of side content, and launch at $40.

Lost Legacy felt like a steal at $40 because it was honestly longer than the first Uncharted, and the 2nd best in the series behind UC2. I expect Spider-Man will be a little longer because it's open world.

Baron Bliss

Oct 31, 2017
I understand that it's limited in scope so that they can have it out for the PS5 launch, but honestly I wish they took another year or two of development to make it a full-fledged sequel starring Miles.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Yeah, it seemed pretty obvious it was like a Lost Legacy style standalone with previous information but good to see they're being explicit to avoid further confusion

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
Sounds like fun. I want to play this in december. Swinging around NYC during Christmas while it's Christmas sounds like a good time.

Deleted member 35631

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 8, 2017
I understand that it's limited in scope so that they can have it out for the PS5 launch, but honestly I wish they took another year or two of development to make it a full-fledged sequel starring Miles.

I prefer that with Spider-Gwen. She needs her own game. Ever since the success of Spider-Man, I've been hoping that it somehow leads to a game starring her.

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
Insomniac has multiple teams across two offices (California and NC). I'm betting they've been simultaneously working on Spider-Man 2, and that you will be able to play as both Miles and Peter (and maybe Gwen? Or they tease her and save her for SM3).

I would not be surprised to see Spider-Man 2 release in 2022, 2023 at the latest.

Status
Not open for further replies.