• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
M6hOxEk.png

Release Notes
  • Added support for Intel XeSS upscaling technology.
  • Updated AMD FSR to version 2.1.1.
  • Made changes to address performance degradation when raytracing is enabled.
  • Changed VRAM budgets to allow for more video memory usage.
  • Added Connect to PSN option in the menu.
  • Fixed a bug that could cause the screen to turn black when switching to DLAA after DLSS had been set to Ultra Performance mode.
  • Fixed corruption in ray-traced reflections at low render resolutions when screen space reflections are also enabled.
  • Reduced flicker in ray-traced reflections when DLSS or DLAA is enabled.
  • Fixed corruption in ray-traced reflections on Intel ARC GPUs.
  • Minor visual fixes for some cinematics in 32:9 aspect ratio.

steamcommunity.com

Steam :: Marvelā€™s Spider-Man Remastered :: Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered v1.1006.0.0 Patch Notes

Hey everyone, Today we are releasing a patch for Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered with a focus on performance improvements, several new features, and bug fixes. We identified a performance degradation issue that could occur on some hardware configurations when raytracing is enabled. This was...

After clicking on the option you get QR code that currently leads nowhere XD

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
Really surprised with how quickly (relatively) they're moving with their PC push. I guess this is all in prep for their GaaS lineup.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Hope this linking overall means I can carry my GT7 profile to PC. I unlocked every car. Never again.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Please let this mean cross-save and trophy linking is gonna be a thing.

Oh, maybe even cross-purchase? Sony did this with PS3/4/Vita, so they can do it. Doing it with PS4/5/PC would be amazing. They really should think of making their own storefront.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Bring back that godlike PSN/Steam integration that was there for Portal 2, please.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
all these fixes are a great sign for Miles Morales as that should be released in much better shape...

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I played for 4-5 hours straight when the game came out and was definitely effected by this bug. I just ended up disabling RT in the game after about halfway.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I would love it if this meant earning PlayStation Trophies while playing on PC, but the image has a description of this account linking and it doesn't mention trophies (or cross-save) at all unfortunately.

Sounds more like Ubisoft Connect-type stuff. Bonus skill points in Spider-Man and 'gifts' in other PS Studios games that you've linked your account in.

Iqfiisf.jpg

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
How the hell they will offer cross saves when they are charging for cloud saves on consoles XD

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
He's talking about cross-buy, which Microsoft definitely does not support on Steam.
I think he meant in relation to cross-buy.
I meant more the purchase part. I don't think they'll support that w/o their own storefront. Crosssave/progression/trophies is a more reasonable expectation.

oh, well in the case of cross-buy, I don't think Sony does it regardless. They'd much rather you double dip probably.

I mean they don't even do cross-buy on their own consoles -- you gotta pay a $10 upgrade fee.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
I would love it if this meant earning PlayStation Trophies while playing on PC, but the image has a description of this account linking and it doesn't mention trophies (or cross-save) at all unfortunately.

Sounds more like Ubisoft Connect-type stuff. Bonus skill points in Spider-Man and 'gifts' in other PS Studios games that you've linked your account in.

Iqfiisf.jpg
I don't think anyone is saying this update adds it to Spider-Man, just that the connection to the account is indicative that it might be coming to future games.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017

Iqfiisf.jpg

I don't think it's happening right now, but it is the first new game to support PSN linking so could be the first step that'll (hopefully) lead to cross-save/trophy progression

Nov 14, 2017

Iqfiisf.jpg
I wonder if that's how they'll let late adopters access the preorder bonus with the early suit unlocks.

105-Shake

Aug 13, 2020

Iqfiisf.jpg

That's pretty neat. I wonder if my PSN account from the PS3 day's is still active. This might be how you get a Spiderman outfit on the sackboy pc game if there even is one.

Koklusz

Oct 27, 2017
  • Added support for Intel XeSS upscaling technology.
  • Updated AMD FSR to version 2.1.1.
  • Changed VRAM budgets to allow for more video memory usage.
OP kinda buried the lede.

Galava

ā–² Legend ā–²
Oct 27, 2017
This is weird, same performance with DLAA and DLSS. I guess the GPU is breezing through this game and is the CPU what holds the game down. (5600X, RTX3070 with RT on high at 1440p, around 50-70fps)

Also, XeSS crashes the game if enabled.

Edit: Oh, this thread is about the PSN thing, my bad

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
I'm curious to see how well the RT works. I also had the issue where the framerate would tank after an hour or so of playing with RT on. I eventually just kept it completely off to play through the game.

Tmespe

Oct 27, 2017
They just need to add just enough incentives for people to link their account so they can track individual users across platforms and make PC players into PSN users. I doubt we'll see much more than basic functionality. Cross purchases would go against their entire strategy of squeezing as much money as possible from a single game over platforms and generations, and cross saves are unlikely since it the ROI would be too small for them.