• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

gamma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
020.gif

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
They're not gonna acknowledge KotOR, OP. Even if the rumor is true, the description is still way off for KotOR, considering KotOR is set 4000 years before Skywalker, not 'hundreds of years'.

Anyway, I'm ready for them D&D to introduce teleporting to the Star Wars universe.

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I honest to God believe the superhero movies that have made it main stream is causing this to happen since studios see that there is a massive market for these movies that cater to the "nerds".

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Too good to be true.....
But it is legit...maybe we get to see Darth Bane and make Revan canon?

OP
OP
SolVanderlyn

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
They're not gonna acknowledge KotOR, OP. Even if the rumor is true, the description is still way off for KotOR, considering KotOR is set 4000 years before Skywalker, not 'hundreds of years'.

Anyway, I'm ready for them D&D to introduce teleporting to the Star Wars universe.
You never know, they sometimes throw us a bone like they did with Thrawn. I was more referring to the time period/setting than the game, though. Seeing the Jedi and the Republic at the height of their power.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Aesthetically KOTOR doesn't feel that old anyway. You can retell that story by changing details and have it fit hundreds of years before.

Toa Axis

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Too good to be true.....
But it is legit...maybe we get to see Darth Bane and make Revan canon?
Darth Bane actually is canon! It was brief, but he did appear in the Clone Wars, although sporting a new design:

Revan was almost made Canon via the Clone Wars as well (they had a model and a rig for him and everything), but they ultimately decided against it due to reasons I can't recall.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Aren't these GoT directors the ones who've been getting a lot of guff in another thread here for not doing a strictly stellar job with GoT? I don't know whether to be excited.

...let's just hope they're basing these films on well written books with clearly defined character arcs and storylines.

So the Game Of Thrones guys are for sure doing a TV series and not SW movies?

It's a trilogy of films.

golem

Oct 25, 2017
Star Wars meets LOTR sounds vaguely intriguing

Give me a Darth Traya storyline

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
An "Old Republic" movie of some kind is inevitable. It's one of the sub-brands that get people excited, plus there's plenty of marketing opportunity within.

The whole point of the past few years was to rebuild the brand in the public consciousness with something familiar. Once the Skywalker saga is finished, that's when Disney will feel safe with letting the brand go a little more crazy.

That being said, I'm not sure where the source is getting their information from. Is SWNN reputable? Or are we talking Mike Zeroh levels of reporting here?

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Aren't these GoT directors the ones who've been getting a lot of guff in another thread here for not doing a strictly stellar job with GoT? I don't know whether to be excited.

With the right budget, they sure can deliver the spectacle. Satisfying narratives are another thing entirely.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
These guys stink as writers as the show progressed. I'm still shocked when i realize Benioff wrote 25th Hour tbh

Is Rian Johnsons star wars movies still on the table or no?

Visanideth

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
This makes me think RJ will shoot the more intimate, not-Force focused movies he wanted to shoot, and D&D will go for the big epic thing with lightsabers and siths.

Which sounds... fine.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
SĂŁo Paulo, Brazil
I hate it that D&D are the ones who get to open those doors in the new canon, but I called it as soon as the series was announced; and I can't help but be excited.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
D&D? Expect bad pu**y

Because it'll be PG13

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah sounds like Bane implementing the rule of 2. Bane is canon since he appeared in clone wars. The books, which are okayish, and their timeline are not canon though.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Interested to see how they squander the potential of a setting that's perhaps even more intriguing than Westeros.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Cool I'm not expecting it to have anything to do with the games but something set in that era will be interesting.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Finally something not shoehorned into the original trilogies! Sounds promising!

3bdelilah

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've recently started rewatching Star Wars in order of release (started with IV a week ago, followed by V and VI, and yesterday I've finished watching I), and despite not being the best made movies of all time (though IV and especially TESB come close), the extended universe is extremely dense with lore that I can lose myself in.

The Old Republic intrigues me very much. So much so that I'm thinking about playing Knights of the Old Republic on PC. It's been in my backlog for years, big fan of BioWare, I love Mass Effect, but I never really got around KotOR. Not sure if the gameplay holds up though...

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
So funny thing is, the 'Old Republic' as a concept has been largely untouched since the new Canon was established. There's a few loose details: the Sith splintering off 6000-ish years prior to the films; the wars with Zygerria (over the latter having slavery, go figure), the Mandalorians, and the Sith; that the Sith used and deployed massive superweapons powered by kyber crystals (as the direct inspiration for Sheev with both Death Stars). So while you've got a loose framework there you can pretty much do whatever, and indeed, something like the final years before the Old Republic's collapse - the causes for which aren't directly specified in current Canon - would entirely be in D&D's wheelhouse.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
It won't be a direct adaptation but surely something inspired by KOTOR.

Sounds exciting, but I don't expect to see anything about this project until 2021 at the earliest.