• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheTrain

Oct 27, 2017
The beta has been really smooth in terms of bug and such, it only feels incomplete sometime because of the missing assets which is sad. So I understand why they are pushing it in the main branch.

By the way if you see games without cover and such try to contact the developer itself on Twitter and/or their forums, they're probably not aware of this things (Apparently no one read the email that valve sends to them) and because of that they don't update anything. Spread the word basically, I've received a lot of replies from publisher and developer that sounds like ''Oh, a new library on Steam? Uat''

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The beta has been really smooth in terms of bug and such, it only feels incomplete sometime because of the missing assets which is sad. So I understand why they are pushing it in the main branch.

By the way if you see games without cover and such try to contact the developer itself on Twitter and/or their forums, they're probably not aware of this things (Apparently no one read the email that valve sends to them) and because of that they don't update anything. Spread the word basically, I've received a lot of replies from publisher and developer that sounds like ''Oh, a new library on Steam? Uat''
I'm very much not allowed to comment on Valve stuff in general, but, like...I dunno, I was warned several times and I heeded it. You'd be foolish to ignore their E-mails; they're generally very important. They don't overdo it.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017

I'm very much not allowed to comment on Valve stuff in general, but, like...I dunno, I was warned several times and I heeded it. You'd be foolish to ignore their E-mails; they're generally very important. They don't overdo it.

Some devs took its time to add the australian price (and heck some of the games still dont have it) and that was with Valve giving devs like 6+ months of head ups on something that prevents games to be sold EDIT: in a specific region.

Last edited:

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Some devs took its time to add the australian price (and heck some of the games still dont have it) and that was with Valve giving devs like 6+ months of head ups on something that prevents games to be sold.
Yup and they fucking still complained about not being notified

zetsubou

Oct 25, 2017
United States
If anyone wants to test out the new features with Outer Worlds

Custom Cover, BG, Logo / Logo 2, and wide header for the recent list

Yl7dWUA.png

SYhwKzK.png

I'm loving the update.

Hope you don't mind, I linked your post in the thread I made.

GoodGamerGuy

Nov 15, 2017
Really hope valve add some sort of library and art management built into steam. Creating assets and manually adding them for everything your missing is quite a bit of effort. Especially with hero banner stuff that can be animated, so much potential

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
soooooo my non-beta Steam install just updated and now it crashes on launch. this happening with anyone else?

KKRT

Oct 27, 2017
My Steam just updated with new Library and hate it.
I mean the searching is nice, layout also is not bad, but there is no distinction anymore between games from my library and my friends's library.
But the biggest problem is performance, its so slow. The scrolling feels jerky, every panel loads longer and it actually takes way more CPU than it previously did.
Really hate changes like that ;/

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Is there a more efficient way to replace icons for games that don't have them?

I have like 400ish games on steam and over 100 don't have updated icons.

Deleted member 15476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Small mode is a deprecated feature after the library update unfortunately. Hopefully Valve will re-implement it in the future. I believe there is a way to still launch it, but there is no guarantee it will keep working as the client receives more updates.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
So now that I've gotten a proper look at it... how do I turn off the news feed on the library page? If I want news, I'll go to the store.

PeterVenkman

Oct 25, 2017
I mean the searching is nice, layout also is not bad, but there is no distinction anymore between games from my library and my friends's library.
But the biggest problem is performance, its so slow. The scrolling feels jerky, every panel loads longer and it actually takes way more CPU than it previously did.

did you check "low bandwidth," "low performance," and "disable community content" options in the steam library? they say they disable some features to make loading snappier.

on another note, i wish there was support for animated files other than APNGs. I don't have any software that supports that format, which makes making looping covers a complete pain in the ass.

KKRT

Oct 27, 2017
did you check "low bandwidth," "low performance," and "disable community content" options in the steam library? they say they disable some features to make loading snappier.
Helped a little with loading store pages and slightly with scrolling performance. Lets hope they'll optimize it in updates.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Huh.
It's really weird though, because some developers/publishers did add the assets for the new library, but only to weird smatterings of games. Square Enix has only added them to some of the modern, popular Final Fantasy games, which at least makes some sense, but then there's Spike Chunsoft who seemingly only did it for Danganronpa 2. Not the other Danganronpa games, or any of the other games I own from them, just that one.

Last edited:

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
So now that I've gotten a proper look at it... how do I turn off the news feed on the library page? If I want news, I'll go to the store.
You can't turn it off completely, but right click each entry and pick show less. What's New will be gone until something new pops up and then you do the same with that until you don't get more updates about anything.

jaekeem

Oct 27, 2017
This shit still sucks sigh

Slow, bloated, needless clutter with things I don't need while removing easy reference to things I cared about seeing updates to like workshop

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017

on another note, i wish there was support for animated files other than APNGs. I don't have any software that supports that format, which makes making looping covers a complete pain in the ass.

You are free to rename gifs to .png if you'd like. There are also web-based APNG converters that can also help you out.

XBlade

Oct 26, 2017
Is GPU acceleration enable in your steam interface settings? that helped solve the choppy scrolling for me.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
Why not put actual relevant information in the right panel (controller support, cloud saves, release date)? [I see it on the clickdown, still should not require extra clicks] It's overall too big and the info panel is filled with junk (a big empty box for every game, empty community content, etc). Sigh.

Last edited:

PeterVenkman

Oct 25, 2017
You are free to rename gifs to .png if you'd like. There are also web-based APNG converters that can also help you out.

web converters so far are way too limited in length and resolution unfortunately. I want an efficient way to export video files to try out these covers, but APNG just isn't a good format choice imo.

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
Feels really sluggish scrolling through the list now, and as I mentioned once here already, strongly dislike seeing achievements with spoilers in them.

The shelf view is worse than the old, old boxart view. Not sure who this was designed for.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Feels really sluggish scrolling through the list now, and as I mentioned once here already, strongly dislike seeing achievements with spoilers in them.
Where are the achievements visible? I'm not seeing anything like that.

Have you tried the Setting -> Library options like Low Performance Mode? GPU acceleration in Settings -> Interface has also been mentioned.

Oct 25, 2017
If you really hate the new UI you can revert it back with this.

Did it earlier and no issues. Valve really needs to fix the performance issues and resource usage bloat with the new one, downgraded to this and instantly noticed Steam using over 100MB less memory.

wossname

Dec 12, 2017
Just got the update and I hate it. I don't need feeds of game updates. I don't want to know what my friends have been playing. I just want a nice grid view of all my games, arranged by most recently played, with nice artwork for each. I can kind of get that with the collections view, but it doesn't default to it when opening Steam so you have to manually navigate to it, about half my games don't have updated artwork so you get the ugly blurred landscape images, I have less control over the size of the game icons, arranging by most recent adds an ugly date box over each game and also groups them by month which leaves large blank spaces, and the left side of the window is wasted by an unnecessary second re-listing of all my games.

Last edited: