• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
Hey, I wanna know if anyone is having the same issue as me.
I don't know why, SteamVR is on the top of my library time. Seems as if Steam think I'm playing it all the time. Says that I have 66 hours played in the last two weeks. Only started happening when I installed the beta.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
Beta updated:

The beta has been updated to correct an issue with some free uninstalled applications appearing in users' libraries.

I don't know why, SteamVR is on the top of my library time. Seems as if Steam think I'm playing it all the time. Says that I have 66 hours played in the last two weeks. Only started happening when I installed the beta.
You're not alone. I had to hide SteamVR from my library, but it's still pumping out the hours like crazy.

Last edited:

Vagabond

Oct 26, 2017
United States
Its been stuck at loading the library for the last few days on this machine.... Havent been able to see my games. Gotta launch them from the start menu.

Oct 25, 2017
I messed a bit with the disable community content/low bandwidth mode... and I can't tell the difference. What is low bandwidth mode disabling besides community content?
Its been stuck at loading the library for the last few days on this machine.... Havent been able to see my games. Gotta launch them from the start menu.
Are you using any skins?

Vagabond

Oct 26, 2017
United States
Are you using any skins?
None that I'm aware of.

Edit: Played with settings and was prompted to check the low bandwidth mode, and also enabled hardware video decoding, and after Steam restarted, it worked. I've done Windows updates over the past few days and restarted earlier today so I knew Steam had to restart as well, but I guess one of those settings 'fixed' it. Strange, but whatever!

Last edited:

hannuraina

Prophet of Truth
Jan 7, 2018
How can I filter by "Installed" as I did before? Can't find it.

Edit. Nvm, found it.

wisdom_of_the_ancients.png

Edit: nvm, someone else explained it.

Oct 25, 2017

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Still havent added Store tags for the games in the "More info" part when chosen in the library. Fo shame.
Did they say they were going to do that somewhere? That would be great if they did that. I manually sort a pretty much all of my games and having to go to the Store page and then back to my Library to apply the tag is a bit of a pain.

Yes, the auto-collection stuff is nice, but I like to have some additional say in where some game go... especially since I've had these manually set up categories for years now.

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
Wasn't there a way to change the background art (banner)? I thought you could do it in the "recent games" section but that changes only the cover art.

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like they've been adding options to the right click menu without putting them in the changelogs. "Browse local files" is part of the "Manage" submenu now, and if you have a controller connected, so is "Controller configuration".

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Looks like they've been adding options to the right click menu without putting them in the changelogs. "Browse local files" is part of the "Manage" submenu now, and if you have a controller connected, so is "Controller configuration".
Bless. I've always hated that you needed to go to properties to find the local files link, great additions.

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
Wasn't there a way to change the background art (banner)? I thought you could do it in the "recent games" section but that changes only the cover art.

Hmm looks like there is no actual official support to change it but you can change it manually.

Go to: "Steam\appcache\librarycache". The file you want to change is named "APPID#_library_hero.jpg"

zetsubou

Oct 25, 2017
United States
where do you go to submit issues? I share libraries with my sister and in the new side listing both libraries are listed together, so I don't know whos is whos.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
where do you go to submit issues? I share libraries with my sister and in the new side listing both libraries are listed together, so I don't know whos is whos.

You can submit issues here: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/SteamClientBeta/discussions

For a temporary workaround, the game-page of any given game should show if a game is your sister's, it will show "Shared from the Library of...", then you can manually add these games to their own collection, that's what I did.

zetsubou

Oct 25, 2017
United States
I think you click the beta button in the home screen, top left corner.

thanks!
You can submit issues here: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/SteamClientBeta/discussions

For a temporary workaround, the game-page of any given game should show if a game is your sister's, it will show "Shared from the Library of...", then you can manually add these games to their own collection, that's what I did.
thanks!

I guess it doesn't show that anymore? I tried on two that I know aren't mine (one installed and one not installed) and I don't see that anywhere

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Still waiting for an option to hide updates (past and future) from a game in the what's new feed. Seen it suggested in the feedback forum a few times.

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Still waiting for an option to hide updates (past and future) from a game in the what's new feed. Seen it suggested in the feedback forum a few times.
Hiding a game seems to hide updates from it but that feels like a bad way of solving that particular issue. I hope they add a way to optout from individual games.

Slimcea

Nov 29, 2017
is the new Library interface kinda laggy for anyone else? One thing I've really noticed - trying to filter your games by typing into the searchbox has really poor performance. You can literally see Steam fall behind trying to filter the games after the 3rd to 4th character, and it takes 2 to 3 seconds for the rest of your keystrokes to appear and be processed.

Oct 31, 2017
is the new Library interface kinda laggy for anyone else? One thing I've really noticed - trying to filter your games by typing into the searchbox has really poor performance. You can literally see Steam fall behind trying to filter the games after the 3rd to 4th character, and it takes 2 to 3 seconds for the rest of your keystrokes to appear and be processed.
Feels snappier than the previous one to me.

Oct 25, 2017
Some people are having performance issues, yeah. Fine for me, though I don't own thousands of games :v

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Non-beta did exactly what you described but the beta is super snappy for me. And that's with the included hidden games that the old version never showed on search which means it's now sifting through well over 1000 games with all the shared stuff I have.

Slimcea

Nov 29, 2017
Non-beta did exactly what you described but the beta is super snappy for me. And that's with the included hidden games that the old version never showed on search which means it's now sifting through well over 1000 games with all the shared stuff I have.

Weirdly it's the opposite behaviour for me though. The non-beta feels much snappier even for the large library I have. Suspect it's linked to the loading of game icons in the listing though as the slowness seems to be more apparent when listing games that I haven't really scrolled to before.

Oh well, the new interface and the improvements to categorizing are still worth it IMO. Just wish they had an option to disable the game icons in the list.

Deleted member 15476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I had performance issues only when the new library first dropped. After the first update it has been reasonably responsive for me.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Finally got round to joining this beta last night and I really like it. Looks really nice and clean and loads better on a big TV than before.

Ruruja

Oct 25, 2017

I had that, had to uninstall SteamVR.

DinoPulse

May 25, 2018
BUMP for an awesome addition to the already great new customization features of the new Library.
Does nobody realize that Valve just improved one of the few good things about this new update?
Turns out you can add custom banners and logos to the Details page for any steam game, including non steam games.
It works extremely well alongside custom steam grid images with Non-Steam games.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
The Steam Client Beta has been updated with the following changes:

Library
  • Added new ui to enable uploading screenshots to your Steam profile directly from the post-game summary and when viewing a full resolution screenshots.
  • You can now remove a free to play game from your library by right clicking on the game in the games list and choosing manage -> Remove From Library.
  • You can now add custom header and logo artwork to games in your library (and position the logo) by right clicking in the header area of a game details page.
  • Added context menu option on What's New items to show more or less per-game
Remote Play Together
  • Fixed video locking up after Alt-Tab away from the streaming client
  • Show an error message if you try to invite someone while you're set to Invisible
  • Fixed controller mouse input leaking through when host is alt-tabbed to the desktop
  • Fixed sending and accepting an invitation while in Big Picture mode
  • Fixed Big Picture interface being visible to the client
  • Corrected store page listings for dozens of games that have local multiplayer modes
Steam Input
  • Improve automatic conversions when applying configurations to different controller types – Steam Controllers will get grip bindings based on the A/X buttons and PS4 Controller trackpad's will get bindings based on the option/share buttons.
  • Add a Screenshot binding to the Switch Pro controller capture button in the default templates – when applying a configuration from another controller type this binding will also be automatically be added.
General
  • Updated embedded Chromium build in Steam to 77.0.3865.90

Nov 14, 2017
BUMP for an awesome addition to the already great new customization features of the new Library.
Does nobody realize that Valve just improved one of the few good things about this new update?
Turns out you can add custom banners and logos to the Details page for any steam game, including non steam games.
It works extremely well alongside custom steam grid images with Non-Steam games.
Fucking awesome, this is the thing I wanted most.

DinoPulse

May 25, 2018
Fucking awesome, this is the thing I wanted most.
Yep. and now it'll help make the mods, non-steam games, fangames and such that I have added to my steam library fit right in with all my Steam games too.
Now they just have to make it easier to be able to reorganize your games in whatever order you want in both the usual sidebar as well as your collections and shelves, AND bring back the view button so that if you don't want the grid view and just want the list view, or the collections view, you can switch between views, and it'll be much better.

TheTrain

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't knew that you could select more items at once and move them around the collection shelves:

hcvEh2a.png

Neat!
Also Nadeo updated the assets for their games:

BaALPM2.png

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
I'd like to be able to set a shelf to rotate daily, so that a random shelf is shown at the top of my list (or wherever I place it)